Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gaian Guard - Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: DXX2zP4.png]

What is the Gaian Guard?

The Gaian Guard is the currently dominating cell of the Gaians. Composed by a huge variety of individuals, from die hard ecologists and religious zealots to simple pirates and fugitives. The cell is vaguely divided into two subgroups, a trait inherited from two separate cells that founded this organisation in middle 822 AS. The two subgroups are as follows: the Eden Initiative, which is the religious part of the Guard, and the Watchers, that are the die hard scientists.

The Gaian Guard protects nature, do what we do!

Is the Gaian Guard the right choice?

The focus on nature protection is the central thought of this organisation. Whether you're new to ecology or an advanced reseacher/pilot you're always welcome to fight for the rights of nature!

We're not only attacking those who harm the last pieces of wonderful nature. The Guard is far more then that, we engage in trade with our closest partners, sabotage cardamine trade within our zones of influence and stop the nomad and wild threat within Bretonia. This Gaian group is fighting for a stable Bretonia, a nation that is good for it's people and good for her nature!

Can I join the Gaian Guard?

You can apply to the Gaian Guard by leaving us a message on this channel. You'll be informed as soon as possible about your application. Be creative, write a nice story and visualize your application. Put the ooRP form below your inRP application. You are free to join our Discord server prior to writing one and discuss anything!

[Image: GG-TB-Popeye_zpslrv28al0.png]

No more.

I say no more!

I'm sick of those rusty spaceports! I want to inhale this stinky air that smells on a fart no more! I want to drink this water with peewee aroma no more! I want a house at the hill, with my own sunny lawn and my own dog! Any dog! A pink one from Gaia, with long green tongue and fish eyes, I don't mind. I want my home to live in it like a human!

Damn this greedy companies that are selling me canned spinach with "almost identical" aroma. I want my own garden where I can grow my own spinach. And if they can't give me that, I will take it!

I mean... we will take it, right? Together?

[Image: GG-TB-end_zps1hwvroir.png]
[Image: DRXarI5.jpg?4]
Subject: Approval
Source: Cambridge
Encryption: High
Priority: Medium

Greetings!

Delays, delays, delays... Life would be boring without those. I apologise for your wait and I'm happy to inform you that you have been accepted into the ranks of Guard's Initiates. Get yourself to Torshavn Spaceport and get your gear. We're counting on you to do well.

Don't disappoint us.

Message end.

Comm ID: Dr. Brooks
File Type: Encrypted Text Only

Dear Sir or Madam of the GG,

You may call me Natalia in short. I don't well... I don't usually let people know I have a doctors degree in biology... The whole Dr. thing is ... unnecessary.
Well you see, I have been studying plants and ecosystems for a time now... some of the work is more... not in line with laws you can say... or perhaps just laws put in place by the right people for their own agenda.
Some people for example would not want a cure to be found for illnesses. And so they hide these natural cures and outlaw research done to them and replace it with their own 'cure' that are highly expensive and only result in a slow death. Other times you find a specific... deadly sort of bacteria... and instead of investigating further, it is stopped as well. It has put my work well back a bit.... but not at all halted.
I share the same hatred towards those such as Planetform and their greed to terraform planets and destroy the unique nature present. But what can I say... we both know corruption is behind all of this... and things need to be done about it. Perhaps... exposing them to nature... will be our cure? If you know what I mean by that.

I would like to join the organisation and further continue my research in a more ... how you say... enriching environment. I am also willing to be quite ruthless with targets that stand in the organisation's way for the protection of Gaian interests.

If you would be so kind as to contact me back of your decision for acceptance, I will be most grateful. I look forward to further working as member of the Gaian Guard.

Welcome!

It's always uplifting to see young and educated people of Bretonia step into our ranks and join us in our struggle. I can assure you about one thing: your skills won't go waste with us. You might even meet someone you should get along with just fine. Now, to not delay it any longer. Welcome aboard. Find our "requisition office" on Torshavn to get yourself set up.

Stay safe and make us proud.

Oh, by the way, your name reminds me of someone. Would you happen to have a famous relative?

