Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Broadband transmission to Wichita Orbital R&D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Hello there.

It seems Wichita has an orbiting station nowadays and is located right on the important path between Magellan and Humboldt jump holes. However, it seems that the owners failed to introduce themselves to the neighborhood.

That's a really bad start.

But let's take things from the beginning. Tell us who you are and what's your purpose in Kansas. And of course your plans about this satellite of yours. In the meantime I'll hang a portrait of Wichita in my office. I hope it does not infringe any copyrights.

[Image: 6tEb3gL.jpg]

I am sure none of us want to disturb the serenity of this place.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
...uploading.data...

You have 24 hours to respond to this message.

[Image: oHLnUdr.png]
Hirschel Energy
Research & Development

To: Deceiver Wolfgang Weisen

The image on the screen shows a man still in a pressure suit sans helmet. He is in the process of stripping off his suit gloves.

"Good afternoon, Deceiver? I do not believe that I know that title. I presume that it is from some organization local to the area? You'll have to forgive me, I grew up in the Omegas and am still learning my way around the political landscape."

Alsetone sits in his desk chair, the very image of attentiveness.

"My name is Charles Alestone. I am the CEO of Hirschel Energy R and D, and the owner of Wichita Orbital.

If I failed to introduce myself to your organization, it is because I was unaware of it's existence, and I did not get a response from you when I broadcast to all of Sirius regarding the ownership of the Junction Wreck. I also spoke with various organizations including the Liberty & Bretonian governments and the Junkers, and no one mentioned any other people I should be aware of.

I have even gone so far as to send missions to the surface of Wichita looking for the last known owners. While we encountered a small community, there were no occupants and it is abandoned."

Alestone's posture tightens slightly. "As to being on the trade route between Kansas and Humboldt, the base is intentionally in southern polar orbit of Wichita to preclude even the appearance of attempting to control the route. I have, in fact, gone to enough effort to not be problematic to my known neighbors that the base is over 40k from the jump hole we use to service the base from Magellan and effectively unarmed."

A tired look crosses Charles' face.

"As to what we are up to, I am rebuilding the Junction Wreck to make a research station. Wichita Orbital is my company's housing and warehouse facility for that project.

I am a Naval Architect and theoretical physicist, and am experimenting in power production. Given certain rare properties in Kansas, and the lack of occupants, I considered it a good place to conduct my research. I believe that I know what I am doing, but I have no desire to repeat the events in Texas.

I hope that I have answered your questions, and that you are intending to return the courtesy?"

The screen fades to the Hirschel Energy crest for a moment, then goes blank.
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Interesting story.

You are claiming to be a scientist yet you did not make a small research to find out which groups mainly operate in Kansas system? I think you are mocking my intelligence as a Lane Hacker.

Despite all that, I would like you to list all the uncommon commodities that you purchase as part of your research project. I am confident that we can find a solution for your satellite to exist peacefully, should you remain cooperative.

Hirschel Energy
Research & Development

Perhaps, Mr. Weisen, there was some sarcasm in my last message. You caught me at the end of a very strenuous week, and I have had to tell that story to far too many individuals, many of whom I would have thought should already been aware of it.

In answer to your comments about Lane Hackers in Kansas, no, I was not aware of your organization operating in Kansas. To my knowledge, there was nothing to interest you here when we commenced operations. I will offer you the knowledge that the Commonwealth of House Liberty has ordered me, as a condition of my station's operations in their declared sovereign space, to disallow your people access to the station.

In regard to uncommon commodities, the base is, for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a construction platform and housing facility, still in the process of standing up. We are currently acquiring standard basing supplies such as Robotic Hardware, Heat Sinks, High Performance Alloy and Nanomembrane Filters. These are things that any trade firm can supply.

As to a solution for our continued approval to operate in Kansas, perhaps a tidbit of information might be of interest to you. One of my vessels, -=J=-Contraption, recently encountered LNS Wyoming in the Kansas system. She made the perhaps... unintentional move of getting inside of Contraption's active scanner envelope.

I found it a considerable surprise that a Liberty ship was carrying a Nomad power supply and cloak. Before the station crew's mutiny, I used to be the Chief of Research for Star Enterprises in Omega-11, and I know the tech involved in cloaks. The data I was presented was not indicative of human design.

To peaceful resolutions, Mr. Weisen.
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Yoshida here.

Considering the revelations that you made, I will be responsible over the discussions now. Please do not use the term "Commonwealth of House Liberty" again. It creates unintentional and frantic laughs which are not very professional on our part.

The nationalist cell commonly known as Hellfire is of no concern to us. They are just a small group which has committed a number of treasons in the past, and is expected sooner or later to collapse. But unlike them we are gracious. We understand your need to appease different groups as well as appreciate your honesty so we shall ignore your dealings with the law enforcement or the nationalists provided that you agree to our terms.

You will agree to the following terms:
  1. Open Wichita Orbital again to LH~ tagged ships and all the untagged ship names that I will send you in private.
  2. Your installation shall not exceed Core 2 or be supported by defense modules.
  3. Provide a transport shipment (more than 3000 cargo units) of Nanotubes to Hangar 14B of Freeport 4 on a monthly basis. Considering you being a scientist, I believe this would be no problem to procure such commodities.

If you fail to meet those moderate demands, we shall show up again, this time with a fleet. As for the intel, we shall keep a closer look in the network for its movement even though you have not provided any evidence to back your claims.

Hirschel Energy
Research & Development

Mr. Yoshida,

I find no particular difficulties in your terms except that they you asked me not to name explicitly requested that I not allow your LH~ flag to dock. Docking the base is otherwise open to anyone not explicitly denied.

I have already made a similar agreement with them with the exception previously mentioned. Personally, I have no problem with your folks, but if you compromise with us on having your "identified" agents not dock, we will service the "unidentified" agents as we do anyone else that arrives in our bays. As you say, I am in a difficult position vis-a-vie many jurisdictions.

Regarding the Intel, would comm logs from our service vessel be of interest to you?
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Following Hellfire Legion's demands to the letter implies that you work for their interests. And you do not want to be associated with them Mr Alestone, I can assure you of that.

Granting access to LH~ tagged ships is non-negotiable. That being said however, you can trust our reputation and expect that Lane Hacker operatives are discreet enough and will not do something which will put your base's neutrality at stake.

You may provide comm logs, perhaps there is something of value there.

Hirschel Energy
Research & Development

Mr. Yoshida,

It is not so much a desire to follow their commands, as a submission to their brutality. Part of my "agreement" with them was to provide access to the station's docking register to an inspector. Since they explicitly mentioned the flag that we are discussing, if I suddenly remove that flag from the register, sooner or later, they are bound to notice.

What you are currently demanding leaves me in the invidious position of choosing my executioner.
Hirschel Energy
Research & Development

Mr. Yoshida,

We have figured out a method for complying with your requirement. You can find it in the technical appendix of this message.

Hirschel will document our deliveries of Nanotubes in this channel.
Pages: 1 2