Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Easy fix for launcher crashing to desktop, no error code.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not 100% sure that this will work for everyone, but last night My boyfriends launcher kept crashing to the desktop. He played it literally a week or two before and had no issues, then suddenly, his AV deleted his DSAce.dll file and screwed up his game. After 4 grueling hours of work, we fixed it and it was frustrating how easy it was to do so. The exception was already set, but the launcher updated and his AV didn't allow it to finish, thus resulting in the launcher crash 1 second after start up.

Later that night, my room mate decided to log after having not done so in quite a while. He ended up with the same issue, minus the DSAce.dll being deleted. This was fixed in a matter of seconds as it was the same fix I used for my boyfriends comp.

The issue: You open the launcher, you see the check mark screen pop up for the short time it normally does, then you see the launcher for all of about 2 seconds. It then crashes without warning or an error code.

The solution: Disable your Antivirus, open the launcher. It will update properly, then launch the game. Close the game, enable your Antivirus, launch the launcher. DONE.

NOTE: THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH AVAST FREE ANTIVIRUS.
Worked for Bitdefender too. Didn't have this issue precisely, but it just didn't want to download one of the files for some reason.
Got kind of the same problem.....went to play the game and when i opened the launcher it updated and now wont work as it keeps saying DSAce.dll is missing.
Tried your fix but it didn't work Sad
I am running a vista machine with microsft firewall and anti virus.
Any ideas anyone??
i had this problem...with Eset Smart Security....the patch was moved to quarantine every time it downloads.