Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Banned from Shoutbox ( edit : now reason known )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
ahelp so why am i blocked from shoutbox? :D
[00:41:45] Conrad (Moveit56): Ask a mod.
[05:24:15] ****
[05:24:30] ****
[07:32:11] Rob ( FynnMcScrap ): modhelp :  http://imgur.com/IG1VAoD  ... seems we have a buggy Shoutbox ?
[07:32:37] Rob ( FynnMcScrap ): ahelp so why am i blocked from shoutbox? :D... me too ? Did nothing, didn´t even use it for days ?

I have been "blocked from Shoutbox" for several days now, without any known reason ?

Could somebody pls check if its a Bug or an error, and if its no error tell me why I am banned ? See also : http://imgur.com/IG1VAoD

Greets
Rob
PM sent
Ah, ok. Now I know why.

Fully accepted.
I did not recall the swearing as I did not try to evade swearfilter or ... how shall I put it ?
I did not "want to swear" , I was using the sentence as a rhetoric tool.
No excuse meant, just the reason I did not recall doing anything wrong.

I would want to ask for how long I will be banned from Shoutbox,
and if the Shoutbox is subject not only to the Forum rules but also to the processes for sanctioning and ban as used in Forum.

It was quite disturbing not to know the reason...

Greets
Rob
The shoutbox is a privilege and should still adhere to forum rules. It is not skype and you must realize that you can't say such things in the shoutbox. Many of the staff are in favor of permanent shoutbox bans so don't expect to be unbanned any time soon.
(04-07-2015, 12:23 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]The shoutbox is a privilege and should still adhere to forum rules. It is not skype and you must realize that you can't say such things in the shoutbox. Many of the staff are in favor of permanent shoutbox bans so don't expect to be unbanned any time soon.

Noted, and accepted.

I do not say I did no wrong, so I must accept the ban.
At the same time I would like to point out that I was surprised to have to ask why I was banned .

As it is a Forum / Shoutbox penalty I will not even try to circumvent it by using any of my several RP Alt´s to post in shoutbox.
If I need to ask something, or contact someone, I will either post in Forum or ask in Skype help chat.

I would only suggest that if you treat a ban from shoutbox as you did,
that the player thus sanctioned gets a notification for it.

I am not disturbed by the misdeed, the penalty or the fact that I got a ban,
I am disturbed by the inconsistency in the process to ban me.

Sorry for being such a rulemonger ;-)
Speaking of which, I still need shoutbox privileges back now that I'm de-probated.
(04-07-2015, 10:12 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, I still need shoutbox privileges back now that I'm de-probated.

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

[Image: mtthvy_thumb2.png]

[Image: heavy.png]