Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help with Error Code: L03
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here's my problem... A few days ago, I tried to log on and play some Freelancer, only to have the game crash to desktop as soon as I tried to enter the server. For the next few days it wasn't a huge problem because my work schedule was still leveling out, but now that I have more time to game (and spread the influence of the Slaver's Union), it's officially an issue.

When I load up the game via the Discovery Server Launcher, it gives me a shiny red box with an error code and description; Error Code L03, "DSAce.dll is missing. Add an exception to your antivirus and use the "Restore DSAce.dll" button in the parameters tab. When I try to bypass it by activating the Server Launcher and then manually opening Freelancer, it won't find any servers, and since my antivirus already gives Freelancer permanent permission, I don't know what else it wants me to do. I have tried simply restoring the DSAce.dll as it says, but when I find the server and try to load up Discovery RP 24/7, it crashes back to the desktop and makes me go through that all over again.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I am suppose to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention that shutting my firewall off, as it is suggested in the previous thread about the Freelancer crashes, DOES NOT work for me. It just keeps doing the same thing, whether or not my firewall and antivirus are activated.
maybe you have a tool installed checking "dangerous" web sites - the DSACE.dll has a size of 1,8XX MB - it happened to me that it was "restored" by pressing the restore button of the launcher - but its size was 28k.

even restoring this dll didnt work until i stopped the "safe Website checker" and added the downloadlink to another exception.
If you have McAfee, you'll have to turn off real time scanning.
(05-09-2015, 11:51 PM)Mantrid Brizon Wrote: [ -> ]So here's my problem... A few days ago, I tried to log on and play some Freelancer, only to have the game crash to desktop as soon as I tried to enter the server. For the next few days it wasn't a huge problem because my work schedule was still leveling out, but now that I have more time to game (and spread the influence of the Slaver's Union), it's officially an issue.

When I load up the game via the Discovery Server Launcher, it gives me a shiny red box with an error code and description; Error Code L03, "DSAce.dll is missing. Add an exception to your antivirus and use the "Restore DSAce.dll" button in the parameters tab. When I try to bypass it by activating the Server Launcher and then manually opening Freelancer, it won't find any servers, and since my antivirus already gives Freelancer permanent permission, I don't know what else it wants me to do. I have tried simply restoring the DSAce.dll as it says, but when I find the server and try to load up Discovery RP 24/7, it crashes back to the desktop and makes me go through that all over again.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I am suppose to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention that shutting my firewall off, as it is suggested in the previous thread about the Freelancer crashes, DOES NOT work for me. It just keeps doing the same thing, whether or not my firewall and antivirus are activated.

An AV is just deleting your DSAce.dll file (Windows Defender if you are under Windows 8, your personnal AV...). And a firewall has nothing to do with all that.