Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And now it got censored for "breaking the rules". Would it be allowed to stay if the names were coded and if the asterisks were turned into [censored] or [pineapple] or similar?
(09-07-2016, 04:38 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]And Hannibal, please work on your English and punctuation skills a bit. I don't like being serious, but I am. No one will take you seriously if you explain the rules in the English of a uruss))) newbie.

Glad to see I'm not the only one in this forum thinking the same thing
(09-07-2016, 05:12 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: [ -> ]I already heard about that logs before but if they actually are true, it is a horrible picture of how things work behind the scenes.
How can we trust that there is no one making a joke out of what we put effort into just because he doesnt like us from what he has seen over an online community ?
Why hasnt there been a correction of this after the one doing that left the admin team, why not the least when someone else took over the faction ?
And why hasnt there been a punishment for abusing the position as admin ? Or to put it in a context for beeing toxic.
I cant think of one valid reason that would justify this.
I am seriously disgusted by what I read there, people thinking its hillarious to **** on someone elses effort out of pure spite.

Pretty much. Why people are choosing to side with one's grudge is beyond me.

I don't have much opinion on the XTF thing as I feel it could be a legit punishment for rotten behaviour in local but I wasn't there for myself to determine it. I somewhat feel about 'ehh' about the development of the mod and how personal views are influencing it.

Sure, people have opinions and I certainly know a lot about how people feel about others simply because of a faction they lead, but it should never influence stories or development.
(09-07-2016, 04:27 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]And a few years ago things were very different. Disco had a much higher player count, as well as a different staff. And you know you may just be looking at things through red tinted glasses.

Comparing Disco to other MMOs is apples and oranges. We don't have the budget or really most of the things that make WoW and Disco very separate from each other.

And of course you want to demonise Lyth. It's no secret that you had a burning hatred of him before the ban, and most likely that factored into the decision. Lyth never tried to go out of his way to make things miserable for other players and instead spent his time trying to add and contribute towards the server. Many times he'd get walled by the Staff, so for example the Nauru events, just because they had a dislike of him and Core. And even now Wesker is struggling because you guys won't give him a break. Like you guys restore Solitaire but refuse to restore Invicta Research Complex.

The admins never tried to talk to him or show any sort of indication that he was doing something bad. Lyth never got into Skype feuds. Lyth often has strong opinions, but he had good intent too. Lyth would actually go out of his way to work with others, hence why he was always so optimistic about running events with other factions and people in the Edge Worlds.

And even still that just doesn't add up. If he was punished for Skype stuff why was all his evidence forum based? That's a contradiction.

At most Alley , you went out of your way to piss about with Lyth and even be blatantly racist towards him (something the Staff should punish if they do the same with Karst) at the expense of literally everyone in the Omicrons. We all know about how you "trolled" him:

Disgusting behavior from someone who was an admin at the time.

And the Staff bias doesn't end there either. There's stuff like this in circulation too:
Seriously what good has banning Lyth and Karst done? What noble goal has been fulfilled? Since the bans things have been arguably worse. The community has been in a state of constant passive aggression. People are leaving and becoming demotivated and not wanting to play because of the bans more than ever. Server pop is decreasing. And regions and factions suffer. Lyth was an inspiring leader, a great motivator and very ambitious and active he didn't play in grey areas. How is banning him constructive at all?

Considering I've been here for millenias,even if I completely missed out on the reform of Core and such,I gotta admit Lyth did quite well as to what Core has become.On that note,we really need more activity in the Omicrons,and hell,hammering the people that actually do something kinda puts the fire out.On a sidenote,it'd be epic to 'sairs hopping in all around Omi's and Omega's since tbh,RHA sair war is dead,OC sair war dead,Core Order Sair etc kinda dead,due to lack of ppl actually doing something in those systems.Also,since when is it a thing to ban ppl for skype chats?Like,is there no privacy at all now?Like,we can't really rant about a certain faction(i still do,and don't care really) or people for being a plastic bag and acting like one and all of a sudden I'd wake up getting warning shots and bans?And as a sidenote,why is it allowed for an admin,for example,to troll some1 and then getting them banned?Like,isn't that just straight up powerabuse?Same thing would be if you'd kill an admin ingame on one of their chars and they come back and port u to bastille or just nuke you from space.Or hell,even ban you.Something's wrong on Disco lately and the current population is decreasing.That really needs to change.
(09-07-2016, 05:18 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, people have opinions and I certainly know a lot about how people feel about others simply because of a faction they lead, but it should never influence stories or development.

Nor justify trolling. Some trolling can be fun for both sides, but this was really rude and tasteless. If the logs are real. I'm always suspicious about copy-paste stuff because someone can simply add or remove words once it's been pasted, before it's posted.
(09-07-2016, 05:12 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: [ -> ]I already heard about that logs before but if they actually are true, it is a horrible picture of how things work behind the scenes.
How can we trust that there is no one making a joke out of what we put effort into just because he doesnt like us from what he has seen over an online community ?
Why hasnt there been a correction of this after the one doing that left the admin team, why not the least when someone else took over the faction ?
And why hasnt there been a punishment for abusing the position as admin ? Or to put it in a context for beeing toxic.
I cant think of one valid reason that would justify this.
I am seriously disgusted by what I read there, people thinking its hillarious to **** on someone elses effort out of pure spite.

