Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New core battleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yea so In regards to this, I really think that this should get passed, mako is not able to counter the OPness of the Geb, I've tried literally EVERYTHING and it's not possible to beat the Geb with a mako ( unless the player sucks or it has less armor), also as far as larger battleships like the legate, ransuer, and marduk there needs to be something that can really duel those battleships efficiently.

While I know people really would want something like that, i think that it should be limited to like 2 or3 inRP and make it powerful, that way the lolwuttery complaints against the core won't arise if and when people are using this.

That's just my opinion any thoughs from you guys?
(05-24-2015, 02:48 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea so In regards to this, I really think that this should get passed, mako is not able to counter the OPness of the Geb, I've tried literally EVERYTHING and it's not possible to beat the Geb with a mako ( unless the player sucks or it has less armor), also as far as larger battleships like the legate, ransuer, and marduk there needs to be something that can really duel those battleships efficiently.

While I know people really would want something like that, i think that it should be limited to like 2 or3 inRP and make it powerful, that way the lolwuttery complaints against the core won't arise if and when people are using this.

An OP Core battleship that can kill everything. How about no, get some RP to make these ships, why their OP, why you should inRP have them and all that, and I might consister it. Oh, and before you complain that the Mako can't do it. Ever try something called a destroyer? Its lighter, powerful and out turns a Geb and can easily destroy a Geb and Osiris by itself. I know it might be hard to take in that such a SMALL cap can do THAT much damage, but believe me, if you work as hard such as Carter, you to might defeat Geb's in Destroyers to!

In all seriousness, I honestly don't think the Core need an OP ship, they can kill everything on their own and their rather good. If you can get Lyth to agree to this and perhaps make an RP about how to make these ships then sure, why not.

Also I have to ask.

How can you NOT counter one of the heavier and less defender CARRIER'S of discovery? How can you NOT kill one? But also the Legate and Ransure, if you honestly can't kill either of these two ships, your not either trying hard enough or something is not right. I mean, I nearly whipped the floor with you in a Recon cruiser. On the details of a nomad battleship, those are rare things to see, their overpowered but rarely anyone gets to use them anyways.

If you cant counter a ship that turns almost as slow as a barge, that being the Marduk then there is something honestly wrong with your TS-skill...
(05-24-2015, 02:56 AM)Shizune Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2015, 02:48 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea so In regards to this, I really think that this should get passed, mako is not able to counter the OPness of the Geb, I've tried literally EVERYTHING and it's not possible to beat the Geb with a mako ( unless the player sucks or it has less armor), also as far as larger battleships like the legate, ransuer, and marduk there needs to be something that can really duel those battleships efficiently.

An OP Core battleship that can kill everything. How about no, get some RP to make these ships, why their OP, why you should inRP have them and all that, and I might consister it. Oh, and before you complain that the Mako can't do it. Ever try something called a destroyer? Its lighter, powerful and out turns a Geb and can easily destroy a Geb and Osiris by itself. I know it might be hard to take in that such a SMALL cap can do THAT much damage, but believe me, if you work as hard such as Carter, you to might defeat Geb's in Destroyers to!

In all seriousness, I honestly don't think the Core need an OP ship, they can kill everything on their own and their rather good. If you can get Lyth to agree to this and perhaps make an RP about how to make these ships then sure, why not.

Also I have to ask.

How can you NOT counter one of the heavier and less defender CARRIER'S of discovery? How can you NOT kill one? But also the Legate and Ransure, if you honestly can't kill either of these two ships, your not either trying hard enough or something is not right. I mean, I nearly whipped the floor with you in a Recon cruiser. On the details of a nomad battleship, those are rare things to see, their overpowered but rarely anyone gets to use them anyways.

If you cant counter a ship that turns almost as slow as a barge, that being the Marduk then there is something honestly wrong with your TS-skill...

The mako cannot out turn the Geb, the Geb has the fastest turn rate in the game it's smaller than an Osiris and has the armor of a kirk, I'm not sure what you are thinking on that front.

It doesn't have to be op just enough to fight heavier bs like what I mentioned, and again core will only be allowed lik 3 so lolwuts don't use them.

I wanted to SRP a lib dread but ppl on skype shut me down within seconds, claiming the leaders of house factions would never want that so I abandoned that front.

If you think I'm bad I would gladly settle it in conn tomorrow, the geb is really powerful bs I'm not sure what you are saying. No hate.

I talked with lyth and he agreed, he actually recommended the idea of doing hardcore RP with APM so we can get like 2.
Also as far as your last statement with the marduk, I can, but it's hard at 900m when a nom crusier is cding you, also TSing in a mako is the worst thing to do, so Im not sure what you are thinking there also.
You're assuming as if all geb users and all mako/thresher users actually know what they are doing, and have the best of understanding.
Well no, not all have the skill to use the ship at their disposal to its best abilities, and trying to balance things with accordance to such claim would leave you nowhere.

