Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PRIME| Feedback Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This thread is for giving feedback for the <PRIME> faction, if you have any inquiries please contact the faction leader PKPower. Any Questions you may have might be answered in the links below. This includes the majority of <PRIME>'s lore and backstory.

Bumping this thread, I like to hear everyones opinions on what is being done right and wrong. I appreciate any and all feedback, but lets keep this to a safe and legitimate level. I don't appreciate trolling, flaming, or salt in these kinds of threads. (sun)
Hi guys,
I'm kinda trying to roleplay with you here
Posting here because I assume you guys might know best; what's the status on the AI infocards and AI NPCs?
Further to a brief earlier discussion in OFL chat, I want to stress my extreme disappointment with how my earlier 'interaction' went.

I don't need two razor cruisers trying to blast me while I'm engaged in a snub duel - particularly when it's a Manta vs an AI Drone, for God's sake. I am not sure how you and the others involved (Auxesia) weren't happy enough with sawing through the rest of the Core present without taking any losses and decided that you absolutely couldn't even consider conceding even one snub blue to the other side, but it offends me greatly from a fair play perspective. If you had no intent of allowing the duel to go on at all, then you should have just told me to piss off from the beginning. I would have appreciated that more than spending more than half an hour of my time as a glorified piƱata for some of the most terrifyingly overtuned ships in the mod.

I get a lot of stick myself for what others perceive as me preventing GRN| losses through overcommittals to ongoing groupfights. Sometimes, I think there might be some truth to those claims - but then something like this happens and I realise that, for all the flaws my faction and I have between us, we are far from stooping to the same level as some others.

I want to know your rationale - from an ooRP perspective - for wasting my time with that travesty that happened about half an hour ago. I will provide evidence (however thin, since my screenshot program wasn't working, else there'd be sheafs of it) to avoid any mealy-mouthed 'please provide screens' nonsense, despite the fact that I know the faction leader himself was there and therefore it shouldn't really be necessary. I am not interested in the iRP justification, because, frankly, I already know what you're going to say and don't consider it a valid excuse whatsoever - prevention of losses from an iRP perspective does not excuse ganking the daylights out of someone in my book, nor should it ever.

F U N

The more cynical part of me thinks that you didn't expect me to bother writing this post at all, and rather hoped I'd burn myself out on Skype beforehand. Unfortunately, I think it's important that you're held accountable for your (IMHO deplorable) actions, and that I get a chance to either get some damage control thrown my way, or a simple lack of response that speaks volumes about your intentions on this server as regards empathy for the other side in a fight.
First of all I was completely aware that you are going to write this post, I even offered you to "take it somewhere else". For the record I will say that yes, the way you desribed the situation was how it went.
If it helps: yes, you would have gotten that drone with ease. This is now why we intervened though. The decision to interrupt the duel was one I made as the leader of an AI faction and not as who I am as a person. That is a very important thing for me: I refuse to break character, even if it means making people angry.
While I try to balance fights out as much as possible, I simply can't do the same about dules. Duels are an action that's based on honor and accpetance from both sides. (PRIME) AI's operate on a min-max principle: maximum benefit for minimal effort. Accepting the loss of a unit to keep a duel fair would be completely illogical in that regard. I tried everything to keep you alive in that situation: the attacking units were ordered not to go for the kill and you were given multiple chances to just leave.
As I said, an AI has no sense of honor or justice, its actions are entirely based around its own benefit. I very well know about the unwritten law of not interrupting a duel and with every other faction I wouldn't have interfered, but not here. No I am not saying that PRIME will gank whenever possible - an overkill would be inefficient as well - but note that PRIME will not take emotions like pride or honor into consideration since those emotions were deemed useless and inefficient.
I'm sorry that I have to go for the "that's just our RP" explanation, but that's how it is.
Noted. I find your explanation entirely unacceptable. Your upholding of your own personal RP values might seem noble to you, but to me it just shows a total lack of empathy for the player(s) on the other side of the screen - an attitude I find deplorable. I am not a side character in your faction's RP environment - I am here to have fun just as much as you are. You, however, don't seem to care much at all about that, so I'll simply leave you with this:

In future, I will be sure to treat PRIME| with all the fair play it deserves. I would also encourage anyone else who might read this thread and the response offered to follow suit.
[16:16:48] Mephistoles: "it makes sense to gank you inrp so it's ok" is never a valid excuse
(04-17-2016, 04:57 PM)PKPower Wrote: [ -> ]No I am not saying that PRIME will gank whenever possible
(04-17-2016, 09:57 PM)PKPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2016, 04:57 PM)PKPower Wrote: [ -> ]No I am not saying that PRIME will gank whenever possible

Funny because I can pull up screens of the exact same thing happening to me when I was in a 2v1 me being a line core snub and having a cruiser harping on me.

If I go further back through my screens I can also pull up screens of 3 ai cruisers jumping a lone mako (me) of course all of you died but still needing 3 cruisers for one mako is sad especially when your cruiser is the most broken and overpowered cruiser in the mod.

Every factions RP says to gank their enemies, using that as an explanation is dumb.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8