Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-25-2016, 11:24 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Just because this is not a democracy it doesn't mean it has to be an abusive tyrannical dictatorship either. Sure the community have fewer, mainly less effective choices here than in real life with real governments, but I wonder how far you would go, Infra, before people turn to those choices we still have.

Well we did agree on next greifing thread, didn't we?

Go ahead and judge me, if that makes you feel any better. I have said nothing untrue, nothing insulting. It doesn't matter how far I would go, as I'm not in charge here. People are free to exercise those choices (I presume you mean leaving or boycotting the place). But the ones who have been systematically checking the fence for weaknesses like some sort of forum velociraptor have been doing it for years, and those people are still here. I very much doubt anything I have said is new information to them, or you for that matter.

(01-25-2016, 11:30 AM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]Just to note here. The forum even doesn't have a legal notice at first caught which is at first place illegal. Means talking about accepting a system is a little redundant.
I'm not here to engage in loose legalese or keyboard lawyering. To be honest I have no idea about that side of things and won't pretend to.

Disclaimer - I'm going to bed now. I'll have a look in the morning in here for those who have tried to crucify me for just voicing my thoughts.
(01-25-2016, 11:31 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2016, 11:24 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Just because this is not a democracy it doesn't mean it has to be an abusive tyrannical dictatorship either. Sure the community have fewer, mainly less effective choices here than in real life with real governments, but I wonder how far you would go, Infra, before people turn to those choices we still have.

Well we did agree on next greifing thread, didn't we?

Go ahead and judge me, if that makes you feel any better. I have said nothing untrue, nothing insulting. It doesn't matter how far I would go, as I'm not in charge here. People are free to exercise those choices (I presume you mean leaving or boycotting the place). But the ones who have been systematically checking the fence for weaknesses like some sort of forum velociraptor have been doing it for years, and those people are still here. I very much doubt anything I have said is new information to them, or you for that matter.

(01-25-2016, 11:30 AM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]Just to note here. The forum even doesn't have a legal notice at first caught which is at first place illegal. Means talking about accepting a system is a little redundant.
I'm not here to engage in loose legalese or keyboard lawyering. To be honest I have no idea about that side of things and won't pretend to.

Just like to point this out as sometimes it is implied that organization, behavior and acting tend to a company model. Obviously, it moves on thin ice sometimes.
Infra, if "Deal with it." is all you have to say, noted. Thank you for your contribution.

I'm sure if forums required fully-fledged legal notices, something awful, facepunch, neogaf and many others would have complete, lawyer sponsored T&Cs. There is no need for this. All forums I know of provide a registration agreement to which you abide when you register, and we even revised it due to problematic community elements several months ago. An announcement was posted.

We are also in a legal loophole as the server is hosted in France and our representative is in the US. France requires you to do CNIL registrations for forums that go beyond personal usage and it is useless/not possible if you do not reside in France.

I don't even know why you brought this up.
(01-25-2016, 11:56 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]We are also in a legal loophole as the server is hosted in France.

It is in France? okay, I seriously thought it was in the Netherlands based on my ping experience ever since I changed ISP.
Thumbs up for the current host then even when there seemed to be some people bugged out with the current connection.
OVH is pretty great for anything western europe, but there are issues once you are out of western europe, especially when it's peak time. OVH is responsible for an incredible lot of traffic and there's a fair bit of congestion out of WE, unfortunately there's not much we can do ourselves. We'll be looking into new options in late april though, if nothing improves.
I too want to give thanks to the host, i went from 600 ping 2 days ago to 400 ping today, keep up the great work, pvp ping is almost in sight.
I don't recall a change of host that recently, I'm fairly certain it has moved from Germany to France a good while ago.
(01-25-2016, 11:56 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sure if forums required fully-fledged legal notices, something awful, facepunch, neogaf and many others would have complete, lawyer sponsored T&Cs. There is no need for this. All forums I know of provide a registration agreement to which you abide when you register, and we even revised it due to problematic community elements several months ago. An announcement was posted.

We are also in a legal loophole as the server is hosted in France and our representative is in the US. France requires you to do CNIL registrations for forums that go beyond personal usage and it is useless/not possible if you do not reside in France.

I don't even know why you brought this up.

Brought it up, because of the "you accept it while registration", because such "deal with it" statement is seriously the last thing to add within a discussion. I don't feel to drop this down to a lawyers discussion, though.
There are literally things confusing in here. Whether calming it has become a staff vs community again., a childish playground and everywhere are people waving with their rights, position, judging....and what else. Even the staff always proclaims to act completely voluntary and do anything in their free time, acting is often beyond this. Like stomping around and showing tyrannical tendencies.

(01-24-2016, 11:59 PM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I do agree with. And is a feedback. This on and off thing of Alley is a little confusing. If her position is just categorized supportive to the staff influences and rights should be regulated. It's difficult to realize which part she currently goes to take at all.

What about this?
This thread is at a point where everyone should cool down for a bit and then engage in an actual discussion again. Locked for 24h. ~Skorak