Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I am excited about returning to the world of Freelancer. It has been 3 years since I last played, and 5 years or longer since I have played regularly. Back in the day I played on a different server/mod. I don't remember which one, but I was part of the corsair guild Real Pirates Guild (RPG) and I flew as or R3D. I am planning on creating a freelancer trader, and rediscovering Sirius while building some cash. Eventually I would love to join a guild, but I have not yet decided whether I will go lawful or not.

I have read many rules and a few tutorials recently, but if someone could point me to a thread giving a run down of the system politics (who is at war with who), then I would be grateful.

Thank you, and I look forward to flying with you all.

ps Oh and if anyone happens to have flown with the RPG back in the day (Starkiller or Artemis...) , I would love to reconnect.
Welcome.

Gallia vs Bretonia + Liberty.
Outcasts vs corsairs.
Rheinland vs Liberty (not sure if it's still going).

Other than that, each faction has some pirate/rebel faction they fight against.

In discovery you can join any faction you want, including those who oppose eachother. You don't need to choose a particular one if you don't want to.
Regarding Yber's third paragraph:

Liberty Navy vs Hellfire Legion
Rheinland Military vs Red Hessians vs Corsairs
Bretonian Armed Forces vs Mollys vs Gaians
Kusari Naval Forces vs Kusari Exiles vs Blood Dragons (will escalate - Soon [TM])
Gallic Royal Navy vs The Council/Maquis/Brigands

SCRA/Coalition vs everyone, because reasons. Smile
welcome back
Thanks everyone for your answers.
Welcome back.
I wish you a great time here Smile
Hope i see you in sometimes in Rheinland Smile