Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-13-2016, 10:24 AM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello yes I am the one that said the "Muslim Holocaust" happened in 2089(Or whatever it was) because when I first encountered these people I thought they were trolling hard considering their roleplay. So I just kinda "countered" their Roleplay with some nonsense I made up.

Please no offend thank you.

No offense taken at all, I was just trying to point the light on how can we hurt each others by being ignorant, throwing pointy arrows at others without feeling
Thank you for your reply and I believe this game have it's own story line, so we shouldn't mix it with our real life .... it's good to find a virtual one for shelter sometimes and yet discovery server is a one of greatest virtual gaming servers, so lets keep it as it is, unless we can enhance it to better, then go for it Smile

regards,
Malmsteen
Well, the problem with Discovery and Freelancer is it will have some real-life elements, just because it is stigmated by on how Houses and factions were shaped. As I mentioned before in several posts before, both vanillia and Discovery's Sirius bear a lot of similarities, which are obvious for the people who have certain degree of historical and political
knowledge.

Also, we should take into account on how cliche certain (vanillia) factions are and real life similarities are very uncanny. I am not sure if certain factions and events were not supposed to be form of satire made by Digital Anvil.

EDIT:
To keep entire thing clear, why not to create new Thread, move posts into there and discuss whole thing, given no drama would be made?
or better yet, take all of this to skype
Or better yet - to /pol/
If Ghost thinks it's offensive I'd say it's fair game to consider that RP not cool.

(02-10-2016, 08:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]"Core: Omega restart: Denied. System design decisions were not deemed a determining factor in the creation of a second restart point for the same faction. See with devs for connection adjustments instead"

What does this even mean? The post that explained restart perks outlined that one of the reasons why the perk would be beneficial to factions is because of system design issues and a factions lack of ability to access all do it's ZoI. In that case, isn't this a bit contradictory? Arguably I'm not even requesting a perk or bonus per se, but a bandage to place over a currently exposed wound in my factions composition. Other factions have multiple restarts to ease character creation and fully reach their ZoI, I don't understand why the same cannot be done here.

Looking over to the devs to fix this would be a far more time consuming and low prioity job in their work flow. I did ask about getting a O-41 connection in Rho to fix the problem but, as you can imagine, I was told "not now". And given that the Omicron update changes from having a set date for release to TBC every ten seconds, I'm not faithful a fix would come promptly. There are plans for a Core omega base to also remedy the issue, but for that I need to do roleplay which will also be time consuming when it I urgent that we get easy access to the Omegas (or if the devs would be kind enough they could do what they did for HF and sneakily place a base without need for RP Wink ).

Although the request becomes somewhat moot since I submitted it for the restarts overhaul as well, but I guess I can conclude that it means that will be turned down too?

Re-quoting this because I don't want it to get lost in Allah Ackbar.
If you want to dispute a decision, contact us through PM and we will happily talk to you about it.
A feedback thread isn't the proper place to do it.
King Boo, I put it here because I didn't know who to contact regarding the issue so the whole admin team can see it and voice their (public) opinion - I know you guys debate behind closed doors and I wanted my opinion and reasons to be heard. I talked to you and two other admins about this but we couldn't come to a compromise which didn't harm our interest (yet, once again: we complied with what you ordered us to do and will continue to do so).

As to everyone accusing us of holocaust denial, because Jansen posted chat logs taken out of context, I will once again put the whole conversation here:

[04.02.2016 19:09:38] Markus,Prescott: History says that in 2089, all muslim and arabic presence was eradicated from Europe, this incident was called-
[04.02.2016 19:09:39] Jaffar.Abdul.bin.Salam: Didn't really require any management, actually.
[04.02.2016 19:09:42] Markus,Prescott: "The Muslim Holocaust"
[04.02.2016 19:09:49] Jaffar.Abdul.bin.Salam: Huh?
[04.02.2016 19:09:54] Markus,Prescott: And then history continued on.
[04.02.2016 19:09:56] Jaffar.Abdul.bin.Salam: Your history is wrong, dude.
[04.02.2016 19:09:59] Osama.Abdulrashid: Never heard of such thing "holocaust"

Osama was referring to never hearing about the "Muslim Holocaust" which the other player said, not the actual holocaust done by Hitler. Please do your research before accusing us of something as serious as that.

As said before:

Quote:That's a sentence taken out from it's context. It fit with the roleplay we did with other players out there. (we didn't talk about the 20th century for your information)
The whole thing is stupid.

Sturmwind is being stupid and refuses to accept he is being stupid, but a month ban? That is extreme. Delete the offending characters and fine the people being stupid, but there is really no need to ban them for an entire month. You should reconsider.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1743426
(02-14-2016, 04:16 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]That is extreme.
I dont think so.
I think this kind of thing should be avoided and even if this is a 'extreme' incident, it can still be served as an example.
For something that is just mild trolling, I do believe a month is too much as well.