Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The attack on the Gallic POW camp(Leeds).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Username removed

*After making generous offers and promises of glory, Redfire gathers a group of mercenaries and freelancers in a room on Barrier Gate Station, he stands in front of the crowd besides Colonel Xalo Nunes both dressed a battle armor with his hands behind his back, behind him is a screen revealing the attack plan that he suggested to the Bretonian Armed Forces*

Without the aid from the BAF's trained soldiers, this mission's difficulty will increase exponentially.

I have to be honest with you, I expect that not all of us will return home, this is not your average skirmish with pirates or bounty hunters, this is a real war zone we're heading in.

People who do not want to put their life on the line the coming days should leave the room now.

Those who remain are guaranteed to never have to work for the rest of their lives, and know that you will be remembered as heroes.

*The freelancers and mercenaries talk to each other, changing looks of pride and fear and some of them leave the room which now looks more empty than ever*

Thank you for staying. If you have questions, ask them now, you may not get another chance.

*After a moment of silence a freelancer walks up to Redfire*

Once we rescue the prisoners the GRN will be all over us, how are we going to get them out of Leeds?

Colonel Xalo Nunes here has an armored transport with cloaking ability, we will sneak at the randevouz point with the resistance forces, free the prisoners, load them into the transport and escape the same way we got in.

The attack will begin once Colonel Nunes gathers more aid from his own contacts. You have time to prepare yourselves until then. Anymore questions?

*Another freelancer raises from his chair*

When are we getting paid?

Each of you will recieve five million credits from myself upfront, another ten million credits after the mission is complete. FL-ER will also offer a generous bonus once we've returned from the mission.

Next briefing is expected withing the next 48 hours as we are currently waiting for potential aid from Colonel Xalo's sources.

Anymore questions?

*A mercenary puts out his cigarette and looks at the two armored men*

What about the shield generator? We don't have the BAF's ion bomb this time.

The pilot of Colonel Xalo Nune's cloaked transport will make a run above the base and drop several screamer mines on it, this will overload the shield generator but we are to be expecting heavy resistance from the GRN, the more reason to delay the attack until Xalo receives an answer from his contacts.

Anyone else? No? Dismissed.

*Everybody left the room except Redfire and Xalo who remained to attempt to make contact with other groups who may aid them in the mission*

Username removed

*The team Redfire gathered to join in the rescue mission assembles in the room after as instructed by the leader, awaiting his speech.*

Ladies and gentlemen.

*Redfire spoke with a seemingly concerned tone, as if he was unsure of his choice of words.*

I have good news and bad news, I will start with the bad news.

In short, BAF will attack any FL-ER'er if they find out we proceed with the operation, you already have reading access to the communique, read that absurdness for yourselves.

They aren't aware I am doing this with a team of Freelancers, if you decided to back out, this is your last chance.

Despite what that clown has said, I am still proceeding with the mission, I owe it to some of those people.

Some things have changed however.

*Redfire sighs and an unsettling air filled the room, Jacky, a young mercenary stands up and leaves the room.*

I can't do this.

*Another freelancer raises his hand, Redfire sees him and nods*

So what exactly has changed?

It is of out-most importance that the involvement of FL-ER remains a secret.

BAF must not find out we went on with the mission, our involvement must remain a secret at all costs, even if that means my expulsion from the FL-ER.

Therefore no FL-ER ships will be able to join us, including Colonel Xalo's armored transport.

*A mercenary stands up*

So far you've only said bad news, what's the good news?

*Redfire walks up to the screen where he reveals a picture and video footage of what appears to be captured soldiers and their captain.

In the video footage the crew and the captain have their eyes covered and Redfire is seen walking up to each one of them firing his pistol near their heads.

In another video the captives are tied against a wall with their heads restrained in a fixed position and their eye lids kept open by a handmade torture device and forced to watch a propaganda video made by the resistance fighters about the life of the prisoners in Gallic POW camps.

Redfire skips the video footage to several hours later, his captives still forced to watch the propaganda videos, many of them have their eyes dried out.

In another video footage the prisoners are forced to listen to a mix of sounds ranging from the Bretonian anthem to bombardment sounds and people screaming to a public declaration of war from the Gallic king.

In another video footage the prisoners are simply aligned and kept in handcuffs, Redfire walks slowly around them with his hands behind his back.

He stops moving, stares at the prisoners for a brief second and begins to talk in a calm but cold voice.*

I haven't even begun on the physical part.

What you have endured here this period is but a drop of what Bretonian prisoners on Leeds endure every second of their lives.

This is what your king asked of you.

This is what your king sent you out in Sirius to do.

Do you realize now what he asked of you? Can you even begin to comprehend what he has forced you to do?

