Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Deleting colonial battleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea so looking through the wiki I saw the colonials did in fact have a battleship.
Just wondering why was it deleted? Some kinda inRP disaster aka gallic invasion? Or was it something else? Just curious, thanks in advance for answers.
coz it sucked and was replaced with the old zephyr carrier from 4.85. people seem to like the zephyr model more than the kronos bs
(05-29-2015, 04:55 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea so looking through the wiki I saw the colonials did in fact have a battleship.
Just wondering why was it deleted? Some kinda inRP disaster aka gallic invasion? Or was it something else? Just curious, thanks in advance for answers.
As the Zephyr's infocard states, the in-universe explanation for its replacement was the Republic's lack of resources for construction of the Kronos-class battleship; not sure about the OORP reasoning behind it, though.
Quote:"While the original Zephyr was outmatched by Outcast and Gallic capital ships, the Colonial Military quickly realised it did not have the resources to construct the newly designed Kronos class ships in sufficient numbers. Opting for flexibility over brute force, Colonial engineers set out to overhaul the obsolete Zephyr Carrier design, to turn it into a heavy support ship that relied on the successful Thanatos cruiser and the proven Nyx and Pytho strikecraft to deliver the punch."
(05-29-2015, 04:59 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2015, 04:55 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea so looking through the wiki I saw the colonials did in fact have a battleship.
As the Zephyr's infocard explains: "While the original Zephyr was outmatched by Outcast and Gallic capital ships, the Colonial Military quickly realised it did not have the resources to construct the newly designed Kronos class ships in sufficient numbers. Opting for flexibility over brute force, Colonial engineers set out to overhaul the obsolete Zephyr Carrier design, to turn it into a heavy support ship that relied on the successful Thanatos cruiser and the proven Nyx and Pytho strikecraft to deliver the punch."

Ok thanks, yea I figured it was some RP reason or maybe that. But I also thought they would have made a new battleship class instead, I have yet to try the colonial carrier it's the last bs Im getting, but anyways thanks!
By "new battleship class" I mean a new battleship in addition to the carrier little bit of typos there.
Some former leaders of the CR player faction didnt like the Kronos and got the Zephyr back, thats essentially all of the story.