Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Skins missing, plus other things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded and installed Freelancer and Discovery several times in the last 4 months, and every time I'm missing skins to certain ships. The Rheinland 3k, Mammoth, Pirate Train, plus several more. There's no rhyme or reason.

In addition, I haven't been there for a while to see if it's still broken, but I don't have the star sphere for Cayman. It was just white.
Here's an example of the ships.

[Image: e80jXQl.png]

None of these problems truly bother me, but I am curious as to what might be wrong.
Well if you haven't modified any files, perhaps the parameters of your graphics card. What is strange is that this occurs only on certain elements. Could this be corrupted files ?
What are you graphics settings sliders like? I've found that if ship / model detail is below max, certain custom skins seem to turn blank or vanish at random. Could be your problem.
Are you using an AMD R9 290(x) card?
This thread may be relevant: Missing Textures
Also this: AMD 15.4 Beta Catalysts and Freelancer Discovery
(05-17-2015, 11:46 AM)Corundum Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using an AMD R9 290(x) card?
This thread may be relevant: Missing Textures
Also this: AMD 15.4 Beta Catalysts and Freelancer Discovery

Wow got it in one. OK I'll take a look at these.