Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-06-2015, 12:28 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]What do the admins think about the Order fr5? Do they know that on top of it being unjust, it's actually had a negative impact on the activity of both Order| and their indies? Do they understand that this has a knock on effect to other factions in the Edge Worlds?

It does not make any sense. Order - Zoner hostile rephack was created because of hostile relations between the Order and 1 of the 3 official Zoner factions.

At the same time IMG has no hostile rephack with the Junkers even though it has hostile relations with 1 of the 2 official Junker factions.

This double standard should be remedied. Either enforce a rephack to IMG - Junkers too or otherwise remove the Order - Zoner rephack. And this is just an example, there are of course more similar cases.
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but its the only place I can think of. The ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business has not been updated in quite a while, kinda getting bored with the Blood Diamonds and Gaian wildlife apfelstrudel.
(04-07-2015, 12:35 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the best place to post this but its the only place I can think of. The ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business has not been updated in quite a while, kinda getting bored with the Blood Diamonds and Gaian wildlife apfelstrudel.

Yep. Meant to discuss possible routes with the Admins and got caught up with some Disco drama. Give us a few days and we'll get something going, I hope.
(04-06-2015, 12:28 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]What do the admins think about the Order fr5? Do they know that on top of it being unjust, it's actually had a negative impact on the activity of both Order| and their indies? Do they understand that this has a knock on effect to other factions in the Edge Worlds?

Personally, I think Zoner FR5s should not be given so freely; imo they shouldn't exist at all. They bear far too many ooRP consequences and don't make sense from an RP perspective either.

Sanctions, including FR5's, are not appropriate feedback for this thread.
Although i appreciate all the work from the admin team but i still want to give a small feedback concerning some points.

1- I noticed that some admins take days to reply a pm, some even ignore replying sometimes, i know everyone have a life, i know they are doing this work here for free, i know, i know, i know, ... i am just mentioning my feedback so maybe they can be little faster

2- Some requirements are vague, without a limit or a size, for example: what's is the amount of RP required for core 3 and core 4 bases? nothing measured, i think it need to be sized so the players know how much efforts they need to spend to get their blueprints so they can go forward with more RP contracts and gaming.

thank you for your time
(04-07-2015, 06:12 PM)Diamanten Vorposten Wrote: [ -> ]Although i appreciate all the work from the admin team but i still want to give a small feedback concerning some points.

1- I noticed that some admins take days to reply a pm, some even ignore replying sometimes, i know everyone have a life, i know they are doing this work here for free, i know, i know, i know, ... i am just mentioning my feedback so maybe they can be little faster

2- Some requirements are vague, without a limit or a size, for example: what's is the amount of RP required for core 3 and core 4 bases? nothing measured, i think it need to be sized so the players know how much efforts they need to spend to get their blueprints so they can go forward with more RP contracts and gaming.

thank you for your time

Thanks for your feedback.

To answer your first point, Admins are generally busy with Disco matters, and more importantly, real life responsibilities. I generally don't allow a day to pass before reading a PM, and I don't recall ever ignoring one entirely, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. You might want to try to file a Players Request, so all Admins can see it, and the ones who have more time can respond.

As far as your second point is concerned, we purposely leave RP requirements open ended in order to allow POB owners not to be pigeon holed into a fixed amount of RP. Generally speaking, the higher the Core Request is, the higher the quality we expect the RP to be. If you get declined for a Core Upgrade, we will generally tell you why so you will know where your RP might be deficient.
(04-07-2015, 06:12 PM)Diamanten Vorposten Wrote: [ -> ]1- I noticed that some admins take days to reply a pm, some even ignore replying sometimes, i know everyone have a life, i know they are doing this work here for free, i know, i know, i know, ... i am just mentioning my feedback so maybe they can be little faster

There is a Player Request Sub-Forum which has been billed as an Admin catchall PM box if your looking for a more rapid response
Admin Garrett :: Thank you for reply, i have more to say about it but i know this is not the right place for discussing it in more details, and also i understand the points you mentioned. have a good day.

Captain Nemo :: thank you for that link, i will post there asking about what i need. Appreciate it sir.
Speaking of Player Request I think it might be a good idea to have the posted thread visible to the person who posted it should the need to clarify some points arise. I'm pretty sure this is not possible in the base MyBB, however there should be plugins for it. I'm not entirely sure how the Admin procedures work as far as Player Requests are concerned, though that might not be the worst thing ever.
(04-08-2015, 05:13 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of Player Request I think it might be a good idea to have the posted thread visible to the person who posted it should the need to clarify some points arise. I'm pretty sure this is not possible in the base MyBB, however there should be plugins for it. I'm not entirely sure how the Admin procedures work as far as Player Requests are concerned, though that might not be the worst thing ever.

If there was a plugin which did that, it would be installed. I glance over the database now and then.
If you're willing to code it however, we'd be more than happy to install it.

We're completely fine with letting players see their own requests. Yay technical limitations!