Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-10-2016, 10:14 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Go on, this is interesting.

Totes...
In the fairness of transparency, here was my take on the situation and my vote.

Discussion
Quote:Firstly, I have no problem with Furries being in the Game (never been one, never will be one and I don't seen the fascination with them along with the cartoon characters). It is possibly that I have seen, over the years, lots of Sci-Fi films with them in or I am just more tolerant.

I do dislike that some Community Members have been harassing some of these Players, over this subject.

We, as the Staff, have generally turned a blind eye to the different forms of harassment that goes on within this Game. For instance, certain PvPers will 'pick on' certain Groups, kill them at every opportunity (because they can inRP) and when the Groups respond with bigger Ships and superior numbers, get complained at, about Ganks etc. When a Group 'Gank' the PvPers and still lose, then the question is, who actually Ganked who? Also to see the PvPers response of 'Get Gud' is just throwing sodium chloride (damn word filter) in to the wound.

Are we doing this to appease a small, vocal Group within our Community (the same Group that are vocal about most things)?

I have no problem with Conrad's suggestion, but I am uncomfortable with Drrobe's amendment. This could cause us some problems as what is next, cartoon characters?

Vote
Quote:[Y] St.Denis: I made my comments in the original Thread. If we do go down the road of not allowing them, do we then get rid of Cartoon Characters etc. Where does it end? If we want purely 'Canon' then get rid of everything that isn't. The outcry would be massive. We are treading a dangerous path here.
As one of the premier furrys, as i beleive i was here before Bret, i have Rped the same character through the entirety of my time in disco, my T bars have changed but the concept has always been the same, when i joined Disco i was still very much a Starfox fanboy (still am) which was the basis of the entire thing. Ive enjoyed Rping as my Furry character and have had interesting Rps because of it, being called out for being an alien for example. If you wish to keep as close to freelancer lore as possible then you best start using your nitpick comb through ALOT of the rps found. Pretty sure Freelancer didnt have any Klingons in its Universe.

If you intend to enforce this close to freelancer lore thing then i sure hope we are ganna see some more announcements of things we dont see in freelancer being told no.

Also i would expect the server rules to be changed in reflection to this new freelancer lore stipulation. As the current ones dont make mention that you can only Rp as things found within the establishd Freelancer Universe. Pretty sure that should be added along with the other Rp rules.

I read through the announcment of this "ban furries movement" and i have no idea as to the why, i understand from reading the feedback page its not freelancer lore but other then that, what actual issue is there with it? is it detrimential to the server some how? has something happened that causes the server to crash when a furry logs on? And those who basically said "here here" to the decision are likly people who just dont like furrys in general. Ya theres liikly been very rubbish Furry rp's as you say the whole "LSF experiment gone wrong" is just a cop out but im pretty sure there are tons and tons of rps that are just as rubbish by those who rp as people. God i cannot tell you the amount of Zoner rp thats been bland, backwards or just downright stupid.

Id rather the admin team have just left it alone unless there were masses of complaints that i never saw about it. BUt if you are going to enforce it, be sure to share the ban hammer on other non-freelancer elements or this is just being discriminate against furry folk.
(04-10-2016, 10:32 AM)Aazalot Wrote: [ -> ]As one of the premier furrys, as i beleive i was here before Bret, i have Rped the same character through the entirety of my time in disco, my T bars have changed but the concept has always been the same, when i joined Disco i was still very much a Starfox fanboy (still am) which was the basis of the entire thing. Ive enjoyed Rping as my Furry character and have had interesting Rps because of it, being called out for being an alien for example. If you wish to keep as close to freelancer lore as possible then you best start using your nitpick comb through ALOT of the rps found. Pretty sure Freelancer didnt have any Klingons in its Universe.

If you intend to enforce this close to freelancer lore thing then i sure hope we are ganna see some more announcements of things we dont see in freelancer being told no.

Also i would expect the server rules to be changed in reflection to this new freelancer lore stipulation. As the current ones dont make mention that you can only Rp as things found within the establishd Freelancer Universe. Pretty sure that should be added along with the other Rp rules.

I read through the announcment of this "ban furries movement" and i have no idea as to the why, i understand from reading the feedback page its not freelancer lore but other then that, what actual issue is there with it? is it detrimential to the server some how? has something happened that causes the server to crash when a furry logs on? And those who basically said "here here" to the decision are likly people who just dont like furrys in general. Ya theres liikly been very rubbish Furry rp's as you say the whole "LSF experiment gone wrong" is just a cop out but im pretty sure there are tons and tons of rps that are just as rubbish by those who rp as people. God i cannot tell you the amount of Zoner rp thats been bland, backwards or just downright stupid.

Id rather the admin team have just left it alone unless there were masses of complaints that i never saw about it. BUt if you are going to enforce it, be sure to share the ban hammer on other non-freelancer elements or this is just being discriminate against furry folk.

