Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Best fleet setup for system raids?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-21-2015, 05:56 PM)le toucan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2015, 10:40 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, the best raids I've been involved in are the ones where the enemy brings an entire fleet of battleships. Smashing fleets of caps into one another is hands down more entertaining than laggy fighters. That said I'm a bomber pilot, so that's probably why.

that's definitely why

cap combat is the most boring thing in discovery, assuming you take it 'in context' - by which i mean the two hours each fleet spends trying to ensure it outnumbers the other before the ~5-10 minutes of actual 'fighting'

fighter combat is way more interesting - too bad it gets shut down hard by capital ships [:

That kind of QQ happens because you get noobs that think you need exactly even cap numbers for it to be fair which is false, I've marched into gamma and alpha with carter lyth and thunderer and we've taken down whole fleets. Both are very interesting and fun, snub fighting takes more practice, but sometimes in group snub pews I find it can be a bit of a luck game, minespam gets real and it's easy to die, maybe I'm too newbie-ish in snubs but yea.

Capital combat is all in all fun, and does take skill.

Numbers don't matter all the time in a fights regardless of ship class.
I love me some cap fighting, but it's such a rare thing. Also battleships or just caps in general aren't the strongest thing in the game.

Joking or not, the suggestion of a bomber swarm with GBs is actually the strongest thing you can dish out. Double missile GBs with solaris to take out snubs, bombers to swarm any caps. We did that with GRN raids into magellan and people stopped coming because it was too good.

If you're goal is to just win, then do that. If you want to have fun, do whatever. It doesn't matter.
(05-21-2015, 07:26 PM)Miaou Wrote: [ -> ]I love me some cap fighting, but it's such a rare thing. Also battleships or just caps in general aren't the strongest thing in the game.

Joking or not, the suggestion of a bomber swarm with GBs is actually the strongest thing you can dish out. Double missile GBs with solaris to take out snubs, bombers to swarm any caps. We did that with GRN raids into magellan and people stopped coming because it was too good.

If you're goal is to just win, then do that. If you want to have fun, do whatever. It doesn't matter.

Not even going to lie this probably the best thing I have ever seen on the forums.
+1 to you
(05-21-2015, 06:39 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]bringing a support Carrier for a mobile repair platform for snubs might also prove fun/challenging to the ordeal, especially once the bots run dry.

reasoning like this is half the reason it's hard to find any worthwhile snub combat
(05-21-2015, 07:37 PM)le toucan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2015, 06:39 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]bringing a support Carrier for a mobile repair platform for snubs might also prove fun/challenging to the ordeal, especially once the bots run dry.

reasoning like this is half the reason it's hard to find any worthwhile snub combat

So, now that we finally got bott-trading eliminated and cloaks and JDs disrupting on the way, you're going to complain about the ONE thing a carrier might actually be useful for? Mmmkay.

I'm guessing you're gonna love repair guns once those are implemented, too.
/sarcasm
(05-21-2015, 10:59 AM)SpaceTime Wrote: [ -> ]Back in the day in [RM] we easily mounted 30+ player raids on Texas, we used to have 5-6 capitals, a wing of bombers and the rest on fighters. And Anne or Alec leading the whole thing. That's the best setup in my opinion.

Correction...

The [RM] brought seven or eight people, one of whom was often a battleship, the rest fighters. You then had roughly 24 indies in a mixture of cruisers and battleships, who would be "OUT OF CONTROL" as the [RM] leadership "desperately tried to call them back" (read; encouraged them to continue) dock-camping manhattan.

Gosh, you guys were fun.

The [RM]/[LN] fights went to hell after Malexa stopped leading the [RM].
Pages: 1 2 3