Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So now that I’ve had a little time to cool off lets talk about what happened today. I’m writing this with a 2 year old tugging at me so bear with me.

I’m flying around trading today and see a ton of fighters heading down the lane. I check the player list and see over 100 people on. A good chunk of those in Tau 23. “There must be an event” I think. I check the forums and see the XTF have one planned and a ton of factions are involved. I see they’ll eventually end up in Liberty so I decide to jump on when they get there. Fast forward a little bit, I log my Xeno and head to join the event. I get there and the event is shot. Players Bastilled, beamed around, insults thrown around, etc. Poor behaviour all around. Especially from the the admins.

I heard about Corsair being beamed away from the fight. Corsairs have been joining pvp events in Tau-23 since I’ve been here.

Players warned for using setmsg during a fight they were already engaged in. Sorry, but, WHAT? You’ve got to be kidding.

After all that two players were bastilled for insulting an Admin. After their event was ruined I can hardly blame them. It wasn’t much anyways. Grow some tougher skin.

Thats just a few examples I’ve seen. I’m not sure if it was something personal or if thats the norm, but its ridiculous.

It seems sometime in the past few years the rift between the gun RPers and word RPers has gotten wider and the former almost completely taken over the admin team. I really hate to generalize but the people who mainly care about word RP take the game far too seriously. Just like what we saw today. There is ABSOLUTELY no harm in letting the community have a little OORP fun every once in awhile. It brings the community closer together. Something it sorely needs after the crap I’ve read about over the past few months.

Fix the rift between yourselves and the community or all you’ll be left with is a fancy chat client for a handful of players.

Its only a game Let the community have fun.

Also, final nail.
(09-04-2016, 12:32 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]The intervention on Admin side was predictible after the forceful editing of the event thread
It really wasn't ,i genuinely though a reminder about still having to rp and follow your id allowances when your out of Connecticut will be enough(until seeing something in skype..),if this wasn't done in 3 houses, borderworlds ,taus and omicrons but in an isolated system where players who don't want to participate can do so ,it could be made some compromises and even help them out setting it up

(09-04-2016, 12:42 AM)Stygian Wrote: [ -> ]Players warned for using setmsg during a fight they were already engaged in. Sorry, but, WHAT? You’ve got to be kidding.
Every time time he shoot someone he would spam his setmsg,lacking a bit of context ,do we not?
(09-04-2016, 12:42 AM)Stygian Wrote: [ -> ]It seems sometime in the past few years the rift between the gun RPers and word RPers has gotten wider and the former almost completely taken over the admin team.
the only moment i saw one of the XTF bastilled rp-ing during this 'event' was asking a trader 30 trillions credits or he will be destroyed,i'm not expecting to write your life story ingame but at least a minimum of 2 lines?(at least that's my personal opinion..)
You're talking out of your ass again.

The staff was informed of the event 1 week prior to it being announced. No efforts to communicate with me at all were done, which one can only assume means you don't care. Then, 2 hours before the event, you edit the thread with completely unnecesary ***** just to try and enforce an authority that you take from yourself everytime you open your mouth, with issues you could have easily PM'd me about.

Quote:he only moment i saw one of the XTF bastilled rp-ing during this 'event' was asking a trader 30 trillions credits or he will be destroyed,i'm not expecting to write your life story ingame but at least a minimum of 2 lines?(at least that's my personal opinion..)

More lies. Not only that but you also skip most of the stuff in previous posts. Not to mention how incredibly stupid the whole Tachyon thing is. The trader was demanded to say that "Tachyon is a silly little man" in system chat, which he refused to do. He wasn't demanded to pay any money at all. If you can't understand that much it's your problem.

Rules stand to protect the rights of other players and to garantue there is no missbehaviour in the server. Everyone in the event agreed to follow the rules and guidelines we posted in the event thread, there wasn't a single bit of negative feedback. Not a single complaint about players moving on to the next area passing by the system they died on. Not a single complaint about players "reengaging" to continue with the event, and not a single complaint about titans being in tau 23. No report no action right? But wait, there's no need for evidence or even other admins because you were there. Of course.

