Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-12-2016, 09:20 PM)Landers Wrote: [ -> ]Define abusive in the 21st century, where people find everything abusive and get offended at almost anything. (I recommend the last season of South Park) Just watch the internet, certain people see certain crosses and numbers everywhere, religious objects they find offensive etc etc... Seriously, grow up from this "I find everything offensive" state of mind.
Won't somebody please think of the children!?
Over here in aus we are pretty loose, so agreed mate, people need to grow up, i learnt my first swearword when i was 2-3 years old(d***head for anyone wondering) but apparently people that are old enough to figure out how to play this mod or access this forum aren't mature enough to not get offended at everything.

(02-12-2016, 09:35 PM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...simple scenario. You were one of the visitors of Bataclan, seeing a mass got shot down right after someone yelled allahu akbar. Wouldn't you feel a little uncomfy or abused if someone do it here?
Even I'm not related at all to it I feel abused somehow.
This is a terrible mindset, that it is okay to censor people because of past events.

Honestly though, it's a waste of time to bother talking about this, people that believe in things, whatever they may be, are impossible to convince otherwise with mere words on tehinternetz, it's just how believers are, would take some rainbow over an offensive billboard to get them to change their minds.

There is no combination of pixels that any of us could place in this thread that would get the admins to stop the literal actual madness that this attempt to shield peoples carebear feelings is.
(02-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 09:20 PM)Landers Wrote: [ -> ]Define abusive in the 21st century, where people find everything abusive and get offended at almost anything. (I recommend the last season of South Park) Just watch the internet, certain people see certain crosses and numbers everywhere, religious objects they find offensive etc etc... Seriously, grow up from this "I find everything offensive" state of mind.
Over here in aus we are pretty loose, so agreed mate, people need to grow up, i learnt my first swearword when i was 2-3 years old(d***head for anyone wondering) but apparently people that are old enough to figure out how to play this mod or access this forum aren't mature enough to not get offended at everything.

(02-12-2016, 09:35 PM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...simple scenario. You were one of the visitors of Bataclan, seeing a mass got shot down right after someone yelled allahu akbar. Wouldn't you feel a little uncomfy or abused if someone do it here?
This is a terrible mindset, that it is okay to censor people because of past events.

Honestly though, it's a waste of time to bother talking about this, people that believe in things, whatever they may be, are impossible to convince otherwise with mere words on tehinternetz, it's just how believers are, would take some rainbow over an offensive billboard to get them to change their minds.

There is no combination of pixels that any of us could place in this thread that would get the admins to stop the literal actual madness that this attempt to shield peoples carebear feelings is.

I'm wondering if you read the entire chat log posted earlier in the thread. The two people who were sanctioned talked about Jihad and claimed that the Holocaust was a lie. That has no place in our community
(02-12-2016, 10:15 PM)Parvizal Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm wondering if you read the entire chat log posted earlier in the thread. The two people who were sanctioned talked about Jihad and claimed that the Holocaust was a lie. That has no place in our community

So you really are unable to understand that the line in question was taken out of it's context and failed to read the whole conversation (read above, few posts above) and we weren't talking about spreading any religion by force anywhere but to enhance our roleplay by unconventional elements. So it's too much for you, your brain capitulates, can't take it anymore, gives up, sends s.o.s. signals, shutdowns.
I'd like to inform you both that "Jihad" is a term meaning defence of (Muslim) faith. In modern times, it gained a pejorative connected to such entities like IS or Al-Queida.

Moreover, denying Holocaust is a bad thing. You are lucky that server was moved to France and French laws apply, because if it was in Germany - you could even end up pernamently banned. Not sure if this is how German laws work, given how strict they are about war crimes.
(02-12-2016, 10:22 PM)Landers Wrote: [ -> ]So you really are unable to understand that the line in question was taken out of it's context and failed to read the whole conversation (read above, few posts above) and we weren't talking about spreading any religion by force anywhere but to enhance our roleplay by unconventional elements. So it's too much for you, your brain capitulates, can't take it anymore, gives up, sends s.o.s. signals, shutdowns.

I read the entire conversation. You were out of line. You were punished. Now you try to argue against it on the forums.

In my opinion the Admins gave you a break
Ok folks, time to cool down for a bit, putting this under lock for a few hours until everyone has had a chance to chill out, grab some coffee and perhaps see a film. - The Moderation Team
Thread Unlocked. Remember to keep civil and chill folks! - The Moderation Team
[Image: giphy.gif]

Does the admin team have an official stance on forum user titles?
I just wanted to thank the admins who are behind the NPC events in Kusari, they're a lot of fun and I can't wait for more

Though there was some issues with the last one, the factions don't recognize it IRP since the Exiles and Dragons said they wouldn't work together.

But either way, they're awesome (y)
(02-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]This is a terrible mindset, that it is okay to censor people because of past events.

Tell that to people outlawing any non-permitted use of swastika. I mean, it must definitely be a terrible mindset that it is okay to censor people using that because of the events in ww2, after all it's originally a religious symbol of Hinduism and Buddhism, isn't it?