Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Player here!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there to the whole community! Smile

Im a usual Freelancer player (once every 2-3 months i reinstall and play the sp!!) and i found out about discovery while searching for a graphical mod to pump-up the game and im trying to get used to the server.
Reading 140/150 players just made my day Big Grin, Great job even on modding the whole environment texts and so on...really good job to devs for this and the Factions...so much story / docs to read, i can understand that theres a lot of work behind this and its really AMAZING ^^
Im trying to read any tutorial or codex or rule to understand how to play properly without getting spanked/punished but some things are kinda obscure to me like:
  • - Is it possible to use the SwagPack to enhance the graphic on the server? (i've read that its 4.87 compatible but i couldnt understand if it is 4.88
  • - I can't seem to survive missions that are on difficulty 21 or more (i've a very heavy fighter), this is normal or im missing something?
  • - And the most important of all i feel kinda alone sometime i did not understand how to join chat groups? or these are party only chats?I see factions use skype but since im still not in one or just where does new players can chat to get and share some love? Big Grin
  • - I was wondering if i can get a rename of the player since i would like to use the first / last name due to the RP or this can be done by the faction leaders?

Well i guess thats enough questions for now ! See you all in game peeps!
(06-02-2015, 01:07 PM)roninzone Wrote: [ -> ]- Is it possible to use the SwagPack to enhance the graphic on the server? (i've read that its 4.87 compatible but i couldnt understand if it is 4.88

Yes It's allowed, mods that change .ini files are NOT allowed and you can be banned for having them. Most of the graphical enhancement mods don't contain any .ini files, but be sure to check the mods before downloading.

(06-02-2015, 01:07 PM)roninzone Wrote: [ -> ]- I can't seem to survive missions that are on difficulty 21 or more (i've a very heavy fighter), this is normal or im missing something?

You probably need more practice, also an Armor Upgrade helps. Just keep practicing on the missions, train your aim and evasion.

(06-02-2015, 01:07 PM)roninzone Wrote: [ -> ]- And the most important of all i feel kinda alone sometime i did not understand how to join chat groups? or these are party only chats?I see factions use skype but since im still not in one or just where does new players can chat to get and share some love? Big Grin

I think there is one for new players, PM me your Skype ID and I'll make sure to add you there.

(06-02-2015, 01:07 PM)roninzone Wrote: [ -> ]- I was wondering if i can get a rename of the player since i would like to use the first / last name due to the RP or this can be done by the faction leaders?

Yeah, you can do it on your own. Although, it costs 2.000.000 credits. You use it in-game with a command /renameme

Official factions have their tags password protected, so you won't be able to rename until you join that faction.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact any player tagged [Angels] in-game or drop me a Forum PM! You can also add me on skype: stefixsrb

Cheers mate and have fun!

~[Angels]Foochow
Welcome aboard !

First of all, a few things which can keep you safe from sanctions : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334
Second, a tutorial gathering, most of is is yet to be updated, but you can get the basic idea of things : http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178

-Swaqg Pack works with the current version ( I'm using it as well)
-Missions were tweaked a bit, they are not as easy as vanilla FL missions, but they tend to give you more credits as well.
-Skype chats are usually faction based, so every faction has it's own, there are chats like "house unlawful" or "house emergency" channels, faction leaders can possibly add you there
-you can rename your own "characters" any time for 2 million credits, just don't forget, FL doesn't support space , so use a dot or coma Big Grin
More on server commands can be found here : http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Server_Commands

also, there is a "restart" system, which gives you a partially discovered NAV map, faction IFF and reputation, as well as putting you to the zone of operation for said faction. More on this here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=104707

Some of the links are still for the previous mode, but the mechanics stayed the same.

Good luck out there Smile

Edit: Ninja'd by the Foochow Angel Tongue Big Grin