Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2016, 03:18 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 02:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Pavel, the problem with an admin working in the shadows is the same as with God: one is told he exists and does everything in favor of everyone but when one looks for evidence as some sort of confirmation, one finds none as all we have are beliefs. That's why people ask for more and more transparency, because in the 21st century people are more convinced by actual evidence than by being told to "believe".
(06-27-2016, 02:30 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: [ -> ]The community can only measure activity by in-game time, sanction posting (since normal moderation seems to be at the behest of moderators most of the time) and special requests. It is what it is for good and bad.

In the interest of transparency, the Admin that was named as being 'lazy' was myself.

If you need any evidence that I do things, some of my time involves hours of searching etc, just look at the Player Help Threads. Most, if not all, of my replies in there, are done by editing the Posts provided by the Members.

Maybe I should start posting all the pms that I get asking for help. Maybe I should also post my Skype Chats, just in the interest of transparency.

But if my name requires more Posts, and done in Green, so that I am noticed, I am sure I can oblige.

As for in Game time, it can be found here (assuming it was aimed as being on an Admin Ship):

http://discoverygc.com/forums/serverinte...5BAdmin%5D

If it was meant as a Player, then those that know what Tagged Ships I fly, can look for themselves.

Sorry that I haven't, apparently, risen to some peoples, obviously, high standards.

I will endeavour to try harder in the future.

Mark

You know I've known you for almost five years. I know you're a rather dedicated person when it comes to the community, and people can cry bias all they want. You don't have to be overly vocal for things to get done. While I can understand the desire for transparency within the community, said people need to take a step back and evaluate their approach towards the staff, because this is starting to get ridiculous. You do quite a lot for the community, and just because you're not the face of the mod like people seem to expect the staff to be, doesn't speak for your efforts.

Point is, don't let the whining get to you. If people want to whine, too bad for them. You do this as a volunteer, and if people can't appreciate the monumental amount of effort that (almost) every member of the staff here put into the game and community, then they're obviously not worth the time for you to put effort into it. It's often the same loud minority, as well. Administrators aren't obligated to be transparent or public speakers. They're obligated to do their jobs, and Mark does his very well with a more personal approach than most.

As for the rest of the dissuaded and demotivated staff - Don't expect people to not act like people. This is how they are, and you've got to adapt and work around it. Some of you have my Skype and you obviously know where my inbox is if you want to discuss this further.
St. Denis is a good admin.
(06-27-2016, 05:30 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]St. Denis is a good admin.
Hello, I'm again somewhat confused by something.

In this sanction it says that the ship will be in bastille until they post saying what the rule means. However the newly edited first offence states :

Server Punishments

1st Offense - Ship will be Bastilled until you post in the Appeal Thread. If your Appeal is successful, your Ship will be released. After an unsuccessful Second Appeal it will, automatically, get deleted. If no Appeal is forthcoming, after a month, it will also get deleted.

But this directly contradicts what is written as the standard first punishment. Is this an error in communication because it was posted by a new admin, or an actually intended thing? If it was intended, I'm not really sure what the point of simplifying the punishment system was if it isn't being followed.

On a sidenote, I really hope that the admins intend to put a preview of the ID rewrite up for the community to review before making it live. It could most likely help to solve any possible issues before they become an actual problem, like with certain issues regarding the server rules rewrite.
Quote:Hello, I'm again somewhat confused by something.

In this sanction it says that the ship will be in bastille until they post saying what the rule means. However the newly edited first offence states :

yes,my apologies for that, rule (7) shouldn't been quoted and i was under impression that the target must be made aware of the bounty and their intent of claiming it
that and there was an actual claim report on him

Quote:they post saying what the rule means. However the newly edited first offence states :
(not regarding the sanction)the idea of an appeal is to either present evidence that prove your innocence or if your guilty to understand why you are and to demonstrate us that you do,one way is to just talk about it
(06-27-2016, 07:35 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hello, I'm again somewhat confused by something.

yes,my apologies for that, rule (7) shouldn't been quoted and i was under impression that the target must be made aware of the bounty and their intent of claiming it
that and there was an actual claim report on him

I have nothing against you personally and don't mean to insult you personally, but I'm afraid I must say that if you are to be an admin, you are expected to have a full understanding of the server rules.
Well that was a quick orange
Since the thread King Boo posted earlier was closed I'll post here instead to address the community.

Thank you for the warm welcome back, I genuinely didn't know anyone thought I was an okay admin. That was quite fulfilling and nice to read.

Congratulations to Hannibal. It's a very daunting role to have and it comes with a lot of pressure and responsibility.

On a more personal note/message:

We all try hard to deliver the best for this community in the admin team. We vote and share our thoughts on your ideas and requests, then a single admin will inform the member/community with the decision of the team. It often comes with us being criticised, that's fine because without that we become immortal from the interests of the player base. However, It becomes tricky to deliver change and enforce rules when the majority of feedback is blatant personal attacks. Id love for that to decrease but it won't and this message is not written in an effort to make that happen. It's written to offer a chance for you, a player and member of this community, to step into an admin's shoes for a few moments to try to allow some sort of understanding. So what I'm saying is try to understand the process and reason for a decision before you jump to conclusions.

I tried to make that as clear as possible but it's quite hard to communicate efficiently at 1:07 AM. Anyway, thanks for the welcome back and I'll do my best, along with the rest of the team, to serve the interests of the community as best I can.
I highly suggest you people start using the Portal page for its intended use and start posting important information on patchnotes or mining changes there, rather in threads that are either locked upon posting and get driven to page 3 of today's posts within the hour, or are listed somewhere in the dev forums on some random page of some thread.
I've let Rohj know that if he wanted to put development notices on the portal page, he is more than welcome to.
It's up to him.