Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe feedback threads should be replaced by 2 threads, one visible thread for suggestions and ideas for administrations, and another invisible thread for complains, where administrators only can view and discuss privately with the complaining side.
(09-07-2016, 08:18 PM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe feedback threads should be replaced by 2 threads, one visible thread for suggestions and ideas for administrations, and another invisible thread for complains, where administrators only can view and discuss privately with the complaining side.

good idea. should apply to all to avoid disco drama
(09-07-2016, 06:47 PM)Irwin Wrote: [ -> ]Since when the hell are moderators part of the in game sanction process?

(09-07-2016, 06:53 PM)CorrupteD Wrote: [ -> ]So that basicly means Moderators are admins aswell.Gut to know.

It is not as in depth as you think. I explained the reason why this is a thing in this post. And to be fair, I had no idea that that was the case either.
The Admin Feedback Thread, as well as all other feedback threads, work best when both parties approach each other with a measure of respect and a willingness to listen to the other side, with the overarching goal of making Disco a better place.

Recently, I haven't seen much respect being shown by very many posters. That is the reason this thread is failing to meet its stated purpose.
(09-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]The Admin Feedback Thread, as well as all other feedback threads, work best when both parties approach each other with a measure of respect and a willingness to listen to the other side, with the overarching goal of making Disco a better place.

Recently, I haven't seen much respect being shown by very many posters. That is the reason this thread is failing to meet its stated purpose.

This post just hit the nail right on.
Im trash with words, so yeah.. He put my thoughts into words like.. perfectly.
(09-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]...
Because you're a shining example of "respect" given towards others.
THREAD DERAIL TIME

requests a status update on our rep change request with Gallia, please and thankyou
(09-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]work best when both parties approach each other with a measure of respect...

Anger is often mistaken for disrespect. Emotions often override logic. When someone is mad, they often craft their words for impact, if not purely for violence.

I really don't think we need to dismiss peoples (very important) issues by punishing them for being upset.

(09-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]...and a willingness to listen to the other side, with the overarching goal of making Disco a better place.

Not everyone believes that everyone else is on the side of "make disco great again." More so, the only thing we all have in common is that we all disagree on exactly what the real problems actually are - this thread provides a great panoply of that. During my brief time here, in my states of vitriol, the last thing I wanted was to capitulate with people who I saw as "the problem" - and the one thing I think I can confidently say, is that the majority of us all think this way.

I respect your words Garret - you have the right of it. But its idealism.

Something I said to Kai on Steam the other day. Disco is a meatgrinder, where Idealism goes in one end, and Cynicism comes out the other. No one can agree on just what exactly turns the handle, because everyone has their own idea on just what it is.

What would I suggest? I don't know. I'm out of suggestions, and I've made a few.
(09-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]The Admin Feedback Thread, as well as all other feedback threads, work best when both parties approach each other with a measure of respect and a willingness to listen to the other side, with the overarching goal of making Disco a better place.

I'd like to add to this by reminding everybody that respect is a two-way street. If you feel you deserve it, you must first give it.

I'm also going to mirror a post I made elsewhere because I feel it is especially relevant to that aspect of the problem:

Quote:While the administration will, as they always have, complain about how the community bullies them, how they are unappreciated, how they are seen in the eyes of the average Freelancer -- we must ask ourselves this: Do they deserve any better? Is the attitude held toward the administration an expression of some innate, pervasive hate of authority, or is it an expression of the total and abject frustration of the community over the actions of a staff who demonstrate no care for the community as a whole, let alone its individual users? Administration is not a thankless job and it never has been. What IS thankless, however, is being a jerkoff. If people are calling you a jerkoff, it's because you are; don't cry about it, don't claim you're being 'bullied', don't go banning someone for disagreeing you. Seek to address the issue, whether it be with you or with procedure.
I am not in favour of bashing when there is no real topical reason to do so.
At the moment the thread feels like an outpouring of general disappointment, not specific feedback and critizism.

I think the anger about the unnecessary invention on the XTF event has been expressed sufficiently.

Constructivity would be the next step.
In my opinion, the ball is in the staff's field.

The solution however is rather easy, though: Unbastille the ships.
It's just a symbolic gesture, no one gets hurt and we can return to constructiveness.

In a situation in which no lasting damage was done, reconciliation cannot be that hard.

And, when the staff is at it, unban also Karst (and Lyth), whose bans also were mistakes and whose bans actually have been doing lasting damage.

Making mistakes is not so much of a problem.
Sticking with them however is in my opinion.