A geb could kill a thresher if the pilot knows what they're doing, and the other way around. Same goes for makos-ossies, now maybe you are right that the mako is underpowered when it comes to fighting geb's to some extend, but that doesn't mean you are in need of a whole new ship just because whatever.

Also I haven't seen gebs TS'ing, maybe only in conn, so where did that come from? Since you come up with how tiny geb is, the thresher and bottlenose are tiny as hell too and thus somewhat OP, but people that fight against them still try to do their best with what they already have, and some of them succeed due to skill and not stats.

And with regards to the model, it looks more like a bretonian/liberty ship to me, but thats only my opinion.

EDIT: You should also consider the impact on balance of that ship if being added to AP line. The whole AP line follows a certain shaping, from snubs to caps, and adding a cap that has little to no resemblance with that shaping (being even more combat friendly) would bring you on even a higher OP level, since running around with it along with a thresher on your side, would be pretty much like "kill everything you see".
(05-24-2015, 03:39 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]You're assuming as if all geb users and all mako/thresher users actually know what they are doing, and have the best of understanding.
Well no, not all have the skill to use the ship at their disposal to its best abilities, and trying to balance things with accordance to such claim would leave you nowhere.

A geb could kill a thresher if the pilot knows what they're doing, and the other way around. Same goes for makos-ossies, now maybe you are right that the mako is underpowered when it comes to fighting geb's to some extend, but that doesn't mean you are in need of a whole new ship just because whatever.

Also I haven't seen gebs TS'ing, maybe only in conn, so where did that come from? Since you come up with how tiny geb is, the thresher and bottlenose are tiny as hell too and thus somewhat OP, but people that fight against them still try to do their best with what they already have, and some of them succeed due to skill and not stats.

And with regards to the model, it looks more like a bretonian/liberty ship to me, but thats only my opinion.

EDIT: You should also consider the impact on balance of that ship if being added to AP line. The whole AP line follows a certain shaping, from snubs to caps, and adding a cap that has little to no resemblance with that shaping (being even more combat friendly) would bring you on even a bigger OP level, since running around with it along with a thresher on your side, would be pretty much like "kill everything you see".

Most Geb pilots I fight know how, andrezj and you do, I kill all others without skill, but those numbers are few, it's not just the Geb, but other things like cau8 Marduks uncloaking 2 feet next to you and draining all of your regens when your half way charged your cruise engines. Also the Murmillo is capable of taking down the mako too, not as well as the Geb, but still you can see my point.

As I've stated before we will limit the number of krakens we'd have so it doesn't get super excessive, I don't QQ that hard.

The thresher is op against bs but in crusier duels it can be raped easily, the same goes for the bottlenose, and the orca is garbage, in Conn I get gebs tsing against valors and some heavy bs and with the shape and turn rate it's really hard. Against light bs all you need to do is charge.

It does but really, there will probs will be more QQ when I'm dropping everyone with a SRP lib dread. And I do think core should get a 2nd bs class given every other faction in the omicrons but the noms and ai have 2 BS classes.
Isn't there a thread regarding Core Battleship? I mean why making a new thread if you could express you feelings there?

And btw... Mako isn't bad, just learn to use it properly?
1. Not entirely true, as not all know how to blindshoot and strafe properly, there are tactics that could bring you on top while flying a mako against a geb, and that's my point, just hone those tactics.

2. No comment here

3. I was thinking about thresher-battleship fights, you have two OP'ed ships that can deal great damage to a battleship while kiting all of its fire, that being the bottlenose and the thresher, that are seen on the field fairly often (and of course they are supposed to kill heavier ships) but adding this entirely new model to the picture would make things more OP.

4. Your ship line is complete and balanced aka lets see at Order - they have a carrier, but they don't have a battlecruiser etc. And I would prefer fighting with an overlord than with something that resembles the model being suggested, as it looks pretty OP - having a fwd gun and both strafe and TS friendly shape is a no go for balance, hence why valor has its fwd gun being a "compensation" for its rubbish TS abilities.
(05-24-2015, 04:36 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a thread regarding Core Battleship? I mean why making a new thread if you could express you feelings there?

There is but that's more for feedback on the model, I figured I'd make this for RP justification, as well as thoughs pvp wise about why we should have it, that thread as he stated was for the model itself.
RP Justification?

How would you say The Core made a new Battleship with small source of resources for example? I really don't see a point of adding new Ship for The Core if they have complete Ship Line.

About Order, OC and Sairs... Ye they have Light and Heavy variant of Battleships... APM has Battlecruiser and two gunships. No need to add another Battleship just because you can't kill a Geb?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5