Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What...?
Well, sorry for my ignorance. I saw that rule beforehand, everyone. And besides, Tikram's character, from how I see it, doesn't fall under the Furry context, but under Androids/AI context. But, that is how I see it, as I said. The rest, just say "ears+paws+tail=furry ERADICATE THEM"-I don't mean they are all like that, but most are like that.
The character aforementioned looks like a furry, but just that. Otherwise, it acts and works like an AI.
Also, I was told from Toris himself on Skype these things:
1 - He was asked to adapt his character to the rules, and he did.
Result? Permabanned.

2 - He was told he knew what he was doing, that he used a rule loophole, and wanted to express his furry RP through that.
True, you considered him a Furry AI, and as such, he had to be sanctioned. But, for me, AI comes before all thus. This means it wouldn't be furry fandom related, but just a exoskeleton (shaped like a furry person, what is wrong with that?!?) containing a silicon memory chip pushed in it, the latter containing the memories of a wounded Kusarian. The bio is damn solid.

Two more points:

1- No one said AI exoskeletons must have a specific shape. So, I could choose to make a humanoid horse-shaped exoskeleton and push a memory chip inside its head. I designed the exoskeleton because I like it. You don't? I don't care if you like it or not. I like it, and that is enough.
2- Toris wasn't even given the time to say WHY Tikram's body was shaped like this. I will tell you as he told me:
Toris's Chat from Skype Wrote:The quite exotic mainframe exoskeleton was designed on an odd request for a client from Planet New Tokyo. The client was a rich businessman, bored with the casual look of the standard bodyguard exoskeletons. He requested it to look 'savage' and 'taunting'-hence the animal-like additions instead of the conventional silouhette used my major manufacturers. The deal hasn't reached its end, as said businessman was found guilty for a serious money defraudation-leaving the mainframe without a software to be installed within. Seeing no other use for said unused mainframe exoskeleton, the chip containing the wounded Kusarian's consciousness (the latter's body found severely injured and battered in Sigma-13) was implanted inside it as a result.
I say it is quite the solid reason behind that.
Now, I'd think it cannot be said anymore that Tikram was a furry.
Small addon: the aforementioned character has no skin/fur/hair, thus it is clearly seen it is made from cold metal, plastics and similar materials.
Am I correct or not?
~SirDoge
Admin feedback thread !!!
(04-10-2016, 09:59 PM)SirDoge Wrote: [ -> ]
Toris's Chat from Skype Wrote:The quite exotic mainframe exoskeleton was designed on an odd request for a client from Planet New Tokyo. The client was a rich businessman, bored with the casual look of the standard bodyguard exoskeletons. He requested it to look 'savage' and 'taunting'-hence the animal-like additions instead of the conventional silouhette used my major manufacturers. The deal hasn't reached its end, as said businessman was found guilty for a serious money defraudation-leaving the mainframe without a software to be installed within. Seeing no other use for said unused mainframe exoskeleton, the chip containing the wounded Kusarian's consciousness (the latter's body found severely injured and battered in Sigma-13) was implanted inside it as a result.

With no offense to Toris the character picture who chose was far from savage and taunting. It still feels like a projection of the furry fandom. If anything I think this (it's from Wolfenstein, please excuse the Nazi symbol) would be a better example. And it's far from being anywhere near the furry fandom.
(04-10-2016, 10:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]With no offense to Toris the character picture who chose was far from savage and taunting. It still feels like a projection of the furry fandom. If anything I think this (it's from Wolfenstein, please excuse the Nazi symbol) would be a better example. And it's far from being anywhere near the furry fandom.
Might suggest taking a look to the robot dealer ingame, onboard some stations?
Try to see them like Toris designed Tikram. Just that.
Small addon: I forgot to say, that 'thing' from Wolfenstein is actually a bad example (not for nazi symbols, of course, but because bipedal robots occupy less space. And they can pilot ships.)
But the Robot dealers are also far from being savage and intimidating. And they're designed after humanoids anyway.
Lythrilux Wrote:But the Robot dealers are also far from being savage and intimidating. And they're designed after humanoids anyway.
Okay. But that was to point out where Toris's concept came from.
Also remember that Tikram's exoskeleton was made in Kusari. And we all know how Kusarian love sophisticated designs-just look at their ships or weaponry; they are stylish, yet retaining lethality. Also, how would you all have seen the Tikram character if it came from Liberty, or Rheinland? I would think it could be somewhat...crude, yes?
~SirDoge
Kusarians themselves aren't fan of foreign concepts, and animal-like designs are nothing unique. Surely they would prefer to build the robot in their own image, perhaps having some sort of cool robo-samurai look?
Good job recently with the changes to.. everything really. I can already feel the community getting less annoying.
Where shall this discussion lead? It's the same discussion like about genetical engineered human-furry-mutants. Just not with humas but with robots.

This whole thing has no win situation. One side would say "So, what comes next if furrys are forbidden? Anime? Monkey butlers?". The other side would say "So, what comes next if we allow furrys, even after they were forbidden per rule? Ponies? Sonic the Hedgehog? Ren and Stimpy? Monkey butlers?"

There's no way to make both sides happy now, and it will only make more people mad if people still try to argue and insist on allowing furrys again. While on the one side, Toris was clever to avoid breaking the new rule by doing exactly what most people suggested him to do, to make his character a robot/android/whatever you want to call it, it was a unnecessary provocation against the admins who just said "no". That's the difference between "cleverness" and "intelligence".