Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sarissa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Can someone give me a good review of this ship? I have flown a Ranseur earlier but it has been always too bulky for me. I'm into smaller ships. What is the Sarissa like?

Thank you!
For its size, it has a surprising agility, in fact it could take on an Osiris, if you know what you're doing of course.
It's very useful when it comes to turret steering but for strafing I'm not really sure.

It has a generous power output, fit it with cerbs a pulse and some prims and you'll wipe the floor with most caps.
Be aware thought as its agile, its still big, and thus it only pays for skill.

For tanking, I wouldn't really recommend it, base hull's too low and it pretty much can fit the same overall power output as the Overlord, so avoid tanking unless you can afford a cau8.
If your good at turret steering get it. If you prefer to charge and strafe get the ransuer.
Thank you! I've heard that quite some months ago it was made smaller.
Sarissa is one of the worst capital ship in the game but if you know what you are doing, it is the best. It is a medium cap but you can't mount more than 2 heavies (Other medium caps can mount 3x heavies) but you can mount 5 primaries, all of them can fire forward but only 1 heavy can fire forward and backward. You have to fight with your sides to deal high damage, 3x Primaries and 2x Heavies can fire sides. Sarissa is Fat, Bigger than Overlord Its like Liberty Carrier. If you are Highly skilled in Turret Steering then this ship is for you. If you're medium skilled or lower, Do not buy it. You can't tank with this ship, In close range you have no chance to any medium or heavier caps. If you hear cloak sound, run.

Best loadout;
2x Cerberus Turrets
5x Basic Primary Turrets (If you ask why, because requires more low energy to fire them)
2x Flak
Rest are Outcast secondaries or basic secondaries ( I prefer basic secondaries )
What said above is pretty accurate. However, if you place 2 mortars on it you can use it as a support ship, aiding other caps against other caps.
If you are good at turret steering you can achieve most of what a sarssia could in a ransuer. Ransuer because of its shape can TS if done right. My advice get a ransuer. Sarssia is decent but is too big.
Its okay, its looks make up for possible PVP flaws though, so just buy one? Tongue