Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skype has broke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: v8gJTks.png]

anyone know why this is happening?

It's up to date. I tried reinstalling. I still get this problem.
I can't help you, but I laughed at Tom Hanks' mug on your screen.

Carry on.
'0x' does always stand for hexadecimal, I guess it's a memory issue you got over there. I don't know any faster way to solve that then the below, sorry ;

Code:
- Uninstall Skype > remove it totally. All folders containing "Skype" in the name except the backup you want to make ( see 6 lines below for a backup of chats )
- Run CCleaner or something similar to make sure all is gone
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Skype

Though I guess there is an easier way. If you do not want to lose your chats simply save this folder :
Code:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Skype\keksdose112xd
Instead of keksdose there will be your skypename ofc. Paste the folder you backup'd later on to it's place again, after you've logged in again
Let us know if this works (source - http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-de...97#M121180)

Skype is looking for any device that has video capture capability, and unfortunately may crash if this device is not compatible with Skype.I’m not sure if this will work for you, but you may try:

Quit Skype. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%\skype, press Enter or OK button. Windows File Explorer will pop-up showing the Skype settings folder. Locate there a file named shared.xml (you might see only shared, but with description “XML Document” in the Type column). Open this file in any text editor, e.g. Notepad. Find there a section starting with <Lib>. Insert there these lines:

<Video>
<Disable>1</Disable>
</Video>

You can insert these 3 lines at the end of the <Lib> section, i.e. just before the </Lib> tag. Save the edited file and restart Skype.

Also, what screen capture software do you use?
I use no screen capture software.
I tried both of the above suggestions, none of them worked sadly.
Okay, it crashes as soon as ads appear. Is that related?
There's adds on skype?

I don't have any, and am not using a blocker or something.

I call virus.
Quote:There's adds on skype?
Yes, there are ads on skype. Hello.
(04-21-2015, 03:59 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]There's adds on skype?

I call virus.

+1. I would recommend this tool it's searching for rootkits as well => https://de.malwarebytes.org/free/?gclid=...tAodXkUAEg

It's german I know, just download it -> Install and run the scan. The configuration is just fine, I'm using it instead of a real AV...
(04-21-2015, 04:04 PM)Rebirth Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2015, 03:59 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]There's adds on skype?

I call virus.

+1. I would recommend this tool it's searching for rootkits as well => https://de.malwarebytes.org/free/?gclid=...tAodXkUAEg

It's german I know, just download it -> Install and run the scan. The configuration is just fine, I'm using it instead of a real AV...

As good as Malwarebytes is, it isn't a replacement for an antivirus software because it has a different purpose than an antivirus. Its database is updated with new threats and older threats considered "dead" might sneak in.
Pages: 1 2