Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's our group-chat ingame with 3 people that know each other quite well. If you get offended by what you read in our group-chat then I'd suggest you don't read our group-chat or just don't comment on it. It's not like we've spread word over green-PMs or system/local-chat.
As for you repeatedly telling me to watch out for the position I may be in, I'd ask you to stop shooting vague information and clearly state what you're on about with actual showing evidence. Or you just stop it, maybe I'll then stop too. It's a two-way-road as much as you'd not like to acknowledge that. Don't ask from me what you can't hand out yourself.
Your name isn't green/yellow/orange, why I should take you as staff again?
(01-24-2016, 09:42 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 09:35 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]Please read some more of our group-chat ingame and then complain to the whole server via console message because what you read there affronted your ego.
Free advertisement though, thanks for that.

Please be a nicer member. I don't think you realize how much of a short leash you are on.

He has a point.
Reading group chats is bad and you know exactly what I mean.

Edit: As Divine says, if you get offended by something that goes on in a group chat, you should probabbly not read it. Hell- if you really are going to read group chats/private chats between people(and get offended by it no less), you people may aswell give everyone the ability to read anyones' group chat at any point. <:
(01-24-2016, 09:52 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 09:42 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 09:35 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]Please read some more of our group-chat ingame and then complain to the whole server via console message because what you read there affronted your ego.
Free advertisement though, thanks for that.

Please be a nicer member. I don't think you realize how much of a short leash you are on.

He has a point.
Reading groupchats is bad.

Publishing groupchats for all to read is bad.
Groupchats could be considered privileged information between the people in the group and the Admins who see all.
Unless it involves cybering?

Anyway, how is that sanction going? Or are you still saying that me shooting a person's shield down myself constitutes as them complying to my demands? Pretty sure you do not give a toss anymore and neither should I at this point, but I hate accumulating sanction points for dumb things that did not happen.
Divine does have a point, unless someone that was within the group chat filed a report because something said within offended them or admins need to look through logs for potential evidence relating to another violation report there isn't any reason to look at group chat and then get annoyed at one someone is saying when it is being publicly said.
Reading groupchats and not admitting it is even worse. But oh dear. I generally avoid cybering, but when I cyber, i make up for all the avoidance. It is a little funny that the staff can see all of that. But I guess it is for our safety. No, really. I am slightly less sarcastic than usually. It would be hard to check sanction evidence or if anything important has happened without this. Or am I in fact a bit more sarcastic than usually? Better to stay vague when criticizing the staff, I suppose.
The above post essentially displays you have learned nothing during your ban, but all together your attitude since you were given a chance back has been a constant display of that assertion. Group chat is also not your personal rage playground. If we are working on the desk and see someone trashing a staff member like you love to do, or displaying an unacceptable attitude, we are not mindless drones. If you feel offended by a small reminder that you are not alone in the universe then perhaps you should once again reconsider your attitude like it was expected from you when the ban was lifted.

If you think the admin team has forgotten your little game while you were banned when you created chatrooms isolating us one by one in a poor attempt to get us to lift your ban by displaying the nicest attitude the world has ever known (and involving an ex-admin that has not been in the game for almost a year?), then you are greatly mistaken. We did not forget. Once again I'm going to remind you to change your attitude very fast.

I may not be green, yellow or orange for the time being as I am more interested in my studies than being bothered with FL questions, but it doesn't mean you can freely take a shot unharmed for that reason.
(01-24-2016, 09:35 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]Please read some more of our group-chat ingame and then complain to the whole server via console message

What the hell? Is that a thing now?
Checking group chat for potential evidence is one thing, but just randomly watching group chat ingame is a bit unnecessary. Not sure on the specifics of what happened so just putting out my opinion on this thing in general.
Loki, it seems you are making statements like this because you have no idea how the server tools work.
On the server software, all chats are displayed in one window, be it system, group, pm, anything. There is no filtering. It's all dumped in one window as it happens.

We wouldn't bother to selectively dig for one group.