Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ELITE Dangerous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Currious if anyone here is playing this new space sim?
http://www.elitedangerous.com/
I would love to try it out, but my PC is too much of a toaster to run it.
(04-07-2015, 07:40 AM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to try it out, but my PC is too much of a toaster to run it.

Seconded. I couldn't manage to upgrade my (now) 7 years old PC.
It states I5 4 core min. I am running I5 2 core, and at max graffix I get 60 FPS. I find your graffix card is more important then your comp.
Truly I find this game to be a slightly better Freelancer, with vastly better graffix. It also allows you to play 1 day with other players, and the next with no online players. You choose when you log in. Either way your Character advances all the same, and you affect the entire Galaxy.
it's an impressive game even at this stage.

It needs around a year to get where FL left off in terms of MMO advances.
The game is a real beauty. Interstellar jumps, system travel and navigation, local open space fights, flight mechanics - all soooo realistic and awesome!

But I left.

Mouse support is catastrophal. Average NPC will keel you if you have no fancy gaming equipment. Paying couple of hundreds to cover my small working table with that crap is not an option. Don't even try.

Oh and just to mention autoaim autoshooting in-game turrets that work better if you pay them more and if you pay more for sensors that are helping them to track.
Hey, mouse + keyboard controls aren't that bad. Make sure to map the mouse to pitch + yaw (and roll to the keyboard). By default it's pitch + roll which is highly unintuitive for mouse flight. I was playing for ~2 months using M+KB mostly without issues.

The existence of auto-aim hitscan weapons is pretty stupid, I agree. But they aren't affected by sensor quality. Sensors affect only targeting range. (as confirmed by the devs; hope they aren't lying)

I made a few screens while flying around:
[Image: iY7IPbGm.jpg][Image: idbuOJgm.jpg]
[Image: YddX01om.jpg][Image: iprfFrCm.jpg]
[Image: Gi6hWHUm.jpg][Image: iMKYqHNm.jpg]
[Image: 9yhADVjm.jpg][Image: IvyFWGJm.jpg]
I will agree that mouse/keyboard was awefull. So I used my old Sidewinder pro joystick with keyboard, and it worked quite well, except it was an old joystick and was loose. So I went and got a Logitect 3D pro that only cost me $25.00 and it is great. 12 programmable buttons, and throttle control. I find this awesome in a space game. All these years I found that lacking in Freelancer to tell the truth. As Freelancer was horrible if you used a joystick. Also for you console guys just use a gamepad(I personally hate them) I am told they are very good in Elite.
My god the screens look amazing...
(04-07-2015, 06:26 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]My god the screens look amazing...

Yeah they are just mind blowing. Every time I find a new system I waste way to much time just checking out the view, and exploring.
Pages: 1 2 3 4