Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Admins are a little hard and a little soft, you have to be hard in order to implement rules

I wanna say thanks to all admins for their work and for giving me a second chance Thanks a lot

Special thanks to Jens for helping me out in a lot of matters. Thanks a lot man.
(04-15-2015, 04:24 AM)John Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2015, 04:31 PM)Rebirth Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 10:17 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]There is a way however to store the edit history for example with this:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/edit-history-log

If that's not sufficient I will attempt to come up with something else, but I suppose that would be a useful moderation tool in its own right.

I cannot find any (valuable) reason(s) for an admin, to devote his else free time in browsin' the history of each user to find out about changes he made in his requests. Making a new request afterwards would just do fine? Or PM an admin/write one on skype about changing your post and notifying the others if your request is in vote currently. This would take -way- less time then the other way around as admins are splitting up this part of work since they could not do this with browsing the history... you know what I mean?

The point isn't to allow people to edit their own SRPs, but to be able to view them after they've posted them. The unfortunate side effect is that they can edit them, and Protege is attempting to offer a solution to that issue by allowing all edits to be logged to ensure there's no funny business happening with player requests and the like.

My point was more so that the OP of the SRP request could also be part of the discussion process and perhaps clarify issues or discrepancies if there are any. But yes, in general, that's what I had in mind.
In regards to this.

On the subject of transparency, I'm curious to hear what reasoning the (presumably) majority of the admin had when they decided not to completely remove jump drives and just limit their jump range instead?

As I feared even with a 4 system jump radius I'm still seeing abuse all over the place. I'd like to know why the admin team opted for 4 systems instead of removal.
Well, based on the post you made immediately after.......even you thought this would have a different effect than it did. We're still evaluating it.
(04-15-2015, 03:58 PM)Hawk Wrote: [ -> ]Well, based on the post you made immediately after.......even you thought this would have a different effect than it did. We're still evaluating it.

Sadly. I had the small glimmer of hope that all the problems would be gone. However this wouldn't be the case.

Personally I would suggest fully disabling them until the new disruptors are added. Not only does this solve the current problems until the 'fix' comes along, but it could actually give us a glimpse at disco without these things, and from that point the staff could decide whether JDs should have a place in the mod/server at all.
I believe we wanted to make jump-trading more difficult, but not eliminate the possibility of its use in jumping military ships into combat. We voted on a two, three or four systems and achieved consensus on four.
If there was a way would the admins make it so that it could only jump into fights, but not out of them then? (theoretically speaking)
(04-15-2015, 05:35 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]If there was a way would the admins make it so that it could only jump into fights, but not out of them then? (theoretically speaking)

You could always do something like the Hyperspace scanners where you have to stop to use it. You could also lower said ships shields too.
Npcs will bump you, snoopy.
Just make hyperspacing require you to have a full core of energy. so being pulsed can disrupt it.