Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New server setup progress bar causes lag.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CPU usage spikes to 20% for firefox when the bar is on screen, by scrolling so it is off screen, CPU usage for firefox almost vanishes. This makes the forum almost unusable in terms of typing, scrolling, and loading new pages. I am using the latest version of firefox.
I had problems loading the forum and scrolling earlier today too, it seems alright now.

I'm with firefox too.
(y) Happens for me as well.
Huh, that is indeed actually very, very noticeable in FF 37.0.1 on W7 but not in Chrome; I suspect Firefox doesn't like/support the shine animation all that well just yet.

EDIT: I suppose you could use a 1px tall gif with the animation as a replacement for Firefox/IE if you absolutely want the animation in all browsers, or some other workaround. IE11 doesn't even give it a try; it has rather poor support for CSS3 animations overall.
this is what you get for using firefox
Waterfox*
(04-22-2015, 05:35 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I suppose you could use a 1px tall gif with the animation as a replacement for Firefox/IE if you absolutely want the animation in all browsers, or some other workaround. IE11 doesn't even give it a try; it has rather poor support for CSS3 animations overall.

Well I don't think thats the case, as its fine now and I've like 50 tabs opened Big Grin
Yeah, firefox is not causing the problem itself. It's just your hardware/or probably a software related issue, I've tried out nightly ( aka firefox ) on several PCs now and it isn't overusing any ressources. The only thing I've noticed was, that it's draining the CPU to 100 % for 3-4 seconds when it's launching, but that's okay -nothing to worry, yo.

I would recommend using nightly as I do, it's the beta version of firefax and always using the latest dev updates ( the experimental ones, though ) => ( https://nightly.mozilla.org/ )
It seems that the issue was fixed as the animation was removed, thanks to whomever did that. And Rebirth, my laptop is fine (MSI GE70) So it was not due to poor performance. I have tried Nightly on my desktop, and although I have enjoyed it and its features, I found it too unstable for my liking. Also, I try not to use chrome because I am horrible when it comes to tabs, (51 open right now, probably a third are various pages of this forum) and therefore, using chrome is just not a good idea, even with 12GB of ram.
Use Chrome.
For no reason.
That's it.
Its just better.
For no reason.
There is no argument.
It just is.
Use Chrome.
Use it.
Now.
GO!
Use Chrome.

Chrome seems least demanding in the terms of CPU usage.
Pages: 1 2