Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discussion: Rework Connecticut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For a serious role-playing server like Discovery, it's a good idea to have a arena system. But we already do! So what am I complaining about?
Here's what. I was thinking...

Conn is way to bland and boring. The limited space and the large amount of mines forces players to stay not to far from the base(s). It almost feels as if the system itself doesn't want any visitors.
"Come in. Pew. Get out."

That got me thinking what IF more "stuff" is added in the system? Maybe a nebula, a dense asteroid field or some space objects to have the snubs fight inside/around (like the hispania for example). Thing that can add more "pew pew" variety. Imagine a few large asteroids, that could make capital ship pews a bit more interesting. Seeing how many fights outside of conn usualt happen in open space or in a generic asteroid field, it would be nice if at least Conn offers a bit more variety.

But the more I think about that, the louder the voice of the community gets. I can already hear them.
But Dragon!, they cry out ,We don't want people to stay 24/7 in Conn!

Trough I agree, we can't hide from the fact that many people aren't here for the RP.

Think about it.
Yeah it's planned.
I don't think it's for the benefit of a roleplay server to make Connecticut more interesting. It is already one of the most active systems on the server.
Conn doesn't need a boost.
It's mostly not a boost, it's making it less annoying to use.

With my recent reusable script for shipclasses, my objective was to make caps and snubs spawn in different zones with a jh to a common zone. It's missing asteroids too, which is essential for training.

Conn is what it is, it's a training system. It might look like it's the most popular system, but it's not. The real universe still is.
What conn needs is deletion. Each person in there is one less person doing things in normal mode.
(04-18-2015, 04:29 PM)Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]What conn needs is deletion. Each person in there is one less person doing things in normal mode.

Care to explain a bit more?
Alright, allow me to clarify:

Connecticut is an oorp PvP arena, that doubles as a reasonably safe place to transfer equipment or to hang out.

Every perosn using it is one less person seeiking rp interactions in any other system. Given how the mod already has an overbloated galaxy in relation to playerbase size, maintaining a system like connecticut is counterproductive.
I agree with Panzer.

In the past, the access to Connecticut was only from New York. Many people did not even try to get there and instead trained where the normal playground is, and did it within Roleplay.

People like them massing around Malta, for example, have always led to something interesting in the end, with a decision to start something somewhere against Corsairs or IMG. Or they had visitors who wanted to take advantage of their presence and interact with them, either with type type RP, or pew pew RP.

People are drawn to activity.

The lack of Connecticut does not stop us from training anywhere we can if we really want to.
(04-18-2015, 04:29 PM)Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]What conn needs is deletion. Each person in there is one less person doing things in normal mode.
Pages: 1 2