Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Banned from the shoutbox / UNBANN WHEN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm banned from posting in the shoutbox because (apparently) I posted a rather "rude" image there. With a text on the image saying "you dense mother****** ". It was meant sarcastically, but I get it. No bad words. Even in images.

I'm okay with getting banned from the shoutbox, I only want to know when does it expire?
Shout box bans are usually permanent. The shoutbox isn't Skype, so please don't treat it that was.
I'm not the one to question the admins, but if that's the case, isn't it a bit harsh?

On another note, is this the right place I should post such a thread?
You could ether be banned from the shout box, or have a week long ban for using the F-bomb
If it's a week or so, i'm okay with it.
Also thanks for the information man.
Well at least you didn't say a your mom joke. God forbid!
A permanent ban from the shoutbox for one offence is extreme. Why so aggressive?
Because they can :|
Fun fact :

It states that the "Shoutbox is part of forum and under the same rules"

But there is a process for banning from Forum, and .. whoops ? None for Shoutbox.

I was told that "Shoutbox is a priviledge" , and I lost it too.
Well... sooner or later it will really be a priviledge that way, with half of the members banned ;-)

Ah, lets wait and see. No idea if they will review it, or keep us banned. Or just unbann us one day... no idea.

(04-14-2015, 01:33 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Because they can :|

jup
(04-14-2015, 10:48 AM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]You could ether be banned from the shout box, or have a week long ban for using the F-bomb
I would prefer to have one week forum ban over ban from the SB to be honest. Yet it's too late to enforce that, as it was longer than a month or so.

Still waiting for administation reply anyhow.

Fynn Wrote:I was told that "Shoutbox is a priviledge" , and I lost it too.
Well... sooner or later it will really be a priviledge that way, with half of the members banned ;-)

Ah, lets wait and see. No idea if they will review it, or keep us banned. Or just unbann us one day... no idea.

I second that, though. There's no process for shoutbox. First warning would be the best, but banning onto first issue is somekind of abuse.

Either SB follows the very same forum rules AND ban processing, or revise rules and unban all the people then, as llex prospicit non respicit.
Pages: 1 2