Message end.
Well, hello there fellow gaians,

To be honest it was a joyfull moment when I got your advertisement in my hands at the bar. I've seen that you are already up to follow the old path and offer your blood for the defense on planet Gaia. Personally maybe some of you know about me, since I was a proud member of the old group, named Nature's Last Hope and I was lucky enough to fly together with real heroes of the society. The old times have ended but the problem still exist. Gaia needs defense and as always, I'm already prepared to give myself for this casuse.

Novadays I'm working on a plantation and trying to find out the cure for some diseases what the population of Bretonia need to fight with. Its something what I can do, but to be honest I miss the times when I had some Planetform ships in my crosshair, so if you can use another hand, just let me know please.

I have an old, rusty bomber in my hangar what could reminds me for the old times and I've started to renew and old gunboat, but to be honest I feel myself familiar with snubships, so its just some kind of hobby but maybe we could find a good usage for that beauty.

If you would like to reach me, feel free and call me via S.K.Y.P.E. protocol.

Awaiting for your generous reply.

Best regards

Serpent

Greetings!

You already owe us a bit of electronics since Vicky spilled her gin all over the place after noticing we have a recruit. Heh.
NLH, eh? Good. Clockwork won't be so lonely now. If you two know each other. Anyway, doesn't matter. Welcome aboard. get to Torshavn and set yourself up.
We'll sure find some use for that old lady of yours.

Untill then.

Message end.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Transmission Start: encryption=PF-X816.V_17.42<error: non-standard user settings detected>

Sender: Dr Robin Maldon
Recipient: Gaian Guard
Subject: Request for sanctuary
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good day to you friends,

Dr Robin Maldon, Arid-Zone Ecologist and member of the Cambridge Ecology Research Institute here.

The arid-land ecologicts amongst you may know me from my previous works including: "Sub-Temperate Invertebrate Species of Planet New London", "Denver Dunehoppers: Masters of Water-Stress Resistance" and "Sun and Sand, the Amazing Adaptions of Arthropod Arid-Zone Colonists".

Anyway, shameless and shameful plugs aside, I've run into a bit a problem with the "powers that be" after my survey of the microfauna of Planet Sprague. It seems that there are a number of uncatalogued and undescribed invertebrate and bacteriod species present on the Planet.

I am sure you will appreciate the importance of this situation considering the current vigourous efforts to terraform the planet. These species, or subspecies, are unlikely to be found anywhere else in Sirius and a full evaluation of their ecological and medical value should, I believe, be undertaken before any further terraforming takes place.

Now, the reason I am contacting you regarding this is that I have been threatened with all sorts of uncouth repercussions if I go public with my findings. Of course, I would like to know that I have friends to go to if, and when, I do.

As you can probably tell from this vid-link, I am currently stuck out on assignment in a particularly hazardous area of Sprague, no doubt the "higher powers" within Planetform are hoping I suffer an unfortunate accident here.

However, I have secured passage from the Planet with a group of Rheinlandic smugglers. If you are willing to take me in, I will make my way to your choice of destination as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to hear my case, I look forward to hearing your decision.

Dr Maldon over, and out.

Reduce your carbon footprint: recycle your synthetics

Transmission Status: PF-X816.V_17.42<corrupted transmission/automatic_deletion_protocol/end>

Good day.

Well, that is some interesting news. I'll certainly have a look into your research, if you'll allow.
As for your inquiry, I'll have a covert ship pick you up from Freeport 1 as soon as you arrive. They'll take you to a place far enough from all the corporate eyes. We'll find you on our own, so don't blow yourself by trying to signal anyone once you're there.

Untill then.

Message end.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: 5IEg40P.jpg?1]

To: Message towards Gain Guard

Greetings,
my name is Pete Horowitz, a normal professor who just did some researches about the wildlife. Even from the start I knew, that we should protect this wildlife... but my supervisors were the opinion that we should start to trade this all over Sirius... it was a bad idea... and I left the research Institute. Quiet a long time ago, I met one of your pilots, I think he was in New London and stopped a few Wildlife freighters and forced them to bring the Wildlife back, it was a nice show. Anyway, I'm here to support you and to stop the work from Planetform and their researches.

That was all for now, I wish you a great day.

Regards,
Horowitz

TRANSMISSION END

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7