Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What have I turned into
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in 2011 I first thought: "Oh wouldn't it be good to make a replacement for a Homeworld ship?" I was bugged so much with how out of the place they looked in Freelancer that I start learning how to make models.

In 2012 I've ended up with my first submission, Gitano, Junker LF replacement.
In 2013 it was X-Shuttle and Firefly replacements (though I never knew for sure how each of them ended up being named)
In 2014/2015 it was Sunburst.

For all this time I've learned a lot of 2D/3D modelling software. I bet I was influenced to enroll on aviation engineering faculty by the fact I had worked with models a lot by that time. And I have actually manage to do it because of my high level of knowledge of English, which I mostly learned HERE. Basically, my lifeway now was settled back in days when I played Discovery, believe it or not

And now I am here, a third-year university student, making a gear pump solid model, finished major part with 666 edges (sun)
Same stuff like we do at at school...

Though we have Solid Edge software, it makes it kinda easier and better... My opinion *worry*
That's not a pump. It's a confirmed new GMG gunboat. Just look at these curves! <3
Solid Edge FTW
Heyy that's pretty nice man (Y) I've gone through a tutorial on making ships for freelaner, and i'm currently working for the new upholder model on milkshape, but thats as far as editing goes, so i dont really expect me to be some pro modeler on starting things from scratch etc Tongue

maybe if i need some help i could poke/pm you? xd
(06-03-2015, 10:40 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]Same stuff like we do at at school...

Though we have Solid Edge software, it makes it kinda easier and better... My opinion *worry*

I am rather out of options because most of products are for commercial use.
I have ended up with fresh version of FreeCAD and being satisfied with it. It might be not as intuitive as, let's say, SolidWorks, which we have at university, thus, may be, not as fast to work with, but it satisfies all my personal needs.

I've peeked at BRL-CAD couple of times, but never managed to work with it enough to get a feeling about it.
(06-03-2015, 10:44 PM)Arbs Wrote: [ -> ]Heyy that's pretty nice man (Y) I've gone through a tutorial on making ships for freelaner, and i'm currently working for the new upholder model on milkshape, but thats as far as editing goes, so i dont really expect me to be some pro modeler on starting things from scratch etc Tongue

maybe if i need some help i could poke/pm you? xd

Feel free to poke me on Skype.
Moreover, It'd be great for DGC to have a new modeler(s) as, I bet, neither of oldies are active enough.
By the way, CFD anyone?
Got Solid Edge for my mech/avi engy construction class, aswell. Good program for sure.
I'll just be over here in my corner, drafting things up with a pencil and a good scale.