Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-07-2016, 01:36 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]It's just back to square one with your bias. And if that is it just admit it.

stop Noposting and I'm sure they'll reply to you. I personally wouldn't bother to write an elaborate reply to something written like that.
GuapMan,

I am not going to put this in Green, so you take or leave it, as required.

Please step away from your Computer, before you say something that will cause you more problems.

Quote:Why won't the Staff own up to their mistakes

If you look at it closely, the Admins did admit a mistake and unbanned 4 of the 6. Lyth was talked to by different Admins, at different times, so maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the Saint that you might believe. Have you ever thought that your crusade is based on your own, or even some others, bias?

As for the XTF Event, I have looked at the Logs, and Yes, there were Rules broken, by multiple people. Hannibal was present at the time and dealt with the situation as he thought fit. It is quite possible that another Admin may have handled the situation, differently, but at that time it was his decision to make.

At the minute you appear to be on a Crusade to crucify 1 person, is this perhaps because you are BIASED?
Quote:If you look at it closely, the Admins did admit a mistake and unbanned 4 of the 6. Lyth was talked to by different Admins, at different times, so maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the Saint that you might believe. Have you ever thought that your crusade is based on your own, or even some others, bias?

Lyth was never approached by a single admin at all during any of the months before 'A Heavy Decision'. He just got this 6 month ban out of the blue for reasons you guys still aren't telling anyone, with extremely flimsy evidence attatched that doesn't add up (and that evidence is forum based, so once again, why does he not get put on probation like the other 4?). Yeah he was no saint (and no one is) but he didn't deserve a 6 month ban from both server and forums. And look at all the damage 'A Heavy Decision' has done.

It's easy to dismiss my post as 'crusading'. But what happened to Lyth wasn't done within the rules and overall wasn't fair.
They issue is not, speaking about the XTF-event, that actions had been taken, but that the Admins position on the event was made the day of the event, which literally left no time to make proper adjustments to the event itself where needed (not to speak of the fact that it's just bad sport to leave the event for weeks and then interfere at the day of it happening). It's unprofessional way beyond levels that are acceptable standards in any way for anything.

//Edit: If you'd be an official business and come with required changes the day of the deadline when you knew the exact specifications of the product for weeks, then you can be damn sure that this was the last time this specific service contractor worked with you.

Also the fact that in previous years there never used to be an issue with said event, but that's a different point on the list.
(09-07-2016, 02:46 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]But what happened to Lyth wasn't done within the rules and overall wasn't fair.

It wasn't within the rules. The heavy decision post stated it right away.
Here's the thing though: A few years ago it would have been perfectly within the rules.

The rules were amended several times largely because troublemakers and grey area abusers felt threatened by the old 1.0 and 0.0 rules and managed to make it sound like it was a serious threat to normal players whom became concerned.

In reality a normal player never had to fear these rules as they were not meant for them. All games have their own LOIC rule and finding it within the massive EULA can be really difficult, but it's there. Why is it there for something like World of Warcraft when 99.99% of the players will never break any rule of the game? Because of the 0.01% that will and can do it in so many ways you need a simple rule to catch them all and not leave any loophole.

Nowadays the rules are a cheese grinder without any grinder: if you want to make someone's game experience miserable and are clever enough to use proxy players/skypefriends/grey rules areas, you can do it without any possible consequence. Is that fair? It isn't and the catch all rule needs to be brought back to make these people stop thinking they're invincible and yelling "EVIDENCE NOWWWWWWWW" will get them out of any situation they were clever enough not to leave anything usable within the rules against them.

After several admins wasted hours trying to get Lyth to tone down the general skype crap and feuds causing an incredible mess (you know you're kinda doing something wrong when you're a daily topic of the admin chat) I really doubt he didn't see some kind of sanction or retaliation coming his way. He probably didn't expect it to be this harsh.
And a few years ago things were very different. Disco had a much higher player count, as well as a different staff. And you know you may just be looking at things through red tinted glasses.

