Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sony Vegas Pro - AVI files - Win 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a slight problem at the moment. I've recently moved to Windows 10 from Win 7. I've copied all of my video files and I've still got them now. However, when I try to import or drag and drop files into SV it get these errors.

http://i.imgur.com/dWThh4z.png <- When I import

http://i.imgur.com/BReyZAL.png <- When I drag files into SV

I've tried several codecs but it still doesn't let me use them in SV. I can open AVI files using VLC media player and that's about it. Before I installed VLC player, every time I opened an AVI file I'd only here the sound and couldn't see the video.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
you shouldnt need codecs, i use sony vegas, only codec ive ever installed is divx/xvid that was ages ago, ive never installed any other codecs, and i import no problem into vegas, your avi files must be corrupt
AVI Fixed

may repair the files if they are broken.

i have used nandub before. basicaly to rewrite the file with a new title.

dont know if thats what you problem is though. Id try installing the xvid codec
Oh great. I really hope they're not all corrupt. I have about 30 videos that all don't work QQ I'll give that AVI fixer ago and see what that does. Cheers

Edit: It just broke the videos even more...
i trust you kept back ups

virtualdub (was nandub befor) will probably not help either (requires xvid if you do)

you could try a vitual machine to run your old OS (im guessing its win10 to blame)

you could look/ask here
Just convert the clips to x264 MP4s
Gspot will identify the correct codec to instal for you
ahhh i remember Gspot in the old days of making svcd's etc, but you shouldnt need to install a codec into vegas
(06-28-2015, 07:51 PM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]ahhh i remember Gspot in the old days of making svcd's etc, but you shouldnt need to install a codec into vegas

Vegas doesn't like FRAPS videos as far as I remember.
fraps records uncompressed avi, so vegas might struggle if you dont have a good set of ram and a decent cpu

my old comp had that prob, my newer one can handle them no problem
Pages: 1 2