Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction activity tracker is broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I didn´t know where to put and since tracker is part of site, I will try it here.

I discovered that there might be some error in faction activity tracker (and it´s not the known bug of not recording new ships or ships which were not logged for more than 30 days). Basically, the tracker should show activity in last 30 days (as written on top of the column). Then the logged time is erased. However, for example today (8th May) one of my chars got erased the time which was made on 17th April (logged into tracker on 18th April), so after just 20 days. This confirms suspicion I have for some time, because I´m tracking RFP activity* with numbers from tracker and somehow the numbers don´t fit in last two months and I wasn´t able to discover where our activity time is disappearing so far. This might be explanation.

So, can anybody check it? Because this is problem for smaller factions which are running only little above requirements. If the tracker is really erasing the logged time just after 20 days instead of 30, then all activity made on first ten days of month is not logged in the tracker at the end of the month (because tracker actually shows activity in only last 20 days).

*(that´s why I know when I made that time because the numbers are same and char was logged only once in last month)
Quote:one of my chars got erased the time which was made on 17th April (logged into tracker on 18th April), so after just 20 days. This confirms suspicion I have for some time,

This has also happened with many D9 ships as well. I brought it up but I'm not sure if anything was said about it.
Also, It takes ageeees to update...
(05-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Foochow Wrote: [ -> ]Also, It takes ageeees to update...
It´s updated just once a day (midnight GMT time if I remember right).
Well, it seems that's not right. I have 7 hours on one of my faction characters and it still says 24 minutes...
Can confirm that the tracker has not been working reliably. I wasn't sure what caused it to not log since it usually did, but your theory might well be correct.
It´s starting to be kind of complicated. Another two RFP chars lost today exactly same time which was logged in on 28th April, so 11 days back. On the other hand, some other char still didn´t lost time which was logged in on 14th April (25 days back). Something is wrong but apparently only some chars get their time deleted sooner than after 30 days, but the number seems to be changing. I will continue observing it.
I'd wager that when the tracker went down during the move, something got incredibly screwy with it, as it's not worked right since.
I hope admins have some better tracker for activity checks than the one on the site because it seems to be totally broken, erasing logged activity completely randomly (at least for RFP|).

For example today (14th May), two my chars lost time made on 24th April (logged in on 25th April) while another two chars which I played same day still keep it. On top of it, another char lost today time made just week ago (logged in on 7th May). Thus tracker really isn´t reliable source for overview of faction activity in last 30 days.