People are Idiots is why. I may be part Nazi part Communist but I treat everyone equal and with respect as long as they give it back. I don't care what anyone believes in or worships (besides them colander freaks and a flying spaghetti monster god), for example I do not like black people but will treat them with respect if they do the same and I keep my opinions to my self until its needed. If your a furry fan big whoop, I don't care, do what you want but in my honest opinion nothing will change unless you lot fight back. Human nature is war and fighting and its in out blood no matter what, some one disses you cause of furry stuff then get back at em with a group 10 times his size lol. Well that's what I would do anyways... And about the masses of complaints, it only takes one long one to ruin the fun, trust me. Running a few guild and clans I know loads of BS when I see it but it gets to annoying and admins don't wanna deal with more drama than whats tolerable and just accept whatever complaint it is but it bites them in the ass in the end run and they end up rekt cause of it. I really don;'t care bout the whole thing since I'll never play but when people say mimi's are furries it gets annoying and since I like chicks in anime and stuff like Inubashiri Momiji and they say fur fa* then yeh I'll fight... I don't lay down and take crap and neither should you m8.
(04-10-2016, 10:04 AM)Fluffy Tails Wrote: [ -> ]The definition of furry is covered in fur... Just type in furry definition on google search. -.-

Now type in nekomimi, okamimimi, kitsumimi and tell me what you see. If you say furry, you need a bullet to the brain since your stupid and cant tell the difference thus meaning you think humans are furries without ears and a tail -.-
If you say, they only have a tail and ears on the top of their head but are 99% human otherwise than your smarter than the average human being online.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/The_AB_Project_Family

Six out of seven are furries.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=136954

Furry.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=137579

Furry.

There are more furries than semi-furries, or whatever the accurate scientific term for it.
So, you get to a world where absolutely no reference was made to anything furry/pony/anime related, want to accepted as one who doesn't fit in the original theme and now calling those who wish to stay at the common sense and basic lore nazis and communists, getting mad about those who have the housekeepers rights for making a decision with argumentations and try to get others to "revolt" against that decision? Calling the community idiots, but want still things to be changed?
(04-10-2016, 11:01 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]So, you get to a world where absolutely no reference was made to anything furry/pony/anime related, want to accepted as one who doesn't fit in the original theme and now calling those who wish to stay at the common sense and basic lore nazis and communists, getting mad about those who have the housekeepers rights for making a decision with argumentations and try to get others to "revolt" against that decision? Calling the community idiots, but want still things to be changed?

the only thing will change is a ban for his alt and his main

they can still RP their characters without the need to look the way they look,take a closer look if you think there's a difference between furrys and ponies:

(04-10-2016, 11:01 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]So, you get to a world where absolutely no reference was made to anything furry/pony/anime related, want to accepted as one who doesn't fit in the original theme and now calling those who wish to stay at the common sense and basic lore nazis and communists, getting mad about those who have the housekeepers rights for making a decision with argumentations and try to get others to "revolt" against that decision? Calling the community idiots, but want still things to be changed?

Who called some one a Nazi or Communist? If so point me in that direction since they are not even close to understanding what Nazism and Communism stand for and or when to be used. Just cause someone is oppressing some group of people, said people gotta pull Godwins law and the Hitler card which is stupid. If the Admins are Hitler then NONE of you peeps would be here on disco xD

This so called Disco world is based of of humanity moving from sol system. Now in all regards Anime would follow us humans around since its part of our culture now whether some one likes it or not and in thus meaning Anime in disco = perfect logic. Well to a degree that is as to not go so far. The people who say they don't fit in most of the time are Furries and its more so cause of the Furry community has made many questionable choices across a vast range on which people generalize them into a stereotype which derives from facts. Sorry to say but its true, stereotypes are based on facts. The community is filled with idiots... Then again that's Humanity for you, just some take it further to be oblivious. Personally I do not see furries in disco being any near possible. But Nekomimis and so on sure and that's for the simple reason that revolves around the lore of disco. If a human wanted a cat tail on em today IRL we probably could but there will be side effects and possibly death due to disease and or the fact that your DNA will fight with said foreign object attached to your body thus screwing you up. Really the whole furry thing is all just a bunch of theoretic stuff and not possible anytime soon and given the lore of disco then its impossible but the tail and ears only can actually be fine due to the nature of us humans today trying to find ways to enhance our selves IRL. But hey RP is all fiction and not real anyways -.-

Things to be changed is up to whether this community decides to grow up and sit down and fix things like any grown man would after a war thus meaning peace talks or the admins over rule everyone and say to bad and then boom its final and your shit out of luck.

So does that Q and A help or not?
I don't know who you are , but please - cease that. You are not helping - you are doing way the opposite. And if even I had to facepalm pretty hard, the thing is truly silly. Thank you.
Even though I am not a fan of auto-restriction of creativity. I have mixed feelings about this. Regarding the fact that nearly any other RP game has a "fixed-tree" to create your character ingame, we need to have something similar. I suggest the admin team to do a googledoc-form for setting up characters. Regarding, that nearly any RP game has a proper char creation template ingame.
FL is forced to extend to other sources, but as the forum is directly connected to ingame, I think a creating a template on google might work as well.
Races, factions and such can be predefined. If the "player" can't create his char based on this or is more exotic, he could simply use the SRP forum.

I have created a basic example of this.
http://goo.gl/forms/v0CtAeTu3O

Basically forcing such exotic stuff to SRP will prevent harassing and that.