Had you been given the choice to go back in time with this knowledge, would you still join the GRN? Knowing what that entails? Knowing the future, what you will have to do for your beloved king? Will you still love him even then?

You did not really feel, you did not really realize, you did not really think about what you have done to the Bretonians, you just obeyed orders right? You are innocent of all the guilt...

...or are you? Orders they may be, but it was by your hands that they were carried out.

I can give you a chance to make up for your crimes, as I will.

I can give you a chance to wash away that guilt, as I will.

*Redfire presents them with the attack plan on the POW base.*

Your help is not needed, your uniforms is all I need to get past the gatling turrets.

You will come with us on the surface however, and from there your lives will be your own again, help us or fight us, your choice.

Make the right one.

*It is clear that he is practicing psychological torture on the captives, Redfire remains silent during the video footage, it is clear he is trying to break the will of his captives.

The mercenary walks up to Redfire questioning his morality.*

They are trained soldiers, what does even make you think they will subdue to this torture and aid us? You are wasting your time on them.

I have been pumping cardamine gas in their chambers without their knowledge, and with the lack of sleep and the constant brain tinkering, they will instinctively help us for their next fix.

You may think this is inhuman but these are techniques I learned from the LSF, some of them I experienced first hand, and if you are disturbed by this, wait until we reach Leeds, that may give you a bigger shock than you expect.

The good news is my intelligence on the planet reports that the gatling turrets scan for GRN uniforms, they will open fire on any living creature but will ignore groups of people if they are surrounded by GRN uniforms, this will allow us to get to the gate and hack it, we no longer need to drop the screamer mines and fight past the turrets, and actual GRN personnel accompanying us, zombies as they may be will create a moment of confusion for the GRN, giving us the upper hand.

Another good news is that Xalo has managed to make contact with a group he knows and that they are ready and willing to receive in rescued prisoners as releasing them in Bretonia is no longer an option.

This isn't final, another meeting will be scheduled as soon as more information comes in and contact with potential allies is being established.

We only have one shot at this, it must be done right and no mistakes, I may even consider setting the GRN troops I captured from the destroyed battleship on a transport to Gallia, it all depends on how events unfold.

*Redfire left the room, leaving many of his audience with a rather uneasy feeling, in a way this is his plan to filter out any freelancers who were in for the kick or the big prize but who can't handle the reality of war.*

[Image: SFLTBFN.png]

Bonjour monsieur Redfire!
J'ai come up with a plan for our entrance into the POW camp:

First Step) I will get somewhere with a clear sight to the entrance and position myself there with a rifle if something goes wrong.
Second Step) Avec les uniforms you have obtained you will get to the entrance, and with a small transmitter i will tell you what to say to the guards to deceive them into believing you are a royalist.
Third Step) Once you have entered i will shoot the guards in the towers with the gaitlings , making it possible for a retreat if the mission fails.

I just have to get a new rifle before anything... one thing is to have a sniper in an urban ground with lots of people, but in a area without anything but the POW camp from what i understood, it is better i don't have a scope or the glass's glow with the sunlight may give up my position.

Adieu for now!

[Image: 44.png]

Username removed

*Redfire gathers his team in the briefing room for their last briefing, the tensions in the room are high as the hour of the attack draws near...*

We planned long enough, we free those people today.

We will sneak on Leeds aboard a transport which has a neutral IFF to the GRN, this will allow us to bypass battleship Oubli and enter the docking ring safely.

You all know what you have to do once you reach ground zero.

To recapitulate in short:

1.Our group will infiltrate the resistance fighters inside the base using the GRN uniforms and mister Francois's transmitter.

2. We disable the GRN troops up to the shield generator, from there we split.

Our group will proceed forth to neutralize the barracks together with a small group of resistance fighters, the rest will remain behind and keep GRN reinforcements back.

3. If possible, we capture the command post and disable the GRN defenses and their propaganda network.

4. Once I give the signal, a resistance transport will arrive to pick the prisoners up.

The resistance fighters informed me they will remain behind and provide cover while we escape with the prisoners, they have their own escape plan.

*Private Glenn, a new mercenary recruit reviews the map*

When are we leaving?

The resistance fighters will prevent GRN reinforcements from other bases to reach us, we only need to worry about air strikes from battleship Oubli.

We are leaving in six hours, it will be night time on that part of Leeds by the time we arrive, this will lengthen the period of time until GRN reinforcements from Oubli arrive.

I expect everybody to be ready.

Again, there will be no place for mistakes or errors here, even a second, and I literally mean a second of hesitation can turn this mission into a catastrophic failure from where none of us will come back.

If you still have questions or need to prepare mentally, now's your chance.

