Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-12-2016, 05:38 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]No. It is a fundamental part of Islam and has nothing to do with terrorism.

Well. I'm inclined to disagree. The usage the phrase has been derived by the whole society into terrorism, while it's not related to it.
I don't see anything wrong with RPing a muslim character, and not directly going to the extremist part of it like what has already been done in your case. It's just sad.

[04.02.2016 18:51:12] Osama.Abdulrashid: I don't understand. I don't speak language.
[04.02.2016 18:52:43] Osama.Abdulrashid: What, you attack?
[04.02.2016 18:52:48] Osama.Abdulrashid: YALALALALALALALA! ALLAHU ACKBAR!
[04.02.2016 18:55:27] Osama.Abdulrashid: ALLAHU ACKBAR!

I, as an example, feel very offended if a muslim/arab character is RPed on this level of stupidity.
(02-12-2016, 05:52 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. Terrible idea indeed. There are plenty of people fighting for ISIS called Yusuf. You would offend a lot of people.

Yusuf Reis was a real life corsair in service of Ottoman Empire. My character's name was to be Pargali Mustafa Turgul.

Edit:
[sarcasm] Let's ban that Hellfire yelling "Christ and Allah, Christ and Allah", because I'm insulted as Christian. [/sarcasm]
(02-12-2016, 05:58 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 05:52 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. Terrible idea indeed. There are plenty of people fighting for ISIS called Yusuf. You would offend a lot of people.

Edit:
[sarcasm]
Let's ban that Hellfire yelling "Christ and Allah, Christ and Allah", because I'm insulted as Christian.
[/sarcasm]

If that's what the whole RP is about, then that's quite reasonable?

I'm not saying that a religious extremist character in Disco is wrong, but the way it was utilized was just wrong. Totally.
(02-12-2016, 05:57 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 05:38 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]No. It is a fundamental part of Islam and has nothing to do with terrorism.

Well. I'm inclined to disagree. The usage the phrase has been derived by the whole society into terrorism, while it's not related to it.
I don't see anything wrong with RPing a muslim character, and not directly going to the extremist part of it like what has already been done in your case. It's just sad.

[04.02.2016 18:51:12] Osama.Abdulrashid: I don't understand. I don't speak language.

I, as an example, feel very offended if a muslim/arab character is RPed on this level of stupidity.

Uhm... the phrase was actually used first in 624 AD as a battle cry. Just because a few people (few, compared to the whole islam) uses it, it doesn't mean that I'm roleplaying a terrorist. It's like saying all arabs are terrorist, you should then be offended at the flag of Iraq as well (this very phrase is on it).

Or maybe people shouldn't do reports right after they got on the wrong side of the blue
(02-12-2016, 05:57 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 05:26 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]I am very disappointed (if not outright upset) at the way the administrastion team ordered me and my brother-in-arms to change our ships, the ethnicity of our characters and roleplay just because we represented a minority that certain people hate due to a very small percentage of them are involved in terrorism. We were breaking no rules.

I always supported the fair representation of minorities and ethnicities instead of the homogeneous nation state approach, which is what everyone who lives in the Western world should be doing in my opinion.

I believe in equal opportunity and equal representation of ethnicity, religion and gender, I am disappointed to see that the stance of (some of) the community and (some of?) the administration team is the opposite and are willing to sacrifice fair treatment for the sake of a few whiners. If people can play catgirls (which I don't mind), I don't see why people can't play arab characters.

I also believe that the administration team is supposed to set the rules and keep to them instead of using individual opinion to impose sanctions while referring to non-written rules. Rules are not meant to be flexible and open to interpretation, sanctioning for non-existing rules is even worse than that.

As a returning player, I find that such issues hinder the gameplay much more severely than anything else. A roleplay server is supposed to be creative, open and colorful instead of homogeneous, boring and full of clichés and the administration team should be doing their part to support such an environment instead of destroying it.