You enforced rules completely on your own and now you lie and take things completely out of context to try and get away with it.
(09-03-2016, 11:29 PM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]"Does this server's administration want people to play the game?"
o, people started noticing
[03.09.2016 19:44:51] Divine: they had 10 days and at the day of the event, they come at you with those edits?
[03.09.2016 19:45:23] ɹǝqı (Yber): they've known since mid august
[03.09.2016 19:45:26] ɹǝqı (Yber): it's more than that
[03.09.2016 19:45:52] Divine: that's a rather pathetic move by them really

And that event, organized by players, got the server to 100+ spots used, which even the official-events have issues with to achieve at times. It's a one-time fun-run once a year.

As for all the other mentioned stuff, I'm still here should a colour fall off your floor.
(09-04-2016, 07:26 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]Garbage post
I tried looking up your post history, because I literally had no idea who you are, and I found a post of yours saying you thought Disco peaked in .85 because it had a better community.
(08-16-2013, 04:36 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]85..but not because there was a better mod,but a better community ,or at least the feeling when i started and while i played..
That's because back then, we had admins who would call you out on the fact that you have the English skills of an AFK LN battleship, and the administrative skills of an unofficial Zoner faction leader. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?" I'd never heard of you. Nobody in Discovery had ever heard of you.

You've literally never started a non-admin thread. Like, can anyone name a single positive contribution you've made to this community? And don't you dare say your work as an Admin has been anything but destructive and malicious. I mean hell, the aformentioned post and editing the event thread is more malicious trolling than anything Dusty Lens ever posted, with none of the added wit or intellect to back it up.

I would like to ask you, Hannibal, who approved you as an admin, and what mechanism . . .Oh, I know the will of the community isn't popular with you lot,
So what mechanism do the players of Discovery have to remove you? Is this representative of the will of Discovery's community?

Well, I sense, I sense though that you're competent and capable and dangerous, and I have no doubt that it's your intention to be the quiet assassin of Discovery's community, and of player activity. You appear to have a loathing for the very concept of the existence of PvP - perhaps that's because your first faction was Phoenix, which of course, was pretty much a non-faction.
But since you took over, we've seen the edge-worlds reduced to nothing more than padded bounce houses that I'm sure you longed for back in those days you played a Zoner. You've made it pretty clear that nothing will stand in the way of your peaceful Omicron dream by banning anyone who threatens it. Your first faction might be dead, but you've been carrying it's banner this whole time.

Sir, you have no legitimacy in this job at all, and I can say with confidence that I speak on behalf of the majority of Discovery's players in saying: We don't know you, we don't want you, and the sooner you're pushed out the airlock, the better.
You sir deserve a medal, you've won discovery
If so many people have problems with discovery's administration team, why not elect new ones? Discovery is a democracy right?

Wrong, even for those who disagree with the current admin team, it's all just a bunch of tyrannical nonsense from BOTH sides of this age old argument.
(09-05-2016, 03:00 AM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: [ -> ]If so many people have problems with discovery's administration team, why not elect new ones? Discovery is a democracy right?

Wrong, even for those who disagree with the current admin team, it's all just a bunch of tyrannical nonsense from BOTH sides of this age old argument.

Discovery is not a democracy now and it never has been.
(09-05-2016, 03:10 AM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 03:00 AM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: [ -> ]If so many people have problems with discovery's administration team, why not elect new ones? Discovery is a democracy right?

Discovery is not a democracy now and it never has been.

Oh, sorry, forgot to put this in the first part of that post then.

*Satire activated*
DISCOVERY IS A TOTALLY WORKING DEMOCRACY WITH SENSIBLE DENIZENS AND RULERS.
*Satire deactivated*