Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Non Lethal Weapon, Is It Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an idea that maybe works theoretically, but it may requires a few hairsplitting tweaks in order to make it works.

My idea is: Non Lethal Weapon

The working principle of this non lethal weapon is similar to bean bag round of shotgun. It hurts, but just immobilize the victim due to the pain caused from the soft round.
But what makes it different from bean bag round is that this non lethal weapon only temporarily removed its victim capability to fire his/her weapons (It's like when you pressed mine drop, missile, cd, fire button, etc during cruise, you heard 'clank' sound which indicates that you can't do the stuffs from the mentioned buttons. Call it The Clank).

Simply, it works like this:
1.Pew! We shot the target with the non lethal weapon
2.Bonk! We hit the target! We caused The Clank on the target temporarily
3.Ouch! The target lose his/her capability to fire weapons temporarily due to The Clank

In conclusion, i want a weapon that trigger The Clank like when we're in cruise.
To prevent the user from OP, of course it needs much energies.

Is it possible to implement it in disco?
A weapon which would drop your shields and put your powerplant at 1% regen (Not even enough regen for cruise) makes sense. Though it would be annoying as hell and nothing stops you from E E E E E Eing yourself to escape.

EDIT: Eh, other than the fact that you have no core.
Maybe not the shields, as you already have weapons that do shield dmg only, but this powerplant thing sounds interesting. It would make simply escaping from an encounter even more difficult, therefore causeing more pew pew I guess.

Edit :
Also, to prevent it as mentioned, it could be FL Hook based, like docking modules and such, ( it could be used for the extra hyperstatial module some transports, cruisers and whatever has) or something like that.

Like you sellect your target, type /disable and it's powercore would drop for x amount of time. However, once used, the equipment needs y amount of time to be used again, therefore iw should be used wisely.
Uhm, this weapon does no damage at all (non lethal, remember?).
But only make your opponent unable to fire their weapons for awhile.

CD triggers the 'No Cruise' period.
And this weapon triggers 'The Clank'(or 'No Pew'?) period.

The purpose of this weapon is to make pew pew harder(when your ship caught the bullet) but also easier(when your opponent ship caught the bullet)
(06-04-2015, 09:28 AM)The Liberty Rogues Wrote: [ -> ]A weapon which would drop your shields and put your powerplant at 1% regen (Not even enough regen for cruise) makes sense. Though it would be annoying as hell and nothing stops you from E E E E E Eing yourself to escape.

Aka pulse cannons. Apart from shield damage, it'd be nice if pulse cannons had that kinda abilities.
0 powercore should mean no pew pew, however it's true that CDs are there for cruise ... dunno then, making another weapon in stead of CD , so a pilot could chose to take CDs or EMP missiles ( let's call it this ). This could give more diversion in weapons.

( Might be a stupid idea but it just hit me Smile )
Actually, you know what we should do? Somehow give pulse weapons such as debs more of an impact on a powerplant. So in group fights we could use ships with dedicated pulse loadouts to subdue enemies.
(06-04-2015, 10:29 AM)The Liberty Rogues Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, you know what we should do? Somehow give pulse weapons such as debs more of an impact on a powerplant. So in group fights we could use ships with dedicated pulse loadouts to subdue enemies.

+1 Food for thought - When it comes to caps, pulse cannons disrupting cruise would be useful, and I assume easy to balance because pulses' proj speed is slow, and therefore the chances of a cap pulsing another cap that is already in cruise are thin, unless its close enough and flying in a straight direction. This might be very useful in group fights, where ships that can mount pulses would have a limited CD ability with regards to their ship class.

As for snubs, this ain't really my area, but I guess it might work like this - snub pulse weapon abilities effective against smaller craft (too weak for larger craft), cap pulse weapon abilities effective against larger craft (projectile speed too slow to hit smaller craft).

EDIT: Another idea - have cap pulses drain the target's power while jumpdrives requiring X amount of available power at the moment of the jump charge, that may balance things fairly well and there won't be any need for separate JD disruptors.
Don't paralyzer missiles do that already?
I'd also say that Pulses should hurt powerplants more.
We ran some tests yesterday, which showed that a Battletransport with Pulses cannot drain the core of a GB. That was kind of disappointing to see.

It would open interesting strategies over all classes when you could "deny core" to attackers, thus not killing them, but reducing/neutralizing their dps output.

P.S. Wrong account. Jack, ofc.
Pages: 1 2