You can play arab based players all the way you want and people will not have an issue with it. It becomes an issue as soon as you use this kind of roleplay to bring real life politics and references onto the server. These references include but are not limited to certain refugee issues, to global terrorism and to general religion/heritage based stereotypes of the aforementioned. But apparently thats our fault for interpreting your completely innocent roleplay completely wrong, because we like to abuse our powers, right?

With that logic, you should remove Rheinland altogether because people base their characters on stereotypes from movie nazis.

I am not a muslim, so I can't 100% accurately represent a muslim character but this is exactly why we were willing to listen to community feedback and improve as time passed. We weren't even given a chance in doing so.

You should despite that, accept that Discovery is in fact, a game of stereotypes.

Quote:Well. I'm inclined to disagree. The usage the phrase has been derived by the whole society into terrorism, while it's not related to it.

I am offended by your name saying "radical". I fought with radical rightists many times in my life, each time in self defense. I still don't spill my life tragedy on you.

Also, nazis used the phrase "FEUER" when shooting at innocent jewish people, yet people use the phrase to this date. Allahu ackbar will survive the stupid terrorists using the phrase.

Quote:If that's what the whole RP is about, then that's quite reasonable?

Yeah, sure. That's because you took out four lines from a hundred lines of RP we conducted. So it wasn't at all what our RP was about.
(02-12-2016, 06:14 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 05:57 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 05:26 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]I am very disappointed (if not outright upset) at the way the administrastion team ordered me and my brother-in-arms to change our ships, the ethnicity of our characters and roleplay just because we represented a minority that certain people hate due to a very small percentage of them are involved in terrorism. We were breaking no rules.

I always supported the fair representation of minorities and ethnicities instead of the homogeneous nation state approach, which is what everyone who lives in the Western world should be doing in my opinion.

I believe in equal opportunity and equal representation of ethnicity, religion and gender, I am disappointed to see that the stance of (some of) the community and (some of?) the administration team is the opposite and are willing to sacrifice fair treatment for the sake of a few whiners. If people can play catgirls (which I don't mind), I don't see why people can't play arab characters.

I also believe that the administration team is supposed to set the rules and keep to them instead of using individual opinion to impose sanctions while referring to non-written rules. Rules are not meant to be flexible and open to interpretation, sanctioning for non-existing rules is even worse than that.

As a returning player, I find that such issues hinder the gameplay much more severely than anything else. A roleplay server is supposed to be creative, open and colorful instead of homogeneous, boring and full of clichés and the administration team should be doing their part to support such an environment instead of destroying it.

You can play arab based players all the way you want and people will not have an issue with it. It becomes an issue as soon as you use this kind of roleplay to bring real life politics and references onto the server. These references include but are not limited to certain refugee issues, to global terrorism and to general religion/heritage based stereotypes of the aforementioned. But apparently thats our fault for interpreting your completely innocent roleplay completely wrong, because we like to abuse our powers, right?

With that logic, you should remove Rheinland altogether because people base their characters on stereotypes from movie nazis.

I am not a muslim, so I can't 100% accurately represent a muslim character but this is exactly why we were willing to listen to community feedback and improve as time passed. We weren't even given a chance in doing so.

You should despite that, accept that Discovery is in fact, a game of stereotypes.

Im not a fan of posting chatlogs in the public, but your whole 'Im innocent and not doing anyting wrong' approach starts to annoy me quite a bit.

Line 6218: 01/02/2016 20:35:35 Jaffar.Abdul.bin.Salam->LI06: sorry I'm a refugee

Line 9568: 02/02/2016 20:16:15 Osama.Abdulrashid->BW71: *points at the blue thing with his finger and yells* ALLAHU ACKBAR!
Line 9580: 02/02/2016 20:16:35 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: ALLAHU ACKBAR!

Line 9797: 04/02/2016 18:38:11 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST08: I ain't have idea how I get here, I'm a honest merchant
Line 9802: 04/02/2016 18:38:24 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST08: Want to buy a mobilephone?

Line 9993: 04/02/2016 18:45:28 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST07: I'm very really sorry, I can't read very well, hehe.

