Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player list: show areas instead of systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So how about this

Insted of the player list showing:
player1 New York
player2 Cambridge
player3 Omicron Alpha
player4 Omega-7

the player list would show the part of space the player is located, instead of the exact system:
player1 Liberty
player2 Bretonia
player3 Omicrons
player4 Omegas

I think a change like that would be positive. The player list right now is way too easily exploited. You can see where every player is, and it doesn't make sense in RP.

So what do you think?
Is it doable?
Will it be a good change?
You'd effectively octofy the size of Disco. With only 80 players on during non-event peak times, this would not be beneficial.
(05-11-2015, 01:53 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]You'd effectively octofy the size of Disco. With only 80 players on during non-event peak times, this would not be beneficial.

This.
And I'd actually go further than that: this would kill off Disco by making interaction even less likely.
Would work if our universe was 1/10th of its current size, maybe.
(05-11-2015, 01:52 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you think?

This game isn't getting any bigger, spreading people out even more than they are now is not beneficial because we're here for multiplayer. To play with others. Such a change would make that more difficult.

(05-11-2015, 01:52 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]Is it doable?

Yes.

(05-11-2015, 01:52 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]Will it be a good change?

No.
I have another solution:

Remove a lot of new unused/useless systems and move existing stuff from there into original and 1-2 new Disco systems per house/region.

We have too many systems, a lot of which are just making way longer or aren't used at all!
How about dont remove/change anything since the only problem here is someone -likely- QQing from being pirated or found by someone using a in-game feature.
Seriously. Stop.
(05-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: [ -> ]I have another solution:

Remove a lot of new unused/useless systems and move existing stuff from there into original and 1-2 new Disco systems per house/region.

We have too many systems, a lot of which are just making way longer or aren't used at all!

Lel....I'd do the opposite of that.... I'd add a few more sectors (since the galaxy map allows that) to enable more exploring
(05-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: [ -> ]I have another solution:

Did you ever see map of vanilla Sirius? Only huge change would be in Omegas and Omicrons. House space would stay almost the same because houses originally had at least five systems. However Gallia wasn´t there...

(05-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: [ -> ]We have too many systems, a lot of which are just making way longer or aren't used at all!
Just something to point out - if you remove systems which are not used at all, nothing will change. Because you know, when almost nobody is flying in those systems, then there is nobody which you force to go elsewhere if you remove these systems. However these systems can be useful when people want to RP exploring from time to time.
Man, this is the kind of thread we used to see all the time in ye olde days of Disco. Well, some 4 years ago at least. I'm surprised that Spazzy still has the energy to explain it all. Again. And again. And again.

It's like some absurdist work of literature.
Pages: 1 2 3