^^ This. If this is really true you Admins have a lot of explaining to do.
(09-07-2016, 05:21 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 05:18 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, people have opinions and I certainly know a lot about how people feel about others simply because of a faction they lead, but it should never influence stories or development.

Nor justify trolling. Some trolling can be nice, but this was really rude. If the logs are real. I'm always suspicious about copy-paste stuff because someone can simply add or remove words once it's been pasted, before it's posted.

I'm not at liberty to quite determine the authenticness of it as I'm not in the chat but, I really wouldn't be surprised if that's how chats worked. Been in enough to determine how things go.

Satirical teasing can be okay if both parties are alright with it I guess? But being repetitive, obnoxious and outright silly isn't.

Now I don't want to cause an uproar but maybe there could be more outside evaluation for story input, instead of locking ideas away in a private chat. Feedback doesn't harm - but that's more of a dev thing and is irrelevant.

Do moderators even get a say on sanctions?
(09-07-2016, 04:27 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]And of course you want to demonise Lyth. It's no secret that you had a burning hatred of him before the ban, and most likely that factored into the decision. Lyth never tried to go out of his way to make things miserable for other players and instead spent his time trying to add and contribute towards the server. Many times he'd get walled by the Staff, so for example the Nauru events, just because they had a dislike of him and Core. And even now Wesker is struggling because you guys won't give him a break. Like you guys restore Solitaire but refuse to restore Invicta Research Complex.

There is so much wrong with this post it clearly indicate me you are just stirring up things at this point, but still, I'll reply because this is a public thread.

I personally don't care about Lyth more than I care about any other community member. If you want an example of someone I had serious issues with, you just have to ask Spazzy and he'll tell you all about how were at war since 2010 up to several months ago (and it was for dumb reasons, but we were young). I essentially owned disco for more than a year and wow, guess what, Spazzy is still here, he's not banned while I could have perfectly done it without anyone being able to do anything about it.

I'm not going to start leaking stuff out of the admin forum or chat to prove a point to you, but I'll tell you all about Nauru.

The event wasn't walled, it didn't happen because there was a serious lack of staff at the time and there was still several issues ongoing with this event that didn't set right and needed to be fixed. Was I desperately attempting to wall poor Lyth's event because you know I hate him so much, I wouldn't have been working on assets to create an atmospheric system full with terrain and buildings specifically for the development of the Nauru official events and beyond.

This combined with the discussion I had with Karst after the 6 ban just reinforce my idea that you have no idea what you are talking about and just blindly following what the memesters are feeding you or out to cause as much damage as possible. If you want a shocking revelation, I learned through a skype chat that shared a leak (oh no, I have access to leaks as well) with Karst saying I was probably the one that spearheaded his ban. I contacted Karst and look what happened next:

(warning!!! super hot skype leak, must see to be a disco insider)
[15/07/2016 23:04:20] alley: I could have told you straight away I didn't have anything to do with it
[15/07/2016 23:04:36] Karst: Okay, I believe you
[15/07/2016 23:04:50] alley: I didn't even vote on you because I have no idea what the No I could have said about you anyway

but I know, I'm probably lying because I hate Karst and Lyth so much-
oh wait what is this, an admin subforum leak
[Image: vufK9dc.png]
( [ - ] means abstain)

This all just proves to me how little you know about what you are basing yourself on.

You also indicate the "shocking" log everybody in the big chats has already seen was all done while I was still an admin. It's not the case, it happened several days after I left the green team.
Perhaps this thing is the only thing of worth in your post that isn't incorrect or bait.

Was it wrong to troll Lyth? Probably and if at some point he really felt offended (the bit from the K'Hara chat is mild), I would have apologized. Clearly he didn't as he never told me about it.

It's still all very soft compared to what you personally did if we're going to start judging who's the worst. I personally won't get into that.
To be honest I'm done with you, it's pretty tiresome to argue in circles.

not forged, it's from the K'Hara chat
(09-07-2016, 05:52 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]nice try but that's not what you receive,that's not even the interesting part of someone who was in your group but didn't shoot the recruit id (that someone was )
you receive the evidence for 4 players(including yourself) in the form of chat logs and what was submitted by the person who reported you both in form of screenshots and chat logs

nice try indeed

you didn't even know what was going on. admins didn't check any logs and just sent random stuff. checking pictures? matching logs?

sure thing. seriously, just stop. it's embarrasing.

So this is supposed to be constructive now? There is nothing that can possibly be constructive about any of this other than you know, quitting the blatant No. Certain people have their reports go through without any sort of double check and some admin purposedly target players.

If anything can be taken off of this as constructive is that you should seriously quit the double standards you've been having for a while now.
Im simply speechless over what i saw on those leaks...