Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Managing Crew/Society/Culture on PoBs or generic in Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know... This is kinda, well a little too much requested, but however. What I meant by this thread is that would it be possible to implement a system inside the PoBs, to run things like "Society/Crew's wealth". Something like having your own people on the Station and you as the Leader/Emperor would have to deal with their improvement, Cultural development and so on.

I know this sounds strictly something that could be also done via RP, no need for huge Game Mechanic implements. However.

I wonder if it is possible to somehow build in interaction with NPCs inside Freelancer. With this I'm also talking about Wingmen. Of course talking with them and recieving a answer to your question ain't possible (dunno). But beeing able to 'raise' NPCs on a PoB so that if you undock from it, they'd constantly follow you and you could command them? Like "attack this", "attack target".

Not to mention, having Military PoB's, like West Point Academy, so you could open a "Recruitment Module" and thus virtually train Marines (Training would be complete once the Module is finished) and then beeing able to have said 1 - 5 NPCs that would Guard the PoB together with you. You could give the command "Launch Defense Force" and then NPCs would launch from the PoBs.

I'm not sure if actually making NPCs able to follow you all the time is possible, but Guarding your PoB and beeing able to launch them in danger would be nice. You could then switch "Launch Manually" or "Launch Auto", Auto would mean once the PoB would get shot and Shield would be up, NPCs launch for Defense.

About the Crew managing Society/Culture. As you may have seen, the PoB base are pretty much EMPTY. With a Module, is it possible to bring in Crew members, to appear on Bar or Ship Dealers section? Together with that, having an automated system of "Information". Like when you forget to supply FOW, suddenly on the Bar one of them would be saying something bad about the Maintainer of the Base like "The Food supply was rather low, haven't eat something since morning, what the hell is BaseOwnerName thinking!?"

[Image: freelancerMini7.JPG]

This is some realy new thing that popped into my mind after the "Shipyard Module" thread I did long ago (sadly can't find it somewhere).

An active interaction with NPCs would be required here and you could maybe enhance the peoples "Wealth" with entertainments or bringing in Luxury Food instead of usual Food. This way the Culture would be on high Level and it would give you different ways to suit your Crew inside the base (or in a future case, if we can maintain Planets, your own People/Society/Culture.).

You probably gonna ask if this is realy necessary, but I just think it would give us a cool time inside the Game to kill off time while interacting with your Base and it's crew.

Messages could be set and connected with the ammount of supplies, like if X Commodity (FOW) is under 500, the messages you will get from the People on the Bar would be in a bad mood (to avoid a too complicated command, it could be always the same message but changing due to ammount of supply). Discuss please.

OORP Note: I guess this is more for nerds like me that like to play Strategy games Tongue
Quote: interaction with NPCs
I stopped reading past this point.

If you want interaction with npcs then go to cleverbot.
(05-20-2015, 11:46 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: interaction with NPCs
I stopped reading past this point.

If you want interaction with npcs then go to cleverbot.

That's why you should continue reading (: because I just gave "interaction with NPCs" as an example.
Bro do you want roller coaster tychoon : disco?
Woah. I think you are asking for a bit much man.
The game already was not built for half the things we make it do. There is a limit man.
while your at it lets make it possible to jump into npc ships and be able to control them like our very own pokemon
(05-20-2015, 01:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]while your at it lets make it possible to jump into npc ships and be able to control them like our very own pokemon

This aint flood, I got constructive reply from Adminn alrrady, leave this thread john. I dont need your crappy attitude.
Other than that I just threw in a bunch of idea in a whole concept. I think some of them can be implemented. Tided of War can make you spawn NPCs, it isnt realy imppssible.
the thing is though... Why do you want to spawn npcs? We already know how annoying they are when they were buffed.
Its a pvp server anyway... I dont see what you are trying to achieve. All I can see is ganking with computer controlled ships like alley does when spawning markducks

Edit: lol crappy attitude xD
(05-20-2015, 02:28 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is though... Why do you want to spawn npcs? We already know how annoying they are when they were buffed.
Its a pvp server anyway... I dont see what you are trying to achieve. All I can see is ganking with computer controlled ships like alley does when spawning markducks

Guarding the PoBs, inRP recruiting Marines. To have a defensive force when someone isn't around. Looks more alive than just Base staying dead there beeing shot at by Hostiles.
Pages: 1 2 3