Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Canary Wharf Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Canary Wharf Station
[Image: 9md2RSf.png?3]

Synopsis:
Canary Wharf station is owned and operated by Borderworld Exports (Bowex), with a number of other groups maintaining office space aboard. Office space is currently available to let, with many of Bretonia’s more affluent corporations scrambling for space. Canary Wharf provides an alternate public outlet for Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing (BMM) products, complementing the largely restricted internal warehouse services offered by Thames Outpost.

As the station expands, it is rumoured that Bowex will be moving more of its executive functions aboard, including directorial cabinet meetings and headquarters support staff. In this capacity it is expected it will serve as a long awaited replacement for Glasgow Outpost. The prestigious orbital position outside Planet New London is also representative of the image Bowex aggressively markets: well connected, and close to Bretonia’s political heart.

Unlike Bowex’s previous New London facility, King’s Cross, Canary Wharf will not use docking permits as a method of subsidising operational costs. Instead, the facility will be entirely open to all honest citizens who maintain a civil relationship with both Bowex and Bretonia on a wider level. The station’s grand public opening was announced on the 8th June 822, with operations as a cargo transit point beginning from that date.

Services:
A number of BMM’s products are currently stocked on the station, which acts as a cargo transit point. Station logistics control welcomes external shippers to bring in Reinforced Alloy, Food, Oxygen or Water as a connecting cargo from their previous destination to the station.

Gold ore:
Buy/Sell: $2,750.

Beryllium ore:
Buy/Sell: $2,500.

In addition to commercial products, Canary Wharf also offers a number of convenient equipment options, saving pilots the hassle of searching around for the most popular hardware. When looking to make purchases of our stocked equipment, Canary Wharf’s trained and enthusiastic technicians will also see to installation and for a small fee can undertake any necessary repairs for damage your vessel may have incurred during your travels.

Most notably, Canary Wharf is famous Sirius-wide for its role in producing Cloak Disruption technologies in partnership with the Liberty Navy. Intended primarily for the forces of the BAF and LN, these disruptors have already earned themselves a stellar track record in flawlessly exposing enemy forces, enabling their rapid destruction. A number of these devices have been marketed to external parties who are felt to operate in Bretonia's best interests. Enquires and purchase orders can be logged with the Canary Wharf Requisition Centre.

Cloak Disruptors (Band A): Bowex, BMM, BAF, LN:
$250,000,000.

Cloak Disruptors (Band B): All other eligible parties:
$275,000,000.

As a stopping over point, Canary Wharf will have a number of recreational options on offer, including a public bar, and private halls (bar inc.) for booking, perfect for corporate event days or functions. Presently these facilities are undergoing construction and renovation, although they will be opened for use shortly. Temporary bunks may be rented for those wishing to stop overnight, refreshing themselves before what is sure to be another great commercial endeavour the next (subjective) morning!

Humanitarian Aid:
Borderworld Exports is dedicated to the alleviation of suffering for all Bretonian citizens, especially those afflicted by the horrors of war in the Leeds system. Consequently, Bowex has invested heavily in rescuing as many refugees as possible from the predations of the GRN. Canary Wharf has thrown open its doors as a temporary housing platform for evacuees that are en-route to Planet Sprague for permanent re-homing.

Captains possessing of both sufficient standing and appropriate vessels may participate in this humanitarian effort after depositing a security bond of $2,500 per passenger transited. Borderworld Exports will refund this deposit in addition to awarding a further $5,594 writ of compensation upon said passengers' safe arrival on Planet Sprague.

1. "Appropriate vessel" in this context refers to: freighters, liners and transports possessing of internal pressurised cargo bays that are certified for human conveyance, i.e. the Percheron, Mammoth, Behemoth, etc.
  2. "Inappropriate vessel" in this context refers to: vessels utilising cargo pods and transports possessing of de-pressurised cargo bays that are not certified for human conveyance, i.e. the Shetland, Mastodon and Colossus, etc.

CAUTION: Captains who are found to have endangered refugees by coercing them into an inappropriate class of vessel will be blacklisted from Canary Wharf and denied further use of the station's facilities.
hello there this a BMM and miner and trader been selling and buying ore from here but lately finding it hard to sell a good amout and buy a good amount of gold ore i understand your going though a upgrade i have a few boys will to sell and buy gold as soon as we can fill it with a good amount we all want to become space rich so make the room and we sell thank you redrussian/beargrills
Incoming Transmission from Scarborough Station, Newcastle
[Image: 1HWlf.png]
To: beargrills
Priority: Low
Topic: Gold Ore

Message Contents:

Oh, hello there! My name is Emily Hope and I am the Director of Colonial Authority. Canary Wharf Station has been buying and selling Gold Ore for a long time now and we've seen an ever increasing interest in the Ore. We do our best to keep the stock flowing, however sometimes it goes beyond our reach as stock can come in quite fast.

In order to keep stock going, I can add your neural net to a channel on the neural net that will allow you to inform us when the base is ether full or empty. Get in contact with me here and find my S.K.Y.P.3 Protocol and add me.

In the mean time, can I interest you or those miners into a new job? Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing have been recruiting for a while and they could use the extra help. I urge you to fill out an application.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot them my way!

Thank you!

Emily Hope
Director of Colonial Authority
Borderworld Exports
Transmission End
Good day,
My name is Jan, Capt Wiljan of the ""Gogga"" IMG Cargo ship. I'm an independent miner/ Cargo transporter.
I have recently found a source of aluminum ore. Although Southampton Shipyard pays the best prices, I can not dock there any more.
If you are interested, I would like to trade with your station, so it can be profitable for both of us. For your transporters, it would be a short lane jump to sell it at the highest price available.
Please let me know if you would be interested.
Thank you
Capt Wiljan
....message received...

To: Canary Wharf Station

Greetings, i am a Daumann Heavy Contruction Worker, i have been working together with Bowex for a time now by delivering your Gold Ore to New-Berlin.
Now i wasn't able to get my load of Ore which is quite important for our business, the Daumann Heavy Contruction Company would be glad if you could restore your Gold Ore.

Thank you.

...message closed...