Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I'm Ryujin and i am new to the community and RP.
I have been playing for like 2 days now, just exploring a small part of the universe. I am totally in love in Discovery Freelancer. It is sooo awesome!
I really look forward to exploring the universe and playing RP.
I have but one problem . It is a bit lonely. I come by myself , not invited from anyone and i do not bring anyone with me, and since as a start i want to explore every corner of the universe i will not be able to stay at one place for ...well ... long time. Because of this i do not have much opportunities to participate in RP and thus learn how to properly do it.
If there is someone that would want to explore the universe like me, lets team up Smile . ( and by universe i do mean systems, ships, different activities, in general everything that has been created ).
I would also gladly join a faction , witch activities could show me interesting parts of the galaxy.

See you out there
Welcome bud. Nice having you here.
Welcome thre
Welcome Ryujin to Discovery Community,

I'm Mark_Brown (Better known as Bellck) the leader of the Gas Miners Guild, part of the Freelance role which where you start is a start of a new exciting adventure, there's lots of opportunities and factions within Discovery.
These characters fly single-seater ships, exploring the planets and space stations of 48 (And Disco Added) known star systems. They also engage in dogfights with other pilots (player- and computer-controlled) to protect traders or engage in piracy themselves. Other player activities include bounty-hunting and commodity trading.

Us, the Gas Miners (Up in Sigma and Okinawa) - Past Honshu, are miners, we mine goods from astoriods in space and sell them on local stations to be then sold to factions who do commodity trading, or we simply haul it ourselves.

The reason i'm telling you all this, I think the GMG can be your first starter point in Discovery, as making money with us, doesn't come much easier. We can also give you a starter loan (providing you pay it back with using GMG characters then we'll happily grant you a few nice ships to get you on your trip, once you've finished with us, simply let us know and leave the faction and move on to your next. All you have to do, is sign up here > http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13845

Part and parcel of this is welcoming new people to this community, not for the better of the GMG but if we can help new ones move on to different parts of the game i.e, become a police officer or a pirate then so be it. We'll happily help you out from start to finish and give you the insites and rules of the game. I personally have been here no less than 6 years, so lets face it. I know what I'm talking about here... Its your call though.

Either way, welcome to the community, see you in space!

Bellck
If you like racing then AFC (The archangels fighter club) official faction is factions nice choice.

But as you are new you should consider joining a mining faction Smile

Welcome to the game
Greeting! If you feel likee you're about to learn making 3D models - feel free to poke me anytime you wish. Enjoy your stay here.
Welcome aboard!

Exploring places ins good, but if you want to get familiar with RP, try staying in one area for a bit, get to know things and then it's all up to you where to go next. If you need any help to start, feel free to drop a PM Smile

(06-09-2015, 01:32 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Greeting! If you feel likee you're about to learn making 3D models - feel free to poke me anytime you wish. Enjoy your stay here.

Does that go to old members as well ? Big Grin
Welcome to the community!

It is fun and exciting universe, sometimes space is harsh, sometimes it is beautiful, you make friends, and you make enemies. I wish you the best in your endeavors!
There are a lot of different factions, read about them on the WiKi and decide which aspect is that you wish to immerse the most!

We are at Kishiro always welcome new members, we make decent earnings by flying large transport vessels across all corners of Sirius. And we are a prey for many pirates, and criminals out there, which adds a lot to the thrill. Big Grin

Good luck and never hesitate to ask any questions from the community and myself, it helps a lot at the beginning.
(06-09-2015, 01:44 PM)Oldum Wrote: [ -> ]Does that go to old members as well ? Big Grin
It does but with no warranty, like GPL.
Thank you all for the warm welcome Smile
I really did not expect you guys to be so fast and well ... warm . This community is really something. I am very happy to be part of it .
Going with GMG as a start cuz they were first + Dwayne Johnson ( i do not have any other reference to choose Big Grin).
Hope to see you all in game.
Pages: 1 2