*The men and women who join in have already been extensively trained by Colonel Xalo by this time, they all know exactly what, how and when.

Mercenary Jimson signals Redfire to go to him.

He whispers...*

Shouldn't we tell these people some words of encouragement?

*Redfire nods in agreement, telling the mercenary he is right, he moves to the front of the room and claps his hands*

Everybody listen up, a final word before I let you go.

We've been planning and simulating the event for days in a row now, we can do this.

I wouldn't have allowed you to be here in this room today if I didn't have faith in each and every one of you.

The veterans among us have already been through dozens of battles, be it in space or on the ground, you know battle, you know what awaits you, you've made it out alive every time, you'll make it again.

Many of you here are wanted dead by the LPI and Liberty Navy, but that didn't prevent you from smuggling literal tons cardamine into the most guarded place in the Sirius sector, some of you have been smuggling nomad artifacts into Liberty all the way from the Omicrons, others have stood face in face and exchanged fire with bloody pirates and military, you've all had your share of combat and blood, that didn't stop you then and it won't stop you now.

You know what we're going to do? We're going to head down there and shove overheated plasma-state fromage deep up the GRN's butt!

When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spines and toss them away laughing!

Am I right soldiers?

*The crowd of freelancers and mercenaries cheered at Redfire's speech and answered in approval*

SIR! YES SIR!

Hmh, damn right I am.

*Redfire continues his motivational speech.

Men, here's where we show those tight imperialist baguettes that they could not have picked a worse enemy than the people of Sirius.

We're going to blow the hell out of those damn baguettes until we don't have anything left to shoot them with, and then we are going to strangle them with THEIR OWN LIVING GUTS!

Am I right, soldiers?

SIR! YES SIR!

Men, those imperialist baguettes showed their ugly face in Sirius trying to take what's ours and hope they could have it, be it planet Leeds or the Tau systems or whatever the hell it is they want to have, but we're not going to let them have it, what we ARE going to let them have is a belly full of plasma and a pool of their own blood to drawn in.

Am I right soldiers?

SIR YES SIR!

Dismissed.

*Everybody left the room except a mercenary lady*

What about the GRN crew you have captured sir?

They will be surrendered to the BAF or executed, ask Colonel Xalo, he'll know what to do.
After hearing the small dialogue between Redfire and the woman , Xalo walks up to Redfire.

I think we should execute the royalists soldiers before leaving ... they are not innocent on this, and they would probably let us die if the situation was backwards. Plus i don't want neither BAF or the GRN tracking them back to us, we are already taking enough risks doing this with the BAF's warning. If you agree i will go to them and do it now, nice and clean.
A young woman approached Xalo in the Barrier Gate's bar and leaned against the counter next to him.

- Wine, please. - she looked at Xalo. She was around 26 years old, with brown hair and blue eyes curiously looking over him. - Hey. I've heard about your little... Conspiracy involving Leeds. Got a free spot left? - she had a noticeable gallic accent. - Amanda, by the way. - she took a sip from her glass after the bartender put the wine in front of her.
*Xalo puts down his glass of whiskey and looks at the girl*

Hello there Amanda, my name is Xalo.
I don't mean to sound meddling or anything, but you seem a little fragile for this place, are you sure you know what you are getting yourself into right now?

I have a couple of questions:

1) How and what do you know about this "conspiracy" as you call it.
2) Do you have any special qualification? You seem a little off place compared to the goons around here.
3) would you do a job for about 3.000.000 credits?

*And while he waits for the girl's response, he drinks the rest of what was in his glass and calls for the bartender*

Another one of these please.
Amanda smiled a little.

- When you hire a bunch of random freelancers you should expect at least one of them to have a rather loose tongue. I know that you intend to go down there and cause some mess in a prisoner camp, freeing some people in the process. - she took another sip. - In terms of qualifications, I know my way around places and I know how to get some stuff... on our side. I could probably get into that camp unnoticed. With a dose of luck, that is. And I know from which end of a gun shots come out. I guess that counts. About the payment, I'm willing to do it non profit, as long as you send this money to MFE or another group like that. - she took another sip.
I see ... Well i guess you might as well join now that you know.

*drinks a bit of his whiskey*

The equipment will be provided for you soon enough, and i will donate the credits to that foundation within the next hours.

*finishes his drink*

One more thing, what kind of silly drink is that? Get a real drink.

*turns to the bartender and says*

Hey pal, get a bottle of scotch to the lady will ya?

*he turns back to the girl*

Well , i should be going now, when i get to a computer or to my ship i will send you the plan.

*Xalo gets up and leaves the bar and after returning to his ship he sends the plans.*
Amanda shook her head.

- Sure, wathever...
Pages: 1 2