Comparing Disco to other MMOs is apples and oranges. We don't have the budget or really most of the things that make WoW and Disco very separate from each other.

And of course you want to demonise Lyth. It's no secret that you had a burning hatred of him before the ban, and most likely that factored into the decision. Lyth never tried to go out of his way to make things miserable for other players and instead spent his time trying to add and contribute towards the server. Many times he'd get walled by the Staff, so for example the Nauru events, just because they had a dislike of him and Core. And even now Wesker is struggling because you guys won't give him a break. Like you guys restore Solitaire but refuse to restore Invicta Research Complex.

The admins never tried to talk to him or show any sort of indication that he was doing something bad. Lyth never got into Skype feuds. Lyth often has strong opinions, but he had good intent too. Lyth would actually go out of his way to work with others, hence why he was always so optimistic about running events with other factions and people in the Edge Worlds.

And even still that just doesn't add up. If he was punished for Skype stuff why was all his evidence forum based? That's a contradiction.

At most Alley , you went out of your way to piss about with Lyth and even be blatantly racist towards him (something the Staff should punish if they do the same with Karst) at the expense of literally everyone in the Omicrons. We all know about how you "trolled" him:

Disgusting behavior from someone who was an admin at the time.

And the Staff bias doesn't end there either. There's stuff like this in circulation too:
Seriously what good has banning Lyth and Karst done? What noble goal has been fulfilled? Since the bans things have been arguably worse. The community has been in a state of constant passive aggression. People are leaving and becoming demotivated and not wanting to play because of the bans more than ever. Server pop is decreasing. And regions and factions suffer. Lyth was an inspiring leader, a great motivator and very ambitious and active he didn't play in grey areas. How is banning him constructive at all?
All of you people are taking this too seriously. XTF event? Bloody pvpers making mess all around, but it happens only once a year and everyone has fun. Except maybe the admins, but they can always pretend their coffee machine has suddenly started to work by itself.

Or, an admin beamed you or bastilled you for breaking the rules? I mean, aren't they supposed to do that?

And Hannibal, please work on your English and punctuation skills a bit. I don't like being serious, but I am. No one will take you seriously if you explain the rules in the English of a uruss))) newbie. It's not a complex language. In fact, I think it's one of the easiest around. Or just don't be serious. That way no one will have to take you seriously. A mere joking attitude could have done a lot. So... everyone's invited to the event, eh? Well, they won't mind an admin there then. With a few Banhammers, lethally pointed at those ships that are outsie of their ZOI. The admins are at war with rule breakers, so it's even inRP to shoot them up.

Edit: I've just read the 1st log (the 2nd one I already had, merely a scheme between 2 people who hate each other the most, which one of them lost due to not being in the conversation, so nothing unusual).

And...

Wait, what!?
Is that a real log, or some lowly attempt of forgery? I've never seen Alley behave that way. And who's this Alex? Additionally, if the logs are real, I wonder who's revealed them and what's happened to that person.
Its okay, I get that it might not be aloud of forums and all because i understand that i just proved BIAS behavior from admins and what not, and them stirring a player up.

I'll just make sure it gets around non-forum ways Smile good day.
I already heard about that logs before but if they actually are true, it is a horrible picture of how things work behind the scenes.
How can we trust that there is no one making a joke out of what we put effort into just because he doesnt like us from what he has seen over an online community ?
Why hasnt there been a correction of this after the one doing that left the admin team, why not the least when someone else took over the faction ?
And why hasnt there been a punishment for abusing the position as admin ? Or to put it in a context for beeing toxic.
I cant think of one valid reason that would justify this.
I am seriously disgusted by what I read there, people thinking its hillarious to No on someone elses effort out of pure spite.
To me it just looks like an attempt to destroy someones public appearance, nothing more then that.
People have personal views of people, you cant change that, never will. To me all it proves is that you are willing to dig up issues put to rest, just to make your case, and make the other party look bad.
Besides, why do you make such an issue about this all? Wasnt it you who said quite a few times you care little for discovery anymore?