Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, my name is Mark Tuchinsky or as others may know me " \(0_0\) ". I spend most of my days not playing Freelancer Discovery, however when I do play the game I am almost always on this server. Specifically in the highly enlightened ranks of Gallia, as a Gallic Junker. Hey, you can get amazing deals for scrap there and it's a beautiful place to stay. Especially in Maine where the dumping ground for the major corporations with their billions of credits and personal planets can make a very determined Junker rich enough to enter that crowd entirely by their own doing.
I'm a lone wolf, the exact opposite of what you want to be when you are trying to have fun on a server where everyone agrees that:

1. The original Freelancer was grossly underrated.
2. We miss you, Digital Anvil Studios.
3. The "spiritual sequel" of the game is Star Citizen, fingers crossed it's a good game.
4. I'd rather play this game than pay 10 bucks a month for Eve.
5. The Discovery Mod is one of the best things that has ever happened to this game.

Warning: Story Mode Engaged

At least I hope some will agree with these statements, I've tried to enter myself into Factions on other servers, " Disco 24/7 Non-RP " had a great faction base, but I't didn't feel right. Possibly because I'm terrible at filling quotas and base building was some of the most boring stuff I have ever done, ever. I respected my faction members though and I hope when I suddenly disappeared a few months back they weren't too angry with me. I will never play on that server again due to shear embarrassment, great way to introduce myself to another community.
So, how did I end up like this specifically- I'm mean I'm only 15, when the game originally came out I was 4 years old. I got my first personal computer when I was 7, yep I'm a spoiled brat who was born with a bronze spoon in his mouth. A few weeks later my Uncle bought some CD games for New Years or something, there were 5 games in there and each of them had a price tag of 4.99. Which in early 2008 meant that they were from the early 2000s. Battle for Troy, Rise of Nations, Dogfight: Battle For the Pacific, Roller Coaster Builder 2, and Freelancer. I played the games over the coming months in that order, and was intimidated by the scary man standing in front of a space ship.
It wasn't until I was 9 nine years old that I first tired to play the game, was a completely newbie to the nth degree. Couldn't figure out how to press F3 and kept being called worthless by King, yep I was stuck on the first level. A year later I was stuck on the Mission in the California Ice Fields, mission 3. It wasn't until I was 12 years old that I finally managed to finish the game and in that moment, when you finally destroy the Nomads (maybe) was so emotionally moving, it brought me to tears. I learned about the discovery mod almost two years ago. I downloaded it 18 months ago, for some reason the single player worked and I didn't go directly onto a server until just over a year ago now. I joined this server for the first time several months back and I told that story for the first time, today.

Warning: Story Mode Disengaged

Well, that's me- look I know TLDR but it's a free country right? I followed the rules to the best of my ability and trust you are a crowd you don't want to displease. I mean that in a good way, like you don't want to lose your respect. Oh, almost forgot- I have provided a gift for everyone in the form of my favorite meme Star Trek joke.
Sup sup.

Welcome to the server and community... Even though its a bit late.
Make yourself at home and stuff. Have fun out there and engage with what the mod has in store.
Vanilla factions and non vanilla ones and yea...

Anyway nice to meet u and cya in space!

Welcome to crazyland, I'll be your guide:

On the left is the blood fountain

on the right, the other blood fountain. DONT GET THEM CONFUSED.

--

meds are handed out at about 6pm so until then, I'm gonna go chase this chipmunk into the milkshake pool.

Happy Christmas

( In all seriousness, welcome and whatnot)