Line 10268: 04/02/2016 18:56:34 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: YALALALALALALALA! ALLAHU ACKBAR!
Line 10339: 04/02/2016 18:59:09 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: /s ALLAHU ACKBAR!
Line 10393: 04/02/2016 19:01:25 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Jihad

Line 10576: 04/02/2016 19:08:41 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: I told him there were men called Osama in Rheinland since the ancient times
Line 10588: 04/02/2016 19:09:00 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Even before the sleeper ships launched
Line 10614: 04/02/2016 19:10:07 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Never heard of such thing "holocaust"

Line 10727: 04/02/2016 19:14:08 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Probably beheaded who knows

Line 11068: 04/02/2016 19:25:50 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Allahu ackbar!

Line 5140: 11/02/2016 19:16:52 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Jaffar, jihad that vessel. We'll interogate the captain personally.

This is what I found from just looking over the logs, if I would dig deeper I'd likely find much more, or did I just take the problematic lines of the hundreds of perfectly fine RP lines as well?

(02-12-2016, 06:14 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Well. I'm inclined to disagree. The usage the phrase has been derived by the whole society into terrorism, while it's not related to it.

I am offended by your name saying "radical". I fought with radical rightists many times in my life, each time in self defense. I still don't spill my life tragedy on you.

Also, nazis used the phrase "FEUER" when shooting at innocent jewish people, yet people use the phrase to this date. Allahu ackbar will survive the stupid terrorists using the phrase.

Quote:If that's what the whole RP is about, then that's quite reasonable?

Yeah, sure. That's because you took out four lines from a hundred lines of RP we conducted. So it wasn't at all what our RP was about.

Because apparently the RP above is much better and completely unproblematic?

Im not sure if you think that we are exceptionally stupid to not see the intention behind these characters and the 'roleplay' you attempt to do with them, or if you are really that much of an intelligence-challenged kind of person to believe what you post here.
You have been warned to stop after your funny report a week ago, you went on. You have been warned again and you just dont get where the issue is, while trying to play the 'Im being treated unfairly, even though Im a really nice guy' card.
Considering that this kind of behaviour can be considered as law violating in some countries, you can expect the consequences to follow as soon as we discussed them.
(02-12-2016, 06:26 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You have been warned to stop after your funny report a week ago, you went on. You have been warned again and you just dont get where the issue is, while trying to play the 'Im being treated unfairly, even though Im a really nice guy' card.

What exactly we did since the first warning? The lines you posted are all from the time before you warned us except from this:

Line 5140: 11/02/2016 19:16:52 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Jaffar, jihad that vessel. We'll interogate the captain personally.

...where honestly I can't see anything wrong. All we did was interrupting some chit-chat, so unless you think it's sanctionable, we did nothing wrong.
Quote:Line 10614: 04/02/2016 19:10:07 Osama.Abdulrashid->ST04: Never heard of such thing "holocaust"

Not to be rude, but if he would said such a thing in Poland, he could be imprisoned or entirely banned from entrance.
That's a sentence taken out from it's context. It fit with the roleplay we did with other players out there. (we didn't talk about the 20th century for your information)

Edit: Line 9568: 02/02/2016 20:16:15 Osama.Abdulrashid->BW71: *points at the blue thing with his finger and yells* ALLAHU ACKBAR!

Aaaand that's actually happened when nobody but the two of us were in 14k range, so I refuse that to be used for anything.
(02-12-2016, 06:37 PM)Landers Wrote: [ -> ]That's a sentence taken out from it's context. It fit with the roleplay we did with other players out there. (we didn't talk about the 20th century for your information)

Edit: Line 9568: 02/02/2016 20:16:15 Osama.Abdulrashid->BW71: *points at the blue thing with his finger and yells* ALLAHU ACKBAR!

Aaaand that's actually happened when nobody but the two of us were in 14k range, so I refuse that to be used for anything.

After reading the chat logs I'm surprised you weren't given a stiffer punishment. I would be thankful for the break they gave you