Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Swallow's modding. [SHIPS TOOLS TUTORIALS VIDEOS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
DISCOVERY SHIPS MODEL SECTION
MODELING AND MODDING TOOLS

MODELING AND MODDING RESOURCES

MODELING AND MODDING TUTORIALS (VIDEOS ARE HERE)
Please do not post in this thread, use respective forum threads for models, or a feedback thread, linked below.
Feedback and suggestions
DISCOVERY SHIPS MODEL SECTION

Not maintained anymore.

[FINISHED]

LH Bomber - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
OC AT - <no Sketchfab link> | p3d.in link | Forum thread
LH VHF - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Civilian carrier - <no Sketchfab link> | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Civilian shuttle - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
GMG gunboat - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Player's SRP BDM battlecruiser* - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | < No thread >
Jackal pirate LF - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Havoc Mk III bomber - Sketchfab link | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Sunburst freighter - <no Sketchfab link> | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Serenity transport - <no Sketchfab link> | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Voyager freighter - <no Sketchfab link> | p3d.in link | Forum thread
Gitano Junker LF** - <no Sketchfab link> | <no p3d.in link> | Forum thread

And more, I am not bothering updating this post anymore, just see p3d.

* - There is no information on whether this SRP is being worked on or not. I decided to not take any more SRPs until I deal with the bigger part of the list.
** - For some reason it is located in /DATA/SHIPS/DISCOVERY/crackpuch/ folder.
MODELING AND MODDING TOOLS

[ONE STOP MODELING TOOLS]

BLENDER - YOUR EVERYDAY MODELING TOOL
Choose this free software for getting started or advancing, you will not regret once you get in.

MODEL TOOLS - ALL YOU NEED TO CONVERT AND EDIT YOUR MODEL
This package contains all the necessary tools to convert your finished model and textures into [.cmp], [.mat] and [.sur], as well as set up the hardpoints, resize and view the meshes. Those tools were taken from the "FL tools" package and as well as from the other Internet resources.

Use LancerEdit instead, it comes with LibreLancer https://librelancer.net/downloads.html

[FREELANCER MODDING TOOLS PACKAGES]

FL TOOLS PACKAGE - A COMPILATION OF MOST EXISTING TOOLS TO WORK WITH FREELANCER
Originally found here. Contains vast amount of tools, patches, resources for FL modding. And even more.
FREELANCER MOD STUDIO 1.2 - AN IDE TO EASE YOUR MODDING
Great implementation of a 3D system editor, intuitive, modern, smooth. Includes numerous features apart from this.
Originally found here.

[FREELANCER MODDING TOOLS]

FL infocard IE tool
FL Infocard Importer/Exporter by
This program imports and exports FLDev style infocard files into Freelancer string
table and infocard resource dlls. It checks for dll and infocard file correctness
and will complain if faults are found. Where possible it will attempt to automatically
fix errors.
GenNiks RU/EN
A very handy tool to generate bunch of fine nicknames, simple and useful, poorly translated into English by me, the original link is unknown.
MODELING AND MODDING RESOURCES

[SHIPS AND TEXTURES]

VANILLA SHIP MODELS AND VANILLA TEXTURES
Package contains vanilla models in ms3d (Milkshape) format and vanilla DDS textures. Use those to work in Freelancer's style.

MY OLD AND MASSDRIVER'S TEXTURES
A thread with textures used for submitted ships, and texture composition guidelines.

[GENERAL FREELANCER MODDING RESOURCES]

TOTAL CONVERSION MOD STARTER PACK - START YOUR OWN FL MOD WITH THIS
Package contains a [.flmod] file (the one, which is used by a Freelancer mod manager (FLMM)) which you have to unpack from [.zip] and double-click to install in you FLMM mods folder. FLMM could be found in "FL tools/patches" package folder, or by dedicated link. The Starter pack page is here.
ADOXA'S PLUGINS, LIST OF USEFUL OFFSETS - EXTENDING THE FREELANCER'S ABILITIES AND FINEUTNING
Adoxa's contribution into FL modding, originally found here. Offset list provides useful values that are to be edited in Freelancer.exe and .dll files using a hex-editor, originally found here.
Not valid anymore
We are under construction at the moment. Moving all the files onto Google Drive instead of Dropbox, no one will be bothered by pop-ups anymore.

Please do not post in this thread, use respective forum threads.
Added the "Resources" section which includes vanilla models and textures, 's and mine custom textures and a total conversion starter pack to start own LF mod. Also updated the ship list with respective forum thread links.
Slightly reworked Tools section. Linked the FL infocard IE tool, which was rather hard to find. If you have useful tools not found in FL tools package proceed them in feedback thread, I will link them up.

Finished the table of contents (first post).

On behalf of video tutorials, modelling lessons and shipmaking - once I finish my semester everything will be done!

I will appreciate the feedback and suggestions.
Added a handy (best, IMO) nick generator, see Tools section.
It allows batch generation and is quite flexible, supports pre-sets.
Updated WIP section in ships.
Pages: 1 2 3 4