Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-29-2016, 08:11 AM)King Boo Wrote: [ -> ]I've let Rohj know that if he wanted to put development notices on the portal page, he is more than welcome to.
It's up to him.

Uh.
Can you please elaborate what do you mean with "if he wanted, he is more than welcome to"?
I guess he means it's up to the main dev. Yellow Spazz, yellow, not the green kingdom.
I mean that if he wanted to put them in the portal announcement section, he has posting access to the proper section. There's nothing stopping him from putting patchnotes there. I dunno why he hasn't been. I'll mention it to him.
Hello.

I use this thread exclusively because it's the only 2-way communication that I can use to talk with all of you admins of the server at the same time.

Regarding these bans (as I understand it there's no problem talking about this as it wasn't mentioned in the thread you made that "sanction thread rules" apply):

While I'm not best friends with most of these people, I know Mephistoles in particular.

It is entirely true that Mephistoles has gone after certain groups whenever he could, usually siding with the people he knew would win the encounter, to the point of annoying them. It is also true that he isn't the brightest light of hope and friendliness.

However, I think that this "measure" against him is completely unwarranted. He's rarely been sanctioned, and the posts you make reference to showing bad behaviour are very few and inbetween from his side of things. For these reasons, I don't think that his ban comes from forum missbehaviour at all.

Mephistoles' actions ingame are most of the time mimicked by a lot of people, often a certain crew of which he's not the leader. Not only that, but his attitude towards these groups of players aren't neccesarely wrong, much like XTF players would log to fight against IMG whenever we saw them mining in Tau 23. He targets certain groups, not certain players.

Not only that, but the reasons shown to ban him are reduced to "he is a troll". Sometimes, like most players in this server, he is. Some other times he is also leading 2 factions, promoting activity through actual roleplay and playing the game by fair means, never pushing the rules or looking for loopholes. For once, he is a faction leader that likes to solve inRP encounters with RP and not skype.

Many people fit the profile of "troll" in this community much better than he does, are much more harmful to the gameplay and community overall and lead actual squads dedicated to screw players they don't like by any means neccesary.

For the reasons exposed, I believe Mephistoles' ban should be reverted to a warning/probation.
Regarding the "Heavy Decision" post

At first when I heard from a friend that a lot of players were banned I thought it was another joke, but after I read myself the "explanations" I can say that I am surprised. I can ... understand some of the bans ok, but Karst and Impy? You guys made a huge mistake.

Much disappoint.
Today in Dublin just now D9|Nightstalker somehow teleported to Drake, out of the reach of the 4 BAF and BPA ships looking for him. He's lvl 56 and didn't log in/out of the game in the process of suddendly teleporting to a system 3 jumps away. The only explanation is an admin beam.

Can someone explain it?

http://imgur.com/q0cyKk2
(08-09-2016, 01:16 PM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone explain it?

Yes. It calls 'respawn'

[09.08.2016 11:50:15] D9|Nightstalker: ?: "Bowex, stop right now. This is your last warning."
[09.08.2016 11:50:26] Dandelion: Good day gentlemen
[09.08.2016 11:50:28] D9|Leopard: "Just leave some holes and let it away"

[09.08.2016 11:52:17] Death: D9|Nightstalker was put out of action by a hostile vessel.
[09.08.2016 11:52:20] D9|Nightstalker: Oh damn
[09.08.2016 11:52:24] D9|Nightstalker: BS Razor to the face
That's hilarious, because your log is of 20 minutes before that

Rip meant to upload this one: http://imgur.com/y3JkXMO
Yeah. It's just because after he died he click 'respawn' and stay docked. While he's docked and still ingame, it will display that he's in the previous system he died in. Only when he undock, it will turn to the system he's really located in.

It's known game bug, nothing Admin related here.
He'd have been kicked for idling in that time.