Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you saying that it's bad that those who speak up tend to get heard? They have something to say about the administration doing X. Okay. Why do they think that? They can speak up, and the community can find fault with their reasons should it choose to do so. It's called being relatively self-regulating.
(04-17-2016, 08:32 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Remember how people once were discussing whether or not the community should be involved in processing sanction threads?
Well, if nothing else, this thread for the last few pages has demonstrated why this is a bad idea.

Might I suggest this thread to be nuked? It has long since lost its actual meaning and probably does not really help in any way anymore, unless the staff really want to see the reaction of the more vocal part of the community in response to every single action the staff takes.

What? And miss out on all this wonderful feedback? What kind of example would we be setting for other feedback thread owners if we closed up shop when things got hot? Besides, I like this thread. It is an endless source of amus...I mean it helps me evaluate problems and find effective solutions. Yeah.
(04-17-2016, 08:56 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2016, 08:32 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Remember how people once were discussing whether or not the community should be involved in processing sanction threads?
Well, if nothing else, this thread for the last few pages has demonstrated why this is a bad idea.

Might I suggest this thread to be nuked? It has long since lost its actual meaning and probably does not really help in any way anymore, unless the staff really want to see the reaction of the more vocal part of the community in response to every single action the staff takes.

What? And miss out on all this wonderful feedback? What kind of example would we be setting for other feedback thread owners if we closed up shop when things got hot? Besides, I like this thread. It is an endless source of amus...I mean it helps me evaluate problems and find effective solutions. Yeah.

cannot tell if sarcasm or serious

after looking at things a few times though from the last things admins have done.... yeah....
I have to admit i'd have done the same. Or similar.

Sooo yeah .... no conspir[A]cy here >.> <.<
Was the recent permaban against Snak3 necessary?

I can understand the use of perma ban for content which is offensive (such as the recent SU incident) and majorly disruptive repetitive gameplay
but is it constructive to ban an active long term member from this dwindling community for the miss use of RP. Could a lengthy suspension been more effective?

I have mixed thoughts and have not been around long enough to know if the recent banning was justified but thought it was worth asking.
(04-17-2016, 12:14 PM)Kdawg1990 Wrote: [ -> ]Was the recent permaban against Snak3 necessary?

I can understand the use of perma ban for content which is offensive (such as the recent SU incident) and majorly disruptive repetitive gameplay
but is it constructive to ban an active long term member from this dwindling community for the miss use of RP. Could a lengthy suspension been more effective?

I have mixed thoughts and have not been around long enough to know if the recent banning was justified but thought it was worth asking.

This isnt the first time Snak3 has been banned. he has quite the track record

Good work to the admins for all the hard work and speedyness. *thumbs up*
(04-17-2016, 12:14 PM)Kdawg1990 Wrote: [ -> ]Was the recent permaban against Snak3 necessary?

It's not because he disrupted gameplay, he did it to the wrong people.
(04-17-2016, 12:53 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]he did it to the wrong people.
I'm starting to notice a pattern here.
Should I guess which people, Jayce?
(The Junker Congress, maybe?)
(04-17-2016, 12:53 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]It's not because he disrupted gameplay, he did it to the wrong people.

I would say the problem is more people like you still going after the Congress, based on years old matters in some cases. If you think one screwup/big drama allows community members to be freely harassed then the problem is more likely you than them.

A lot of people here seem to have serious problems keeping a barrier between RP and OORP, usually with the thing ending in blind hate toward individuals/factions. Snak3's efforts were just that, even if he pretend it was all "RP". You don't go to the extent of faking ingame screenshots and posting a bounty just so you can exploit it yourself with an alt character without having serious grudges driving you.

Please stop with the Congress hate train, it's getting old now.
As someone with a history exactly on this topic I urge to take Alley's advise.

If you take too much hate into things just take a break and play something different even try to meet new players elsewhere.