Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Personal project: Freelancer Ambience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya

There a few things that I absolutely love in games. One of those being audio design. A very well sounding games helps me get immersed more that having HD graphics. Rescently I got Hadamari's Sound Mod and played for a few days with no background music. The glorious sounding sound effect combined with the lack of music adds to the mood. Alot.

Now. My idea.
Get rid of all the music, as well as the asteroid/nebula/junk fields ambience. And then don't replace it with music, or even other space ambience, but rather sound effects.

Like hearing giant pieces of metal crashing into each other, while flying in a junk field.
Or the sound of crushing icebergs while flying inside the barrier.
I'm talking like subtle sounds like that. If I make them sound far away and echo, it will probably sound impressive.

Of course, I'll have to do alot of digging to find the appropriate sound effects. And also figure out what to do with non-asteroid field ambience.

This is where I can ask politely for help. For those of you who would like to contribute.
Examples for sound effect, ideas for zones. All of those welcome and appreciated.

Anyway, thoughts?
Would you like to see this project finished?
I like this.
Quote:Like hearing giant pieces of metal crashing into each other, while flying in a junk field.
Or the sound of crushing icebergs while flying inside the barrier.

When you are in cockpit view you can already hear these kind of sounds, but making a better version would be sweet yeah.