Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-10-2016, 07:32 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2016, 07:27 AM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]That was just what I proposed, doesn't mean it was included. From this discussion, which led to the vote, to Garrett's announcement, I believe it was all or nothing.

I know Drrobe. I was asking if it evolved from that.

I just wanted to know if infact it was character banning alltogether at this point, as Garrett's post is a bit...unclear. Putting furries in the same boat as ponies, of which the latter was spammed literally everywhere, is...not confusing.

Yes I know we did discuss this on Skype but I just want a final say, as it specifies IMAGES and not characters, per say.

I apologize myself about what I've said than, consister this situation solved on my end with the help from those on the teamspeak
This decision forces players to act as if their characters were different than they are - I'm not speaking about it in inRP manner which I did for some time, but in a completely ooRP manner. Moreover, putting furries and ponies into same bag and treating the former as act of trolling, which is not, is heavily disgraceful and insulting.

This is my final opinion on that.
(04-10-2016, 07:20 AM)Order Overwatch Wrote: [ -> ]Okay Drrobe, seeing this, I would like clarification:

So Furry IMAGES are banned? Or are furry CHARACTERS are banned?

I'd like to know now, as your proposed announcement is a more fleshed out version of Garrett's that clarifies a LOT of things.

What you see in Finn's quote is from the discussion thread last week. Discussions like this usually also include a "announcement draft" from early on, which we apply clean-ups and tweaks to as the discussion/vote goes on (which, funny as it may seem, also means more often than not the admin posting the announcement isn't actually the one who wrote most of it). Also, just for the record: First draft of the announcement was centered around a more "be nice and just ignore furries, no need to make a fuss" approach, then as the discussion went on the "no more furry pics" part mentioned in Finn's quote was added, but over the next week which led to the admin vote, the staff had time to discuss this some more and also go through some of the "furry RP" posted on forums, which led to the final "no sugar-coating of no more furries" approach to the announced change.

So just for the sake of having a one-line clarification: No, the decision to only ban furry images was one of the options discussed early on, and is not what was decided in the end. As you can see in the actual announcement, the final decision applies to furry characters altogether.
(04-10-2016, 07:25 AM)The Savage Wrote: [ -> ]I said it many times. Without avail, but I will say it again. This is not matter of removing ears, a mere few words, edition of several paragraphs. This is a pretty serious intervention into characters with tonnes of roleplay done, invalidating long hours spent on thinking our things and even more hours spent on roleplaying. Changes so fundamental it would require creation of characters from very basis, completely anew - because retconned characters will not be the same characters initially created.

This is waste of time not only of the player which created the characters, but also waste of time of other players involved into creation, brainstorming and actual roleplaying. Igiss once said that "it's a game and nothing is gained, or lost, save the experience. "

What we gained is bitter taste of disappointment. What we lost is time and effort put into characters.
What I fail to see is how your character's personality, his origin, his "scientific experimentations/consciousness" dissolves when you're in a community that never had many Furries in it nor tailored to them. You say you can't change some words around cause it screws up the backstory. Yet my question is why does the backstory HAVE to be about getting ears and a tail and a canine face. You can still keep the relevant bits about your character, still been experimented on, but still a homosapian.

As mentioned previously, this mod is one of the best in terms of following vanilla Freelancer lore, albeit we've continued on that lore and advanced it. No where has there ever been Furries. I have nothing against them, but this isn't the setting for them. Hell you even have people who identify as Furries here who agree that they don't belong here. I honestly don't see how, if you have such a rich and deep RP, that you can't come up with a way to retain that RP, personality, traits, etc by making them human instead of an animal.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/292306.php

More plausible than furry. Same thing although in more believable scenario if you need consience transfered and need to depend on drugs to keep alive.
I think that removing furries is best decision of admin team since the beginning of a year.
But I'll reserve right to change my opinion till I see results of rules and IDs rewrite.
Because transparency is a cool thing, here is another part of the discussion in the very hidden parts of the forums. This might also show that Admins arent the mean clique who simply agree on things to destroy your lifes, there is usually a rather lengthy dicussion with different viewpoints that end up with some sort of consensus.

(04-03-2016, 04:57 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Furries have been around for way too long to go and forbid them. I dont really get why people freak out about this either, except for a wierd picture in Comm threads or Stories there is usually not even the slightest difference between 'normal' characters and them.

If we forbid people to play them, or edit out their pictures afterwards, we sould as well forbid underage cap ship captains and anime pictures, I always found them to be about as bad when it comes to immersion breaking. Though in general Im not in favor of telling people what they can RP and what not as long as it makes some kind of sense and isnt completely made up without any effort (ghost ships for example).

The fact that we have to write up a post telling people, that they can just ignore Furries if they think that they are bad for their mental health and shouldnt treat them like complete idiots really makes me question this communities sanity.
That people pick on Toris is not necessarily related to him playing furries, the guy just has a real talent at annoying people.
Wow... Who knew that this community was so funny since I last was here about 3 years ago maybe 4... Who cares I lost count. Anyways that's besides the point. The real point is that I keep in touch with many friends through Skype, Discord, TS, Raidcall, and well a loads more and I over heard this and thought "Heh heh heh what a better way to make people look stupid than to correct them on these issues that I could totally not give a crap about since this is a game... That's right, a game."

The definition of furry is covered in fur... Just type in furry definition on google search. -.-

Now type in nekomimi, okamimimi, kitsumimi and tell me what you see. If you say furry, you need a bullet to the brain since your stupid and cant tell the difference thus meaning you think humans are furries without ears and a tail -.-
If you say, they only have a tail and ears on the top of their head but are 99% human otherwise than your smarter than the average human being online.

I dont care about this game but I thought, hey why not kick the hornets nest a little and then run like hell when they try to find and sting me Big Grin
Gets the blood and adrenaline pumping IRL but not recommended. I did it once and well... a few stings and major cussing later they died a horrible stomping death. Any who I'm getting off point again .__.

For video game admins to do stupid stunts like this is why there are such phrases as admin abuse / power abuse.
If the game was no furries allowed then that would of been posted at the very making of the Disco community and it twas not so furries are 100% allowed as long as it falls in with the RP rules. So despite a great many more things, I do know for fact the admins here are a joke and refuse to listen to some kind of reason from what I have read and heard. Honestly if I was a head admin then you admins would be getting the almighty Thor ban hammer down on yah and no that is 5 times worse than the original ban hammer due to me making my own version along with my violent nature, short temper, military views, facist and communistic ideals, right wing minded, and over all a decently lazy person who doesn't care but will just hop on in for the ride to make some craps and giggles.

I am smarter than you admins. Fact stands since you cant even tell the difference between Furries and NOT Furries (nekomimi etc), Whole worthy RP against not so worthy RP, The value of years in a game and being a vet of said game to your views of who cares they did this, The insatiable laziness of many admins dating back years when the admin team was rarely on (I was here when Ktayn, Brad, SummerMcLoving, and few others were on but only like once a week to do admin duties), I can list more but really as said I don't care, I'll put just enough to prove the point.

Now for hose of you bigots who don't know... you can follow this chart as a way to understand the gaming world most people are oblivious to.

I hope that settles this whole fiasco to a degree and if this heats it up more and some one wants to talk, ask, chat, and or poke me don't bother since I just thought it would be fun to post the flaws of admins as I like doing on many games and don't get me started on wargaming and their games admin teams, whoooooo weeee, I had FUN with them and the community against em. XD

OH OH OH and quick edit, BAN ME PLEASE if you want Big Grin I'll just laugh and say my work was accomplished.
Go on, this is interesting.