Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nova torpedos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Teaboy,Jul 14 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:ok, so just to say, if i have to turn and dodge mortars all the time, i cannot fight.  spend the whole time running, only to get destroyed by a right angle turning mortar anyway
secondly, fire a torpedo from a ship at a speedboat, and not any old speedboat, a racing boat travelling over 100mph.... will it get it? hah.
[snapback]26463[/snapback]
Yes. It will get it as long as the speedboat does not notice the torpedo comming. Thats called a firing solution.
i have to say I agree with Night and Dab. Torps are great but they are NOT fool proof against a fighter or a gunboat. I have had a NPC gunboat dodge a torp. I was so mad I growled. Then I blew it up with my train. So no torps are not that awesome against fighters. Practice your eveassive manuevering. Sorry, you're just not using your full ability in that thing.
im not doubting the fact that a torp is dodgable, but if all the time is spent dodging torps - you can never face the target to shoot it..
And if you remove torps you will never be able to take on a capship.
a cap ship cannot dodge a well placed torp that CAN track to a degree, but cannot turn sharply.
Teaboy,Jul 15 2006, 05:57 PM Wrote:a cap ship cannot dodge a well placed torp that CAN track to a degree, but cannot turn sharply.
[snapback]26546[/snapback]

Thats the point. Only Gunboats should be able to easily dodge a torpedo. Well that and fighters of course. Also, you will not be dodging torpedos the entire time. The eventually run out, and they cost so much people don't just waste them trying to keep you dodging. What I do is fly straight at it then turn about 2 seconds before I hit it and hit the thruster button. The torp will fly right behind you and not hit you. Then immediately turn and fire on the ship that shot at you.
Dab when was the last time your mortar ran out of ammo?

Kiggles :P
Did I say they ran out? No. I said Nova torpedos. Not Mortars. Guys. Mortars move at like 20 speed. They are the easiest projectile in the game to dodge. If you can't dodge a mortar in a fighter, than you just can't fly.
Well the ship fireing it adds about 120 (gunboat with after burner) and I know they are dodgable but then you get back to the point with mortart that you end up dodging the whole time and not shooting back.

But lets not get into and argument.

Kiggles :mellow:
Well thats only gunboats, which are supposed to be good against fighters. And the energy from a mortar on a GB will take it down almost to empty. And also doesn't allow for other weapons if they want to use mortars. So using mortars might give it an advantage but also creates a disadvantage. Cruisers and BSs using it are VERY ineffective.
Pages: 1 2 3