Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Haven Docking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the past few days, I've noticed large amounts of unlawfuls, especially Outcasts, Corsairs etc., who have no business having so many and such large ships in the area, spontaneously appearing inside New York, ready for a raid, and proceeded to shoot down anything that moves. It has been the same ones several times.
Tonight, however, I discovered that they had been abusing the PvP freedom of Conneticut to gather large forces of Outcasts, namely two Outcast Destroyers (with several fighters and possibly a gunboat), by storing their army inside Conneticut, docking at New Haven, and sitting tight till they judged that it was safe for them to raid New York, with the odds incredibly stacked in their favour. Two bombers and a battleship do not fair well against that many enemies, and even less so a single bomber.

My point is this: Is it against the rules for people to abuse the freedom of Conneticut in this way?

I realise they could have easily docked to one of the other unlawful bases in New York, but it also means we cannot pursue them, although we can undock and attack them as many times as we wish. These ships have no business sitting inside New York, they should be way out in the Omicron's.
' Wrote:Over the past few days, I've noticed large amounts of unlawfuls, especially Outcasts, Corsairs etc., who have no business having so many and such large ships in the area, spontaneously appearing inside New York, ready for a raid, and proceeded to shoot down anything that moves. It has been the same ones several times.
Tonight, however, I discovered that they had been abusing the PvP freedom of Conneticut to gather large forces of Outcasts, namely two Outcast Destroyers (with several fighters and possibly a gunboat), by storing their army inside Conneticut, docking at New Haven, and sitting tight till they judged that it was safe for them to raid New York, with the odds incredibly stacked in their favour. Two bombers and a battleship do not fair well against that many enemies, and even less so a single bomber.

My point is this: Is it against the rules for people to abuse the freedom of Connecticut in this way?

I realise they could have easily docked to one of the other unlawful bases in New York, but it also means we cannot pursue them, although we can undock and attack them as many times as we wish. These ships have no business sitting inside New York, they should be way out in the Omicron's.

They can just as safely use the junker base in NY or Texas, any Lane Hacker base in nearby system will work as well. Connecticut should not be used for force gathering as users in it are ignored by the outside systems but they do have nearby alternatives.
For a while I had my XA eagle annoyingly stuck on new haven. Took it there for a little practice, then every time I tried to leave found the JH on the NY side being camped by a pair of gunboats.... Highly annoying.
I Agree, using Connecticut is just lazy. Rochester is a perfectly viable alternitive. So you have to dodge a few pieces of junk, no big deal for a skilled pilot. Buffalo can be irritating due to the dynamic rocky nature of the badlands, and getting caps through that, especially bigger ones, is a pain in the arse. I dunno, just my 2 cents

The more irritating fact about this situation is that the sole reason these people use connecticut as a base, is because of its nature as an OORP system, in addition to its proximity to Fort Bush. Such ships using New Haven as a base are able to raid in that area, and if necessary, flee back into Connecticut. Because Connecticut is an OORP System, i would believe it to be OORP to attack from there. These pirates can just as easily dock at:

Mactan - California to Leeds or Manchester Routes
Alcatraz - New York to Magellan or Cortez Routes
Rochester - Manhattan / Fort Bush to Colorado Routes
Buffalo - Routes between Norfolk, West Point, and into Texas
LR Destroyer - Routes between Manhattan, Westpoint, and into California
Beaumont Base - Routes between Texas and New York

Theres absolutely no reason for them to need to use New Haven, Connecticut as a base.
If i missed anything it will be editted in later.
Hmmm, I was wondering about that, I just thought they came into NY because they were bored, then flew back to wherever........
My guess is that since it is an oorp system, just screen shot them all coming from there and going back there afterwords and file a scantion report if it really bothers you. Then we'll see what the Admins say about the whole mess.
Against the rules? No.

Bad form? Yes. I wouldn't do it. :\ Sometimes on leaving I've been engaged, but I've never set out to pick a fight from Connecticut.
If the system is being used to launch attacks from, then it will possibly be considered as OORP behaviour,
and reputations can be adjusted accordingly ... Not good form at all.

Hoodlum
' Wrote:Against the rules? No.

Actually, as Connecticut is a pvp-oorp system, using it to launch attacks should be against the rules. Also, I, personally, consider fleeing from your enemies to Connecticut pretty much the same as F1'ing, or even worse.
Pages: 1 2 3