Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HELP - We have been shut out of our own station !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hallo,

We built a station and equipped it with a defence shield. Yesterday I read somewhere in Deadric's Player Base Guide that it is possible that the shield won't run on oil. Being in Gallia it was a more logical choice as energy source. So we tried. I went out first and my son stayed inside to give the commands. Nothing happened: I didn't see the familiar shimmering. The system reacted saying the the defence was offline. I have worked with defences before and at that time I got the text it was online. So he tried again and again no result. So apparently the oil didn't work. So I told him to sell the oil and he came out. I had another job but thought I could sell some oil underway. And that's when we discovered we were both locked out.

I was able to show an image so you can have a look here: REMOVED

FYI: there was still about 9000 units of oil on board. How long will that keep the defence module running? That is, IF IT IS RUNNING AT ALL ???? If it is a bug (why no shimmering ???) maybe it can run forever, that is, if the base won't collapse before Sad

Who can help (Admin ?) or has an idea?

Thank you very much in advance !!!
The shield will shut down if you give it a little bit of time. Wait 10-15 minutes and try to dock again.
Shield will be online for 8 minutes. Just wait. And don't shoot it, otherwise you'll need to wait 8 more minutes.
(04-08-2015, 05:40 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]The shield will shut down if you give it a little bit of time. Wait 10-15 minutes and try to dock again.
Nope. It happened about 45 minutes ago and still no access. I found some fuel consumption specs and they said that it uses 3 unit of Gallic fuel every 16 seconds. This means 48.000 seconds or roughly 14 hours. That is a time my base can survive. So if I still haven't access this time tomorrow, I'll let you surely know. Then I will get worried.

Thanks anyway for your advice!
Base shields aren't even supposed to run on Oil. Use Promethene (from Dauphine). It's as efficient as MOX.
Can't help with your problem, though. Sorry.
(And consider getting that base registered if it isn't already.)
Looks like someone was checking the shield status - was someone experimenting and accidentally typed /base shieldmod on ? If so, you'll apparently have to wait 8 hours for it to deactivate (never tried it myself) unless you have someone docked on the base to use /base shieldmod off.

If you haven't already, it's always good to leave a ship permanently docked on the base to make sure you can always control things for this reason. Also, you may want to remove your screenshot - some people like finding and shooting bases for sport. Good luck!
Something you might want to know. After you undock from the base, you won't see the shield bubble pop up until its ran its course and engage it again. That's why there is normally 2 people on when testing shields, one to start it (who sits on the base and watches the fuel) and the other to watch to see if it works (that is in space and watches for how long its up)

So to speak. The shield IS on, you just can't see it at the current moment is all. Its a minor bug somewhat but its nothing major. So ya, the shield IS on, you just can't see that it IS on for now
In this case the shield was not online but the base wasn't allowing docking with the same message as if the shields were up. Seems like a bug.
(04-08-2015, 05:56 PM)Ruud Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2015, 05:40 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]The shield will shut down if you give it a little bit of time. Wait 10-15 minutes and try to dock again.
Nope. It happened about 45 minutes ago and still no access. I found some fuel consumption specs and they said that it uses 3 unit of Gallic fuel every 16 seconds. This means 48.000 seconds or roughly 14 hours. That is a time my base can survive. So if I still haven't access this time tomorrow, I'll let you surely know. Then I will get worried.

Thanks anyway for your advice!
Then try to use /base shieldmod off , as Zed26 already mentioned. That seem to be a bug, shield running without fuel. Also, next restart will fix it anyway.
UPD: Oh, you don't have any ship on the base. Then only restart (and maybe an Admin) can help you.
Popping in game to look, give me a shout. Base gone?
Pages: 1 2